Nice photos, but I have some thoughts: Everybody now is going to compare any new wheel with Sherman imo. Personally I think I'm gonna buy Sherman next year over any announced GW wheel now. It still has better specs, way better shell with railings, the screen... The weight is the only downside, but Ii wouldn't sacrifice specs to get better weight.

• Like 3

I think the shell of the EX looks quite nice, even though it’s still just a morphed boring old MSuper shell. :P

I like the red accents on the frontlight

The display on top is nice and that the buttons are covered.

The taillight looks also quite nice and i like that the shell has more round edges, better for sliding when it falls down in a crash. :wacko:

Don‘t like the flimsy looking trolley handle.

Really don’t like the two suspension bars sticking out down there. 

And why the hell do i still see the old damn MSuper pedals, i mean HELLO Gotway 👋 knock knock, is it so hard to create some new nice pedals???

An the last thing i really don’t like is the side profile, looks like a too small box on a big tire.

Thats my 50cents on it.

:)

• Like 3

I think my next wheel just has to have suspension, so I'm considering the Gotway EX or the V11. I went for a spirited ride on the Nikola+ last night and it accelerates well, has torque up the hills, and I can go 50kph no problem on it. But damn those bumps! Roots snaking under the asphalt, ramps from path to street, and just random holes and flaws in the pavement. It's great to be blasting along, but as soon as the bumps start, the fun ends. I was considering the Sherman and the Monster Pro, but they only partially solve bumps problem. The suspension doesn't have to fully account for the size of the bump, just dampen the intensity of the impact somewhat.

I'm going to wait until some of our trusted reviewers try out the EX and then make a decision. It's too bad the EX and the Monster are delayed because of motor supply issues.

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, shellac said:

Do we know if this is going to be an air suspension or something else like a coil? It would be nice to have something you don’t have to constantly pump up with air. 

Coil shocks aren't very adjustable. I don't know for sure but I would imagine that you wouldn't be able to make a coil suspension that works well with both light riders (~120lbs) and heavy riders (~240lbs).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

Coil shocks aren't very adjustable. I don't know for sure but I would imagine that you wouldn't be able to make a coil suspension that works well with both light riders (~120lbs) and heavy riders (~240lbs).

I'm no expert on the subject but my understanding is that you can adjust coil mountain bike shocks by adjusting the preload. Guess you would add preload for a lighter rider.

That being said, looking at the pictures its probably pneumatic like the V11, with a valve on the bottom would be my guess.

Edited by shellac

Not cool! I understand the price in relation to the prices of the other wheels with smaller batteries, but it's just too much. For such a big battery, it should never be over 1€/1$ per Wh. Aka 2700 or less.

I wonder if people will still buy it (and the Monster Pro) at these prices or there will be a notable dip in sales of these wheels.

• Like 3

Its funna but both Gotway and Veteran have pretty good prices in EU. EX is for 2900€. Monster Pro for 2800€. Sherman can be bought inbetween 2700-3000€. 

Unlike Inmotion which was 2200€ at preorder and 2000USD at eWheels and S18 which was the same price but 1900USD. 

2800€ is 3400UD. But we usually wont even get the same price as US. 

Edited by eve
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 6:35 PM, erk1024 said:

I think my next wheel just has to have suspension, so I'm considering the Gotway EX or the V11. I went for a spirited ride on the Nikola+ last night and it accelerates well, has torque up the hills, and I can go 50kph no problem on it. But damn those bumps! Roots snaking under the asphalt, ramps from path to street, and just random holes and flaws in the pavement. It's great to be blasting along, but as soon as the bumps start, the fun ends. I was considering the Sherman and the Monster Pro, but they only partially solve bumps problem. The suspension doesn't have to fully account for the size of the bump, just dampen the intensity of the impact somewhat.

I'm going to wait until some of our trusted reviewers try out the EX and then make a decision. It's too bad the EX and the Monster are delayed because of motor supply issues.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you test ride these wheels before biasing yourself too much. It sounds to me like you may have pretty high expectations, and I'd hate for you to be disappointed. MAYBE the wheels will live up to ALL your hopes and desires. But then again, its a hell of a gamble for a lot of $$, with high risk. Toss in some high expectations and perhaps you'd be better odds with buying $3500 in lottery tickets. If you have ridden these and they ARE the solution to your concerns, buy now and enjoy. Also, tell us how it went/goes...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

why Begode (former Gotway) decide to put such flimsy trolley handle on this heavy weight machine ?
this is beyond my understanding....I must admit. :mellow::huh:

....if the wheel with be mishandled and tipped over one side that handle will bend easily.

I thought her review was fairly enlightening. I'd never be in the market for such a wheel, I occasionally have to go up stairs and I just value my spine too much, but it is interesting to hear people's first impressions. I did note that the pump didn't have a pressure gauge on it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I thought her review was fairly enlightening. I'd never be in the market for such a wheel, I occasionally have to go up stairs and I just value my spine too much, but it is interesting to hear people's first impressions. I did note that the pump didn't have a pressure gauge on it.

I think it does have a pressure gauge at the bottom.. At least i think i saw it while the camera quickly pans by.. If it doesnt, that would be terrible lol

I think i have learned one lesson from all of these new wheels that were introduced this year.. Unless you love test piloting.. just be patient.

If you have the extra dough and dont mind spending it on unknown things.. Then sure why not.. 

Hopefully soon enough we will be able to test these new wheels out before buying.. From the looks of NYC at least.. I see more and more people riding wheels around every day. (not sure if that is good or bad)

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 1