On 8/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Nifrigel said:

Finally the one wheel to rule them all! I already feel so sorry for whoever don't have enough spare money. Because if you are missing this, you are missing the history itself. I mean, just look at Veteran Sherman. I've never seen a more welcomed wheel on this forum. Nobody gives a shit about weight in 2020, it's all about battery and speed. And suspension. If there is one reason why KingSong and Inmotion were still being paid attention to after the Sherman, it's suspension. But now we have EX which is like Sherman with suspension. My deepest condolence for the new S18 and V11 owners, you impatience made better of you. Even if EX turns out to be utter disappointment in every possible way (I don't expect so), it's still landslide beyond any competition just based on specs. There is simple no way for the suspension wheel with these specs not to be the wheel to go if you can afford it.

Yea, but will the EX have a durable shell like the Veteran? That's the only thing i think we don't have confirmation on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

65kmh is what I bring my MSX up to usually, I was hoping to be able to go a bit faster for a bit longer 😅 we'll see, I may just end up getting a monster pro depending on how reviews turn out.

tried 2 blocks at 64-66kph average speed. Just got lucky traffic light was green😄. Yeah, hopefully M24P will give us that 70kph cruising speed without beep.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 5:17 PM, redfoxdude said:

Also the red around the headlight is... cool I guess? Might be kinda ambiguous on the road. I would have preferred a better headlight over the red styling.

It is a very strange choice. Makes it (even more) illegal on the road in many jurisdictions. Can the red be turned off?

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 7:09 PM, Chris Chaput said:

What I don't understand is this idea of a "one wheel fits all" mentality. I have a mountain bike and road bike. I've tried "hybrids" and found them to be dangerous combination of the two. With motorcycles look at what you'd want for Moto GP versus motocross. The fact that both bikes have suspension doesn't mean they're the same thing, nor should they be. In my skateboard quiver I have three different boards just for slalom. A huge mistake is trying to have a freeride board that can also be used for downhill racing.

Life isn't fair. It's expensive. And when it comes to performance, rarely is the solution to try and make "one thing" work in every situation. Know thyself. Figure out what's most important to you and choose a wheel accordingly, recognizing that if the answer is "I want to do it all", no single wheel is going to dominate in every category. It's called a compromise. And where that may sound like a dirty word to some, there's no avoiding it. If you're getting one and only one wheel, choose wisely and be happy. But please don't try and defend your purchase by pretending that it's all things to all people all of the time. Reality will humble you.

I prefer a "quiver" mentality where depending on the environment or group I'm riding with, I grab the wheel that makes the most sense. It costs more money and it takes up more space but at least I won't be bringing a knife to gunfight or a sledgehammer to kill an ant.

Totally agree, If someones want only one wheel they can buy V11 and be done. 

But if you want an offroad wheel that can ride anything then you buy S18. If you want highspeed you buy a Sherman. If you really want to travel long distances you buy a monster pro. 

Nice thing is that Sherman can also be your longdistance wheel. S18 is also freestyle/trickster wheel. 

But EX will be a road wheel definetly and i dont think people will like it. That 5cm of suspension travel is gonna do nothing.

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, Chris Chaput said:

Life isn't fair. It's expensive. And when it comes to performance, rarely is the solution to try and make "one thing" work in every situation.

I had the same challenge explaining to people that one camera could not "do it all" when they came to me for buying advice. They'd want a camera that was small and cheap, but was good in low light, good at video, had a big zoom range, amazing image quality, could shoot wildlife, etc. etc. 

It's like asking for car that handles like a Ferrari, can tow a trailer, gets good gas mileage, and takes seven people in the back. People understand that's impossible, but that same thinking...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, eve said:

Totally agree, If someones want only one wheel they can buy V11 and be done. 

But if you want an offroad wheel that can ride anything then you buy S18. If you want highspeed you buy a Sherman. If you really want to travel long distances you buy a monster pro. 

Nice thing is that Sherman can also be your longdistance wheel. S18 is also freestyle/trickster wheel. 

But EX will be a road wheel definetly and i dont think people will like it. That 5cm of suspension travel is gonna do nothing.

Sherman and Monster Pro fit in the same category speed/range wise. one has a 24 inch wheel the other 20, one will cost $600 more at retail than the other. 

With that said, anecdotal evidence is telling me that the EX is significantly delayed, maybe into 2021. It’s a shame because it was the one wheel from Gotway that was remotely appealing to me. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 12:55 AM, Ben Kim said:

Sherman and Monster Pro fit in the same category speed/range wise. one has a 24 inch wheel the other 20, one will cost $600 more at retail than the other. 

With that said, anecdotal evidence is telling me that the EX is significantly delayed, maybe into 2021. It’s a shame because it was the one wheel from Gotway that was remotely appealing to me. 

Actually MonPro, EX an Veteran are aproximately the same price. 2800, 2900, 2850. Interestingly. In EU they are the same price as in dollars. Usualyl EU wheels are like 300-500€ more.

3 hours ago, eve said:

Actually MonPro, EX an Veteran are aproximately the same price. 2800, 2900, 2850. Interestingly. In EU they are the same price as in dollars. Usualyl EU wheels are like 300-500€ more.

Where do you get your info? I heard 3200/3300/2850 here in the US. 

@Ben Kim https://myewheel.com/gotway-ex/ https://myewheel.com/veteran-sherman-3200wh/ https://myewheel.com/gotway-monster-pro/

The US prices i checked on Chickway since most of the time similar to eWheels prices. Sherman is 100 bucks cheaper on their site though or the extreme case of S18 which goes for 1699USD there as preorder.

@gon2fast Where?!

Edited by eve

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 8:24 PM, gon2fast said:

I paid 3400 USD for my EX pre-order which is a discounted "early buyer" price. I would love to get some money back on a price revision, but that is not going to happen, LOL.

So, when is the EX supposed to be released and orders fulfilled?

I must say that $3400 seems to be a bit pricey.

Who did you pre-order your EX through?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FLHANDSTER said:

So, when is the EX supposed to be released and orders fulfilled?

I must say that $3400 seems to be a bit pricey.

Who did you pre-order your EX through?

* Both Gotway and eWheels have stated that they expect to ship production units sometime in October. This is from a communication that I received from Gotway last night -

"ex can be ready before october." 

Another quote concerning delivery window - 

"Last I heard was that Gotway is going to be sending us a demo unit for our youtubers in 2-3 weeks, and we're expecting deliveries in October, but we'll know more later

this month."

* $3400 is expensive. Maybe Gotway will offer smaller battery variations or a 0whr version for less.

* My pre-order was through Jason from eWheels. I had to request the invoice for the deposit ($1000) and the remaining balance since the model is not on the website yet. 

• Like 1

So it looks like the 3500w hollow core motor is Gotway's "new motor" for the all new models. (AFAIK, the 100V MSX, Monster V2/V3, and maybe even the Nikola+ were all the same motor, and similar control boards.) Watching the video, it looks like the wheel / motor assembly goes up and down instead of the pedals, which seems better than having just the pedals move.

2" of suspension travel doesn't seem like enough, but maybe that's an improvement over 0" of travel (what we have now).  In the videos, it looks like the pressure was set so that the rider was always at or near the top of the suspension travel.

Edited by erk1024

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

2” of suspension travel, GW’s first suspension, GW high speeds, and zero schedule for fixes based on demo unit feedback. The potential for a catastrophe is quite high.

Totally agree. The thing is, I'm a little hesitant about the V11 motor hauling my gravity challenged 120kg self. Rather have a 100V Gotway motor, and the new 3500w hollow core motor could be a beast. Won't know till we get to try it out I guess. Limited options for suspension wheels right now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The V11 seems to haul my 105kg better than the 84V MSX, but an MSP it is not.

That's good to know. It would probably work OK for me then. Suspension would be a huge win. Trails around here are so bumpy.

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, erk1024 said:

That's good to know. It would probably work OK for me then. Suspension would be a huge win. Trails around here are so bumpy.

To be honest EX will most likely have more torque then the current MSP. :shock2: 

Also. It uses the same tyre as Sherman street tyre on the prototype. So we can most likely put the knobby on that! :efef77eaf5:

Edited by eve
  • Like 2