7 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Someone referenced the the EX "non-suspension" high speed model in the comments. Evidently this model will have the same frame as the suspension model with a few modifications to disable the suspension component. 

HS/non-suspension model should be around 10lbs lighter compared to the HT/suspension model.

OOOHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait for that! As soon as I heard the specs of the EX and heard the bad reviews I thought of adding some sort of metal plate to lock the suspension out myself. A non suspension model at 10 pounds lighter sounds sooooooo amazing!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Someone referenced the the EX "non-suspension" high speed model in the comments. Evidently this model will have the same frame as the suspension model with a few modifications to disable the suspension component. 

HS/non-suspension model should be around 10lbs lighter compared to the HT/suspension model.

I thought the MonsterPro 24 using the same motor but tuned differently can free spin 106 kph, and 900wh more battery...  so speed wise, it should compete well with the Sherman, maybe even more torque...  if that was Begode's plan, so what's the point of the EX HS sans suspension?

Unless Begode just want to cover their butt due to the lack of interest of the EX due to the high price, and offer an option to still sell the wheel without suspension at the same price point as a Sherman, and make it go as fast as the Sherman, but offer more torque?  That could be interesting...

Edited by Grooveman64

6 hours ago, Grooveman64 said:

I thought the MonsterPro 24 using the same motor but tuned differently can free spin 106 kph, and 900wh more battery...  so speed wise, it should compete well with the Sherman, maybe even more torque...  if that was Begode's plan, so what's the point of the EX HS sans suspension?

It could be a good option for people who want that motor, but not such a large wheel. My Monster V3 is my favorite, but it's not what you'd call nimble. It's hard to tilt the body enough to make a tight U-turn for example.

• Like 1

M24pro motor is exactly the same and do the same rpm (same kv), the increased speed is related to the bigger diameter. Someone in this thread already do the math ;) 

[ GW already confirmed to me that they are working on a better trolley and they have improved the firmware on the latest wheels ]

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, EMA said:

M24pro motor is exactly the same and do the same rpm (same kv), the increased speed is related to the bigger diameter. Someone in this thread already do the math ;) 

[ GW already confirmed to me that they are working on a better trolley and they have improved the firmware on the latest wheels ]

Since M24Pro has a larger wheel diameter and that's why it has a higher no load speed, so does that means a higher speed version is not possible for the sub 20 inch wheel of the EX?  not unless Begode can make the RPM higher for this unconfirmed "rumored" HS EX with no suspension?

14 hours ago, EMA said:

I got the same confirmation on the trolley handle revision, but I was informed that the firmware update(s) will not improve the pedal dipping issue. 

Should there be concern in the bearings in this one?  Or as the hollow bore is larger there is more surface area supporting the weight.  Maybe the cost was due to better bearings as well.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, Grooveman64 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHvhk76sima/

A version of the EX without suspension... Got a couple photos!  Not just a rumor anymore?

The so called EX.N is probably just another EUCService Mod... based off of the EX shell, but a 200 watt more powerful version of the RS hollow motor instead of the 3500 watt motor...

https://eucservice.com/en/ex/102-gotway-rs-2000w-1800wh-100v-lg-inr21700m50t-94kmh-bez-obciazenia-110km-zasiegu.html

2 hours ago, Grooveman64 said:

The so called EX.N is probably just another EUCService Mod... based off of the EX shell, but a 200 watt more powerful version of the RS hollow motor instead of the 3500 watt motor...

https://eucservice.com/en/ex/102-gotway-rs-2000w-1800wh-100v-lg-inr21700m50t-94kmh-bez-obciazenia-110km-zasiegu.html

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Kingsong Russia said:

Thx for sharing. Begode make "propably" big mistake move all models to "modern" big bearings.

Now they no have mainterance "free" EUC like old model in offer. Very sad news for me.

Inmotion face same bearings problems  too. Is just too young fresh technology in EUC and i hope begode/inmotion/other engeeners find good permanent solution.

Because now only sherman and kingsong EUC is "classic" bearings troublefree(relatively).

Yes i understand if big bearing euc is riding only on dry enviroment nice clean asphalt maybee work thousands miles/km but i ride in reality middle of europe and my conditions is mile away from ideal.

I ride in traffic and yes im heavy (still in EUC official weight range) all components is under stress logicaly more.

I am fan EUC technology and progresion is development problem is when alpha state versions is shiped to riders(this is my point of view).

I speak about this like gotway customer who expect same level of durability and quality like MSP 2500w in other new released product not downgrade in any way. (i know i am idealist)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

...Begode make "propably" big mistake move all models to "modern" big bearings.

There is a simple ready made solution for this & honestly, its been around for a long time. It's called sealed bearings. However it might take a huge shakeup in the EUC (cottage) industry to be adopted. 

And yes, you're correct that its not just GW/BG's issue as other mfgr's are just as guilty. 

• Like 1

The hollow motor bearings are absolutely monster. There is no good reason why they should be any less effective than the old style small bearings. I can only assume that the old style are simply more shielded from the elements, being buried deep within the centre of the hub. From what I have seen on the hollow motor bearings, they are a homing beacon to water, catching everything that drips off the inner shell. Even so, a properly shielded bearing should do better, after all MTB's have been managing it for years.

• Like 1

@AtlasPYou are too optimistic i think.

Time show if inmotion "fixed" V11 i am simply person i need see some V11s what have 2000Km/mil - 4000 Km/mil without bearings problems and compilactions caused by hollow bore motor to belive is fixed or in OK state. 

My contact in inmotion official service in our country not see this that optimistic like you.

Maybee matters how and where is V11 (or others hollow bore motors) used.

9 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Ecodrift article which has nothing to do with the hollow bore motor+bearings.) /  i dont know what translator you use (is hard translate rusian to english corectly many words not translate with good/exact context) autor say this : Expensive beraings not fix this design hollow bore motor problems.      

Monokoleso-Begode-RS-rzhavyj-podshipnik-

Monokoleso-Begode-RS-rzhavyj-podshipnik-

• Like 1