3 hours ago, EMA said:

finally arrived mine today :w00t2:

Hope you have the production version... if that's the case, show us photo of newly improved or redesigned trolley handle, and tell us any other issue they might have fixed with the new motherboard in the production version...  ie, no or less pedal dips when turning, or accelerating... etc...

Still waiting for mine from an AliExpress store...  they say they finally got the units, and they are testing it first before shipping...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grooveman64 said:

Hope you have the production version... if that's the case, show us photo of newly improved or redesigned trolley handle, and tell us any other issue they might have fixed with the new motherboard in the production version...  ie, no or less pedal dips when turning, or accelerating... etc...

Still waiting for mine from an AliExpress store...  they say they finally got the units, and they are testing it first before shipping...

honestly they are all production version, latest units have the new firmware but trolley handle is still the same becouse it's not fixed yet.

i've done 40km today, stock firmware is rideable but not ideal, i have already the new board to switch :)

coming from the review i tought the trolley was a mess but to be honest it works fine, the handle is not comfortable but walking and moving the wheel is pretty easy. of course you cannot twist on spot, some friends of mine find it better than msp/rs ;)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EMA said:

finally arrived mine today :w00t2:

Man am I jealous! You've most of the wheels a guy could want except the current FOTM Sherman. Is it because you wanted a suspension long range wheel? I can certainly understand that as since I got S18, I've not touched the Tesla & only ride the Mten3 on short trips round the hood mainly for groceries & such. While the S18 (faults & all) hasn't solved all issues to say the least, it has insidiously ingrained itself so much so I can't (or I guess I don't want) to ride the way before suspension. The lil' Mten3 is bearable only because its ridden at a much slower pace. 

I've been wanting to pull the trigger on the RS cos I want a faster wheel as a city commuter/explorer & group rides but have recently been having sleepless nights whether to get the EX instead. Sure its more $$$ but its much better to get it done & over with 1x then to have regrets & lose more money to upgrade.

I will be anxiously awaiting your impressions/review esp a direct vs with the RS. 

3 hours ago, EMA said:

...sorry for long post, that's all for now ;)

Don't be sorry, I (& I'm guessing I'm not alone) appreciate all your thoughts on the EX. The reason why I didn't jump on the Sherm bandwagon is because I really would like suspension. I've been thrown out by the Mten3 & have had a few sphincter moments hitting roots, ruts & other such on my Tesla. And I'm not even counting the hits on the back & knees.

The S18 for all its faults turned my riding from zero to hero, literally! I take foot high jumps with aplomb, traverse through differing terrain at speed & no longer brake like scalded cat for every road imperfection. Suspension has made wheelin' fun & games.

Luckily (or not), its getting into the dead of winter here & there's a thicket of the white powdery stuff outside as we speak. So I'm gonna wait for the 3rd or 4th or or .. batch before doing anything. Sadly I've learned from the S18 experience to not be a guinea pig for the mfgr. 

I do however commend you for your bravery. Please keep the impressions rollin'👍

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EMA said:

sorry for long post, that's all for now 

I love detailed reviews!  Much appreciate for sharing!

Let us know more about your experience with the performance, as compared to the RS-T...  like acceleration, braking, torque for climbing... and off roading (when you get a chance)!

Thanks in Advance! :)

Edited by Grooveman64

Last night I received a notification from my preferred reseller stating that their EXs were shipping out this week. When I questioned when the models with revised trolley handles would be available they stated that their GW sales rep confirmed that the incoming batch have the revised trolley handle.

Has anyone seen this revision yet? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EMA said:

some EX action, i'll tell you more about later, specially tire issue fixed with cst 1488 :

Nice! The headlights seems quite bright & I can detect no wheel bounce at all in the clip. Btw is that the Colosseum you passed by round 2.15 mark?

Interesting foot placement, quite far forward, especially at the beginning of the video (e.g. 2:45); I'm guessing that's to help accelerate...? Seems like it would make braking a bit harder but it doesn't look like an issue in the video.

My EX's will be here mid January.

2 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Interesting foot placement, quite far forward, especially at the beginning of the video (e.g. 2:45); I'm guessing that's to help accelerate...? Seems like it would make braking a bit harder but it doesn't look like an issue in the video.

compared to the video i'm usually i'm a bit back, i've put the rear pad too forward :D

but as you see is rideable with no issue, the wheel accelerate with no effort above 20km/h, i use pad between 0 to 20km/h, after that it goes strait to beeps no matter slope or wind you are facing.
It's smoother than RS, crazy motor

• Like 3

tire update:
i was trying to resolve high speed oscillations, i try to center the tire (i know how to do it) but nothing works, so i swap to a new one (kenda k340).

fitting it was a nightmare...not becouse the compound is hard, but becouse after fitting one side into the rim putting the other one in, make the first one go out and so on...this immediately reminds me Kuji trying this tire on sherman : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeuJwcW2JaY

this tire seems bigger compared to classic 18" , the russians measured it at 19.4" , it's labeled : 2.75-14 (20x2.75)

so at the end i put the CST 1488 (msp/rs/v11 tire that i like ) and the wheel start riding smooth as hell, stable, fun and nimble:

IMG_20201215_181257 (1).jpg

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

Hsiang seems to have had a change of heart. Goes to show one shouldn't make a hasty conclusion esp after a brief ride. & I agree with his assessment that suspension makes a large diff. Its has the ability to insidiously attach itself to make it almost indispensable. Or at least, from a casual want to a really really I want it!   

I'm really glad I didn't jump on the Sherman bandwagon. Things are getting more interesting for sure.

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 2

i agree with him, once you move it accelerate really fast, go strait to beeps (buzzer is not loud like RS but better than previous generation wheels)

climb easy everything
seated riding is awesome :P

6 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

But is it worth $3500?

Great question but likely an answer that only we ourselves can provide. Perhaps an equally valid (&mayhaps better) question would be .... how much is a crash/s saved or avoided worth? Again, the answer would be totally personal.

FWIW there are options for pricing if that's an issue. The EX is available for <$2.9k on an Ali store with a pretty good rep. Again its gonna be personal on whether its worth saving $600. For me, it might be as our online stores in Canada don't have the kinda service ewheels have & shipping the entire thing back/forth isn't gonna be cheap. If its just a mobo or similar part, then time would be the only factor.

Which is why I'm a gonna wait for all the bugs to be worked out even if I'm gonna buy insitu.

• Like 1

As far as I am concerned GW has opened the door for every other vendor to deliver a superior product at a better price. I am not trying to thrash this wheel as I was very excited for it (I still have a deposit on a unit, but waiting to see what else 2021 brings), but GW's greed around the price point is absurd. 

• Like 1

@gon2fastPrior to the EX/MPro, I can't honestly say GW has been the most greedy of EUC vendors as I do think GW's been the purveyor of the best price2performance values. That said, I do not disagree with your sentiments & wished they'd have priced the EX & MP less. IMO at $500 less would have been much easier to swallow, inspite of their vaunted infamous QC.

It would be interesting & greatly anticipated I'm sure to see if Veteran Sherman will come up with a suspension option. I hope Inmotion will jump on this bandwagon as well with a faster long range suspended wheel. It remains to been seen if they will deliver a superior product at a better price but hope springs eternal.

Having owned the S18 for the later part of this year's riding season, I'm totally hooked & convinced that suspension is the only way to go esp if I'm going to fork out large coin. For me at least, it makes wheelin' so much more fun with the added bonus of saving my back & knees, nevermind the potential saved wipes.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

I hope Inmotion will jump on this bandwagon as well with a faster long range suspended wheel.

InMo has confirmed their next wheel will be 100v and have their largest battery yet, but there are conflicting reports about whether it will have suspension or not.

• Like 2