Battery :2700Wh
Suspension
Speed:  70 km/hr
Tire size:  20 inch

Here is the link to the video.

Edited by Charles McLean
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally the one wheel to rule them all! I already feel so sorry for whoever don't have enough spare money. Because if you are missing this, you are missing the history itself. I mean, just look at Veteran Sherman. I've never seen a more welcomed wheel on this forum. Nobody gives a shit about weight in 2020, it's all about battery and speed. And suspension. If there is one reason why KingSong and Inmotion were still being paid attention to after the Sherman, it's suspension. But now we have EX which is like Sherman with suspension. My deepest condolence for the new S18 and V11 owners, you impatience made better of you. Even if EX turns out to be utter disappointment in every possible way (I don't expect so), it's still landslide beyond any competition just based on specs. There is simple no way for the suspension wheel with these specs not to be the wheel to go if you can afford it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nifrigel said:

... My deepest condolence for the new S18 and V11 owners, you impatience made better of you. Even if EX turns out to be utter disappointment in every possible way (I don't expect so), it's still landslide beyond any competition just based on specs. There is simple no way for the suspension wheel with these specs not to be the wheel to go if you can afford it.

No so fast...   I think what will happen is that the S18 is going to be the better trail wheel and the EX is going to be the better street wheel.  My impression, based purely on other people's reviews, is that the S18 will have the edge for trail riding because it's lighter, has more adjustability in the suspension,  more travel in the suspension, and has better ergonomics for your legs and feet.

Weight doesn't mean much on the street, but it makes all the difference in the world when it comes to popping over obstacles.  I'm completely on the fence between these two wheels.   I was firmly in the EX camp a few days ago and now I'm leaning towards the S18.   I may end up taking a sledge hammer to my bank account and getting both,  because the EX will clearly be a street monster and the S18 will be great on trails and off-road.

I think we're on the verge of the first real divergence in electric unicycles similar to street bikes and mountain bikes or street motorcycles and  dirt bikes...  A lot of people will take the S18  for all the reasons I've listed, but also because it'll be much cheaper simply because it has less battery.  So the S18 will have less barrier to entry into the world of suspension.  I think both of these wheels will be highly successful but for different reasons.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nifrigel said:

Finally the one wheel to rule them all! I already feel so sorry for whoever don't have enough spare money. Because if you are missing this, you are missing the history itself. I mean, just look at Veteran Sherman. I've never seen a more welcomed wheel on this forum. Nobody gives a shit about weight in 2020, it's all about battery and speed. And suspension. If there is one reason why KingSong and Inmotion were still being paid attention to after the Sherman, it's suspension. But now we have EX which is like Sherman with suspension. My deepest condolence for the new S18 and V11 owners, you impatience made better of you. Even if EX turns out to be utter disappointment in every possible way (I don't expect so), it's still landslide beyond any competition just based on specs. There is simple no way for the suspension wheel with these specs not to be the wheel to go if you can afford it.

EX is not like sherman. Veteran Sherman has no load speed of 103-105kph at full battery while EX has only 86kph. I will not ride this thing at 70+kph. The video on FB showing 69-70kph top speed might be a 60kg rider😄

At 38kg, if the lift switch is of a similar design as the Monster V3... RIP those poor microswitches
GotWayEXLiftSwitch.jpg.6e48ab60866973bd784bbc23adea2050.jpg

Also the red around the headlight is... cool I guess? Might be kinda ambiguous on the road. I would have preferred a better headlight over the red styling.

But overall, I'm really just curious how much of a difference the 5cm of suspension travel will really make.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 8:08 AM, poison said:

Specs. ;)

GW-EX100V.jpg

Hmm why is Gotway going with a 75% last alarm? Too many people ignoring and cutting out? The 70% alarm on the Veteran Sherman is annoying enough as it is. I ignore it for 4-5 mph before i take it seriously. 

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Hmm why is Gotway going with a 75% last alarm? Too many people ignoring and cutting out? The 70% alarm on the Veteran Sherman is annoying enough as it is. I ignore it for 4-5 mph before i take it seriously. 

I truly hope they don't end up doing this on the Monster Pro :( I'm waiting for my Sherman like many others and I feared this would be an issue, as I have a tough time pushing past the beep (mentally, physically I could do it but I always stop myself). I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on my wheel speed, something I was hoping to not have to worry about too much on the Sherman...

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

You lost me ther as it still shows the normal 80% motor alarm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I truly hope they don't end up doing this on the Monster Pro :( I'm waiting for my Sherman like many others and I feared this would be an issue, as I have a tough time pushing past the beep (mentally, physically I could do it but I always stop myself). I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on my wheel speed, something I was hoping to not have to worry about too much on the Sherman...

At 80%+ battery sherman's 1st beep is at 65kph.  Considering that to bring down the battery to 80% you've been riding to almost 40-50km already. I think that's enough to most rider. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

only the EX has 75% beep, monster pro is classic 80% 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Globewheel said:

When are  these wheels going to come out they said on Facebook that they would come out in July that was a while ago

Hopefully when they're perfected....    I for one wouldn't want to drop a few grand on a wheel just to have it fall apart in a couple weeks or not live up to what was promised.  I'd rather they spent the time to get it right instead of rushing it out.

7 hours ago, Alexutlang said:

At 80%+ battery sherman's 1st beep is at 65kph.  Considering that to bring down the battery to 80% you've been riding to almost 40-50km already. I think that's enough to most rider. 

65kmh is what I bring my MSX up to usually, I was hoping to be able to go a bit faster for a bit longer 😅 we'll see, I may just end up getting a monster pro depending on how reviews turn out.