On 10/30/2020 at 9:42 PM, shellac said:

I watched @Hsiang‘s video, and it’s a good one. Entertaining and informative.  I can’t help but think that 1200 psi value for the shock is not right though.

nope, that is accurate as I feel a scary blast of air whenever I have to bleed the shock in order to pressurize it. also that's why that pump is so large, and the marking is in Mpa so 1200 psi is what 8 Mpa translates to directly.

Edited by Hsiang
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

nope, that is accurate as I feel a scary blast of air whenever I have to bleed the shock in order to pressurize it. also that's why that pump is so large, and the marking is in Mpa so 1200 psi is what 8 Mpa translates to directly.

Hsiang is a bot , confirmed 😋

• Like 1

High Quality Video... one of the more comprehensive review so far, just no speed related tests...  Apparently pads are must haves!  He even jumped the 86 lbs EX at 20:52 in the video!  Also found out that the front light intensity and brightness is speed sensitive... not sure if it is day light or dim sensitive as well...

Edited by Grooveman64
  • Like 1

At 18:24 he says he liked the wheel much better than the Veteran Sherman. That's high praise. Still, in general, the reviews for this wheel haven't been very enthusiastic. They didn't seem to mention a lack of responsiveness, but it's hard to tell from Google's automatically generated subtitles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, erk1024 said:

How is the acceleration with the 3500w motor? Does it require a lot of "input" to get it going?

Ex is slower from 0 to about 20 km/h, but then it goes straight to the beeps. It easily accelerates uphill and allows to mostly ignore the wind.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EZhel said:

Ex is slower from 0 to about 20 km/h, but then it goes straight to the beeps.

Same exact thing is said about the Sherman, I assume just as much or more due to the weight of both machines rather than motor wattage.

Edited by AtlasP

42 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Ex is slower from 0 to about 20 km/h, but then it goes straight to the beeps.

I saw similar comment in Chinese in the HKEUCRider review, where he said this EX requires a 2 phase acceleration due to its weight...

What that means is that because of the weight and initial inertia... getting the wheel to move from 0 to 20 kph is the first phase, which is probably not very fast...  but once the wheel is "moving" a bit...  it can fly to top speed in no time from that moving acceleration...

Also, the reviewer in the EcoDrift video says the EX became a lot more responsive both in acceleration and braking, after he removed the Gotway pads, and installed his own custom pads... in the mid point of the video.  Vee said the same things about changing pads to better control the EX...

Edited by Grooveman64

1 minute ago, Grooveman64 said:

EX became a lot more responsive both in acceleration and braking, after he removed the Gotway pads, and installed his own custom pads

True, I use them - pedals with spikes, jump pads and power pads, they add a lot of control and comfort.

EX.thumb.jpg.fa5f8b2eb1146a6c226387a8971ace03.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EZhel said:

True, I use them - pedals with spikes, jump pads and power pads, they add a lot of control and comfort.

EX.thumb.jpg.fa5f8b2eb1146a6c226387a8971ace03.jpg

That mud guard is hilarious compared to the very short Gotway Mudguard ! :D

BTW, do you have links to where you buy your power pads, and the jump pads?

Edited by Grooveman64

2 minutes ago, Grooveman64 said:

That mud guard is hilarious compared to the very short Gotway Mudguard ! :D

The stock Ex mudguard doesn't do anything, I got mud all over my back and even helmet. This mudguard on the photo actually works at 60 kph.

• Like 3

On 11/14/2020 at 1:15 AM, EZhel said:

exactly the same for me, good to know !

image.png

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Grooveman64 said:

Don't just watch this 4K video, make sure to read all the interesting comments below it as well ! :D

Someone referenced the the EX "non-suspension" high speed model in the comments. Evidently this model will have the same frame as the suspension model with a few modifications to disable the suspension component. 

HS/non-suspension model should be around 10lbs lighter compared to the HT/suspension model.

Edited by gon2fast