On 5/13/2021 at 9:54 AM, EMA said:

if someone need it :

With the standard Kenda tyre, I experience alot of wobble, since I cannot straighten the tyre to perfection.

So at 35 km/h it starts being hard to ride.

I've seen you have changed several types of tires, after experiencing the same problem.

What would your choice be for mostly road use?

15 hours ago, Minimoke said:

With the standard Kenda tyre, I experience alot of wobble, since I cannot straighten the tyre to perfection.

So at 35 km/h it starts being hard to ride.

I've seen you have changed several types of tires, after experiencing the same problem.

What would your choice be for mostly road use?

i had the same issue on my EX, the kenda tire (2.1kg )is really good on streets but seems too big for this rim, same tire on EXN works perfect (RS/msp rim).

i'm using the CST 1488 (RS stock tire 1.3kg ), i'm happy with it, it's super soft, light, nimble and fit perfect.

CST c6004 (the one similar to the k340) is probably the best, i've mounted on a friend EX and works really nice, it's a round motorcycle tire, easy to tilt, heavier (2.6kg) with deep threads.
CST C113 is good too (1.9kg) , better grip off road but has a pronounced gyro effect when going straight.

[ it's not the best for streets but if you like the knobby (cst 186 or kenda k262 ) you can put it, works fine.

you can also fit a lot of 80/90-14 motorcycle tire, for streets i think they are the best, the only downside is they are stiffer but on a EX this is not a problem ;)
tried the Heidenau K66 80/90-14 on EXN really nice (2.3kg)

Edited by EMA
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Peterson said:

Anyone knows the lowest voltage on the Ex before it starts tilting back?

I haven't experienced the tilt back yet even at 81.4V (EUC World reports this as 1%, btw).

with latest firmware should be 78v ( all wheels not only EX )

Edited by EMA

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I just got a used EX. It seems to be leaking a liquid (oil) out of the bottom of the suspension. Is this normal?

Also there is a clicking sound coming from the center of the wheel but it is intermittent. 

It should not be leaking oil. Might need to replace the Schrader valve(s) or perhaps just tighten them down. Clicking sound is a bit harder to diagnose. Could be anything from damaged bearing, loose bearing, or just normal gotway plastic creaking. 

18 minutes ago, Whalesmash said:

It should not be leaking oil. Might need to replace the Schrader valve(s) or perhaps just tighten them down. Clicking sound is a bit harder to diagnose. Could be anything from damaged bearing, loose bearing, or just normal gotway plastic creaking. 

Oh ok.  I thought the suspension only had air in it.  Where would the oil be coming from?  

Are the Schrader valves where the air go in?  

7 hours ago, wstuart said:

Oh ok.  I thought the suspension only had air in it.  Where would the oil be coming from?  

Are the Schrader valves where the air go in?  

suspension is air, same schrader valve as inner tube, be carefull when deflate it.

the clicking noise coming from the inside should be caused by the "rebound system" in the middle, maybe the screw it's a bit loose, we faced it here.

5 hours ago, EMA said:

suspension is air, same schrader valve as inner tube, be carefull when deflate it.

the clicking noise coming from the inside should be caused by the "rebound system" in the middle, maybe the screw it's a bit loose, we faced it here.

Oh ok, maybe that's what the clicking is.  I'm taking it to an euc mechanic today.

I wonder where the oil is coming from.  It has a very thin consistency - reminds me of the silicone shock oil we use in rc car shocks.  

1 hour ago, wstuart said:

I wonder where the oil is coming from.  It has a very thin consistency - reminds me of the silicone shock oil we use in rc car shocks.  

it's used to lube the external part of the shocks, weird btw

So I took it to a local repair guy who had worked on it before. He thought the oil might be coming from the damper in the middle.  It's large and full of oil.  Apparently mine is leaking. 

• 2 weeks later...

@wstuart  Were you able to get it fixed yet?  Just wondering if and where you were able to locate parts.

Edited by c5flybyu
Tag