7 hours ago, onizukagto said:

surprised Vee's video isn't here, but hey, here you go:

Seemed more like a EX Dissuade video than an Initial Review. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I would STRONGLY suggest that you test ride these wheels before biasing yourself too much. It sounds to me like you may have pretty high expectations, and I'd hate for you to be disappointed. MAYBE the wheels will live up to ALL your hopes and desires. But then again, its a hell of a gamble for a lot of $$, with high risk. Toss in some high expectations and perhaps you'd be better odds with buying $3500 in lottery tickets. If you have ridden these and they ARE the solution to your concerns, buy now and enjoy. Also, tell us how it went/goes...

I have two great wheels already, so I'm fine waiting for some more people to try it out. Vee's pre-review was more a list of issues she had with it, so really incomplete. Nothing about the power of the new motor. Torque vs speed. etc. 

Vee's issues:

• Lack of instructions
  • Didn't like the lift button placement / size
  • Didn't like the speaker placement
  • Doesn't have the suspension tuned yet
  • Super heavy at 85 pounds

Hard to get an overall impression. And suspension is not supposed to eliminate all bumps. It's mean't to take the sharp edge of that initial impact of hitting a road hazard. We need to get it to more riders / reviewers and see what we all think about it.

(On my Monster V3, I disabled the lift button because it could get stuck. I don't care about the speakers.)

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Still, nothing takes the place of test riding one yourself.

Being able to test ride a wheel before purchase would be AWESOME!!!  

Not sure how I could arrange it though.  :confused1:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, erk1024 said:

Being able to test ride a wheel before purchase would be AWESOME!!!  

Not sure how I could arrange it though.  :confused1:

It would be great if customer demos were part of the influencers time with these pre-production wheels. I know that the units get brought to meet ups and rides, but I don't have that in my area. If it were announced that there would be a few EXs in SF on whatever date I would do everything that I could to participate. 

• Like 1

Pre-production EUCs are a scam last time it showed us the kingsong S18 pre-production models compiled by engineers and worked great.
But people began to send "waste quality assembly" is a tragedy I will never again believe only tests of pre-production models. This is an expensive hobby, but the main thing is not to hurt yourself or anyone else.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Trolley handle is a JOKE, 

I am really looking forward for the test ride - is it really worth to carry all this 39 kg with You all the time...

totally agree with you.
I'm wondering if that trolley can handle weight of the wheel if the wheel lean on one side.

2 hours ago, Meserias said:

totally agree with you.
I'm wondering if that trolley can handle weight of the wheel if the wheel lean on one side.

The MCM5 has a similar trolley design and its held up just fine for me. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EMA said:

the trolley is fine and the wheel is awesom, finally some riding:

Hey, suspension is always better than no suspension. 

I do like how you have to screw the cap with a screwdriver and that it becomes flush with the bottom of the suspension.

Seems more secure and less prone of being damaged. 

Those little parts and exposed moving tubing to the elements?

Might be a tad of a problem. 

5 hours ago, onizukagto said:

I do like how you have to screw the cap with a screwdriver and that it becomes flush with the bottom of the suspension.

Seems more secure and less prone of being damaged.

Are you talking about the cap for the suspension fitting? It looks like, from Vee's video, that it is a press fit. I think she used the screwdriver to press the cap in further.

• Like 2

I hope Begode/Gotway updates the firmware on production units to be able to compete with Veteran top speed. Otherwise their $3400 experiment is going to lose them some customers (IMHO).

a little better than the HT MSP, I thought that was the role of the RS HS, lol.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I hope Begode/Gotway updates the firmware on production units to be able to compete with Veteran top speed. Otherwise their $3400 experiment is going to lose them some customers (IMHO).

a little better than the HT MSP, I thought that was the role of the RS HS, lol.

I think the top speed is pretty locked in, unless they change the motor somehow... Nobody's been able to verify it but the Monster Pro spec sheet says it has a lift speed of 106kmh, essentially tying it with the Sherman. However it will start to beep at 80% power as opposed to the Sherman's 70%. So even though both wheels can achieve the same speeds, at least with the Monster Pro you'll be able to know where a more realistic limit is compared to the Sherman. Mickey's beeps at 39 are definitely better than the MSP HT, at least for me (I hit beeps at 34-35), so I'm interested to see how it rides in person!

• Like 2