On 12/19/2020 at 12:22 AM, gon2fast said:

But is it worth $3500?

imho no one wheel worth the money you pay for, for sure the not most expensive,  if someone ask me best value for money i'll answer mcm5 and msp/rs right now 

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EMA said:

imho no one wheel worth it's money you pay for, for sure the not most expensive,  if someone ask me best value for money i'll answer mcm5 and msp/rs right now 

You answered that perfectly. Many thanks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EMA said:

i'm around 73kg and i'm using the setting in the picture, well balanced for my tipical ride/speed.

some action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ctJcLdS-Q

IMG_20201221_205358.jpg

I might be confused... are you using 0.4 MPa (where yellow needle is pointing), or are you using 7.2 MPa (where RED mark on the dial is)?

I am around the same weight...

This mod let you add an MSP/RS led eye to the EX/EX.N wheels, it do not only makes the light brighter but makes it point way far, especially at speed

You just need to drill a hole in the front cover, put the cable in and plug into the board (ex use only one light, one port is free)
You can easy stick it with double side tape.

right now i'have not put any tilt into the design, need to do a real ride test before makes any adjustments, you can see a short video about it works here : https://youtu.be/umGx2eEV2q4

Begode Gotway EX / EX.N lightning cannon mod by crotalovelenoso - Thingiverse

Edited by EMA

I wonder if any other EX owners are experiencing some suspension compression when first mounting their wheel. This is my first suspension wheel, so I am unsure if this is normal with suspension wheels, but I can feel the suspension compress slightly when I first mount. I have inflated my suspension to 8.5 on the supplied pump.

22 hours ago, Mick Walker said:

I wonder if any other EX owners are experiencing some suspension compression when first mounting their wheel. This is my first suspension wheel, so I am unsure if this is normal with suspension wheels, but I can feel the suspension compress slightly when I first mount. I have inflated my suspension to 8.5 on the supplied pump.

nothing wrong with the wheel, the sag on this wheel depends on the air setting, mine do not sag when i'm on it for example (with my setting of course)

if it compress slightly when you mount probably your setting is a bit low, do some test with controlled bump/curbs

20 hours ago, fbhb said:

Please Do Not worry about a small amount of compression when mounting your EX!  This is what is called the: "sag" and it is completely normal and an expected part of All three of the current suspension wheels behaviour. 

For instance, on my King Song S18's suspension settings chart, the "sag" for any given shock chamber pressure settings, is also clearly stated as this is definitely relative to the correct operation of your shock! 

Hope this helps to clarify for you.

that's true for any kind of progressive type suspension, EX suspension is linear and due to the air setting could not sag when you mounting

it's weird but actually it's a feature of this wheel 

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say that when more i ride this wheel more i love it. I found a new way of riding and the weight of it is starting to not be a problem so not sure about that ;)

Flyin Lion
I've got 400 miles on the EX. Ive owned 10 wheels mostly all GW. Just to put it simple the EX is the best riding experience of all the wheels. I use Clark pads and spiked pedals. I weigh 175llbs. I have no problem accelerating, its super fast and torquey. The braking is great super stable no wobbles. High speed riding is also super great and always likes to ride high 30's and 40 mph. If anything it would go faster but it can't due to cutout. Once you get good on the EX it will bring you to new levels of EUC riding. The suspension works great for me. The combination of having a 3500w motor and 1200psi under each foot is just next level and very powerful combination. Carving is ike nothing else because you can jump into turns and preload jumps and obstacles in the road. It is soooo smooth and responsive and the high pedals are great for carving and sharp turns. Overall just love the EX!! After riding this wheel it is hard to go back to riding other wheels . The feel and performance is like no other!!
MADpack
Definitley Im also in love with the EX bro thank you for sharing

Edited by Grooveman64
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the only thing should be done for sure is sealing the back of the board from the outside, if you don't touch your board your fine but if you change it ( like me or WrongWay ) you need to be sure you seal the back properly becouse stock ring is not so good ;)

most people are scared by the hole in the center but i never see water trace coming from that, i've checked mine several times after wet or mud riding.
Water is moved by the tire and it's pushed outside the wheel not in the center, that's why i advice to seal the back of the board properly :)

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

I've been riding my EX for about a week now, lots of that tracking through mushy snow and icy surfaces. So far it's been fantastic, it finally feels like a wheel that's made for my size (~245 riding weight right now) and is totally comfortable riding on downtown streets with cars. There's a big difference between cruising at 40ish and 50ish when trying to keep up with traffic. I don't find I need power pads, it just took a couple of days to get used to getting hard accelerations / brakes out of it. 

So far no issues with the bearings, although I've done a bearing replacement on the RS I got in the fall, not that big a deal to do as it turns out. It won't be the end of the world if the EX bearings go (although I'm certainly hoping they don't :).)

I'm using this as my daily wheel so if it is going to have any issues, hopefully they will pop up sooner than later.

Edited by winterwheel
typo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, winterwheel said:

I'm using this as my daily wheel so if it is going to have any issues, hopefully they will pop up sooner than later.

Awesome Terry, please keep us posted on issues. I think you put your wheels thru hell (literally if anyone knows Edmonton weather🤩) so if it survives & thrives, I think it might be my next upgrade. Unless there's a Sherman SS (for Sport Suspension)👍

• Like 1