12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The Sherman has a similar battery distribution and nobody complains about it being sluggish.

Isn’t the EX several inches taller than the Sherman? And I took the Sherman as having an uncommonly low center of gravity for its size. But this is just from looking at the photos, which may completely deceive.

• Like 1

from @houseofjob description seems to me all about firmware/huge magnets and of course rider preference.

it remind me when torque msp came out and how it feels different at first time

thinking about geometry and feeling, i'm curious about try it with no air pumped in (if it's possible) , to try it out in the lower position

Edited by EMA

Personalmente estoy enamorado del EX y aún no lo he probado ni lo tengo ...

Actualmente tengo una Monster V3100V 3108Wh (Sí, la peligrosa, muy peligrosa 3108wh que la gente ha puesto en la hoguera como a las brujas de la época de la inquisición!); y estoy muy contento con su funcionamiento (creo que el compañero que tuvo la mala suerte que se le quemó fue eso: mala suerte! Fuego con tantas baterías = espectáculo de fuego !!. Conozco 3 personas que la tenemos y todos estamos muy contentos con nuestra rueda!

Pasé de una MSX a una Monster V2 y ahora la V3.

Cada vez que ha realizado un paso a otra nueva rueda siempre he aumentado de peso y las primeras sensaciones han sido muy tristes y con la duda si me había equivocado en el cambio de rueda ....

Y os puedo decir que para mí la mejor rueda es mi actual V3 de 32Kg !!!!!

Me gusta el off road y cierto es que pesa, pero una vez te acostumbras puedes ir tan rápido que las MSX no pueden seguir el ritmo !! Os lo aseguro !!

El piloto siempre es el 60-70% del conjunto !!

Hemos de pensar que no se puede tener TODO !!!!

Queremos que corra, que tenga buenos materiales, que sea resistente, con suspensión, con un motor potente, con mucha autonomía ...... y creéis que todo esto no pesa ??????

Hay otras ruedas más ligeras y con más agilidad, pero no les puedes pedir potencia, velocidad, autonomía .....

En esta vida hay que decidir y ser valiente !!

A veces leo algunos en este chat que foro que dicen ser expertos y parecen principiantes con los comentarios y razonamientos de Disney que hacen !!

Una rueda NUEVA con sistema de suspensión "único / particular" con 2700Wh de batería, con mucho motor .... ha de ser pesada seguro !!!!

Hemos de tener claro todo lo que tiene y si nos va a proporcionar buenas sensaciones cunado la vayamos a usar ....

Un F1 es muy malo en caminos de tierra y un Hummer es muy malo, lento y pesado en el circuito de velocidad; pero pon a cada uno en su lugar y verás lo bien que se desenvuelven ...

Hemos visto videos de esta rueda que otras ni sueñan hacerlo (subida en tierra con mucha inclinación, que un compañero Chino la sube hasta arriba !!).

Hay más ligeras, bonitas, fees, altas, bajas, y seguro que a unos les irá bien unas cosas y mal en otras situaciones, pero repito al decir que esta rueda me enamora y tengo muchas ganas de tenerla ya, montarla por mis caminos rotos que normalmente hago con mi V3 y espero pasar las irregularidades del camino mucho mejor que lo hago ahora.

Saludos a todos y seamos "constructivos" y no "destructivos" !!

Un abrazo y FORZA GOTWAY / BEGODE !!

Edited by Carbonos
Añadir en Inglés.
  • Like 3

Hi,

Sorry to jump on the post. My partner is a big fan of yours and has been riding for 6 months now. He has two unicycles but no camera. Could you please advise me what camera you use please. He loves the fact that you can make the selfie stick disappear and turn the road into a globe. I thought it would make a brilliant Christmas present. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

Nicola.

2 hours ago, Snicks1988 said:

Hi,

Sorry to jump on the post. My partner is a big fan of yours and has been riding for 6 months now. He has two unicycles but no camera. Could you please advise me what camera you use please. He loves the fact that you can make the selfie stick disappear and turn the road into a globe. I thought it would make a brilliant Christmas present. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

Nicola.

not the right place, ask this in video or general section:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/9-general-discussion/

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/64-videos/

On 10/26/2020 at 2:59 PM, mrelwood said:

Based on @houseofjob‘s description, this is not at all what happened. He said the EX feels “sluggish”, not “underpowered”. With the huge amount of experience he has, I’m confident that he can easily tell the difference much better than most people can even understand the difference.

Hi, I got the following from a Group Chat in Vancouver, Canada...  Thomas is our local EUC distributor, not sure who the source is talking to him though... 

Can anyone who have tried out the EX demo confirm if you have experienced any of the following issues:

"Thank you Thomas, here's the current issues on the EX we're trying to get Gotway to address before the first shipment:

1) Extreme pedal dips in turns

2) During acceleration & high speed cruising, pedals droop at a forward inclination at 10-20°, apparently it's even worse on hills

3) Even on the softest mode setting, a number of experienced Riders report that it's still too hard on the soft settings, making it feel unresponsive & hard to brake

4) Suspension leaks air, frequently has to refill the chambers

5) Suspension is exposed, will get damaged in time

Have a great day,"

Public link to image from my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11TbvRAOarHz5kFCWod0buPWuV6DiYV-e/view?usp=sharing

Point number 3 may be what @houseofjob experienced as "sluggish"?

Thanks!

Edited by Grooveman64
Fixed Image sharing link, my reputation is too low to insert save image from my drive... Just found an Online Image OCR Converter!
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

That link doesn't seem to work.

Hope it works now...  the text of that message is in a form a jpeg image file on my local drive,  I have no option to Insert an image from my local drive, so I put it on Google Drive, and try to share that...  Hope it can be seen now!

Here is the link again:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11TbvRAOarHz5kFCWod0buPWuV6DiYV-e/view?usp=sharing

26 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

We have two of these coming, so hopefully these things do get corrected. 

I put a deposit on one...  I doubt they could fix "5) Suspension is exposed, will get damaged in time", as that is part of their design...

For such an expensive wheel, cost more than even their latest Monster Pro 24", it has no decent lights or RGB like the RS or the MonsterPro... but I like how these 2 Hong Kong Riders are decorated theirs with just some cheap color tapes on the very blend shell and also on the rim of the wheel, in this video:

Edited by Grooveman64
  • Like 1

It seems like GW/BG could have a winner if they put a few more months into fine tuning the EX. The stuff that they need to address seems minor, but could be huge stumbling points if pushed forward as is. Maybe I will wait for the EX+, lol.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 8:01 PM, houseofjob said:

Yes, most certainly the EX doesn't feel underpowered at all, quite the opposite: it feels too resistant to any force acting on it, like pushing a boulder (exaggeration to make my point to the guys who seem to take things literally on here).

I'm of the mind that the motor is certainly capable, but the firmware tuning is less-than-desirable. TBF, I am partial to the zip acceleration of the C30 motor varieties, and I imagine having such bigger magnets as the C40 that this EX sports comes into play with dialing in ease of acceleration for a motors sporting bigger mags and thus more windings, aka "high torque".

It actually has less (but thicker) windings than a speed motor like the Veteran Sherman. 

I can echo some of @houseofjob complaints with this wheel, definitely has some tuning issues to address, but it is definitely controllable IF you like riding your wheels with powerpads (aka tug pads aka noob pads aka jumper pads) 

The issue i face with this wheel is for the price, it has way too many compromises to deal with, including a flimsy trolley, a paper mache mSuper build quality, and a quite-low top speed. The suspension itself isn’t what i’d call as robust as the S18 but it will take the edge off, just not $3600 off (per EUCO pricing)

I tried this wheel pad less, and i found acceleration to be muted, braking to require high effort, but not impossible.  

I also fear for the bearings on all of these new hollow core motors because they’re failing pretty quick based on anecdotal evidence from V11 and early RS owners.

I was super excited to try this wheel and buy it, but it looks like suspension wheels need a while longer before they become ready for the real enthusiasts to embrace them. Semi-hard pass from me.

• Like 3

I watched @Hsiang‘s video, and it’s a good one. Entertaining and informative.  I can’t help but think that 1200 psi value for the shock is not right though.

Certainly it’s not the amount of pressure that you’re putting in with the hand pump. It’s entirely too high for that. So maybe the GW engineers are talking about a momentary pressure within the shock system while you’re riding it? I’m not sure that it makes sense for that either. Sounds like a bomb waiting to go off.

I’m also not sure what to compare that to. What’s the momentary pressure inside the shock of the S18 or V11? If it really is that high internally in the EX is that why it’s quick to lose pressure?

I’m thinking perhaps comething was lost in translation with GW.

8 hours ago, shellac said:

What’s the momentary pressure inside the shock of the S18 or V11?

That was an interesting enough question for me to try and measure it right away. I only looked at the meter on the pump while it was attached and I was standing on the wheel jumping, not in motion. But for the travel that I estimate to have been equal to me (108kg in gear) riding down a 4” curb, I barely doubled the pressure from 150 to a hair short of 300 psi. I’d expect pressures over 300 psi to be rather rare single events. Certainly never over 400 psi, unless perhaps while riding down from a 1m ledge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bryon01 said:

The piston looks to be the external outer shaft.  Just estimating by looking at the video, appears it could be 10mm in diameter.

10mm Dia shaft has an area of 0.122 sq inches.  Assuming 150lb per side, (250 lb rider, 50lb of sprung EUC weight) that gives a pressure of 1230 PSI just to hold the weight of the wheel and rider.  Given I'm guessing at the piston diameter, this will vary, but the pressure is definitely near 1200PSI.  Not a mistake.  

Yeah the calculation checks out, assuming the air shock is doing all of the load bearing, ie there’s not a spring somewhere and the air shock is just doing some dampening and not full duty. 

I question the wisdom of the shock design. Quick google search shows MTB shocks have a larger bore than that. Also isn’t it better to have a cheap spring somewhere in series with the air shock to take some of the load off of it and lower the internal psi?

I would also now suspect that the complaint #4 that @Grooveman64 cites about having to frequently refill the air in the shock is due to the extreme high pressure. You have to assume air leakage is higher with a pressure like that. 

33 minutes ago, shellac said:

Yeah the calculation checks out, assuming the air shock is doing all of the load bearing, ie there's not a spring somewhere and the air shock is just doing some dampening and not full duty. 

I question the wisdom of the shock design. Quick google search shows MTB shocks have a larger bore than that. Also isn't it better to have a cheap spring somewhere in series with the air shock to take some of the load off of it and lower the internal psi?

I would also now suspect that the complaint # 4 that @ Grooveman64 cites about having to frequently refill the air in the shock is due to the extreme high pressure. You have to assume air leakage is higher with a pressure like that. 

Yes, but springs are big.  I don't think their design had room.  Agree, 1200psi is silly, will leak.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shellac said:

Certainly it’s not the amount of pressure that you’re putting in with the hand pump.

No problem with the type of Hills pump as supplied by Gotway. They go to 4000psi if needed. Do not under estimate the amount of pressure that can be provided by a human in a small bore (hence the required pressure in Gotways system, which I am not keen of btw).

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, shellac said:

You have to assume air leakage is higher with a pressure like that. 

Not at all. Look how long the small bore gas struts holding your boot (trunk) lid stay functional without needing air/replacement. I would still much prefer an mtb setup on a wheel though, like the S18.

• Like 3