"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

13 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

I saw on hsiang video that under the graphic sticker, it looks like physical push button (with 2 - 3mm travel) that are countersunk into the shell and are mounted on the circuit board beneath, can you confirm? 

If that is the case, the "bubble" on the graphical sticker, is simple there to help you push the button underneath, it's not essential to operating the buttons. 

Precisely this.  The sticker is mostly decorative for the buttons, and mostly there to protect the LCD display from dust and moisture.  I still find it funny some people in this thread thought that thing would be glass. C'mon, this is China we're talking about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

High quality photos of the Sherman and its disassembly, by the ever fantastic @EcoDrift guys!!

All pictures by @EcoDrift. LOTS more in the links!

[ Here is the link to their fantastic tech blog with all their articles, by the way. Whenever a new wheel is avaliable, a few days later these guys deliver! Original link: https://ecodrift.ru/category/blog/ Translated link: click ]

That video review doesn’t sound entirely positive but of course I can’t tell what they’re saying. Can anyone translate or give us the gist?

3 hours ago, onizukagto said:

I saw on hsiang video that under the graphic sticker, it looks like physical push button (with 2 - 3mm travel) that are countersunk into the shell and are mounted on the circuit board beneath, can you confirm? 

If that is the case, the "bubble" on the graphical sticker, is simple there to help you push the button underneath, it's not essential to operating the buttons. 

Of course, not "essentially". I'm just saying that laying a plain sticker over the panel is going to be sub-optimal. Check out the Ecodrift tear down videos/pictures. They can probably answer detailed questions like yours. I'm not going to be tearing into this wheel myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Marty always looks happy. He's retired (from an absurdly high paying profession) and has a collection of wheels. You couldnt tear the smile off my face if that was the case...  I'd bet he's even smiling as he reads me picking on him....B)

You're so right! I went back and re-watched his wobble accident video, and you know what? As he's going down, I'm sure he's grinning from ear to ear.!

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jon Stern said:

You're so right! I went back a re-watched his wobble accident video, and you know what? As he's going down, I'm sure he's grinning from ear to ear.!

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Marty always looks happy. He's retired (from an absurdly high paying profession) and has a collection of wheels. You couldnt tear the smile off my face if that was the case...  I'd bet he's even smiling as he reads me picking on him....B)

You guys are hilarious :D 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If they copied Gotway's process, you have to remove the Bluetooth module and plug the updater into that port. That's where I'd put my money.

That's what has been now confirmed. We need one of these bad boys:

Screenshot_20200706-081306.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, onizukagto said:

Bold words @Marty Backe bold words.  HahaScreenshot_20200706-160329_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d47f53af87072df92a12231fbc3ebde7.jpg

You should know that I have my own Veteran thread in this group with all of this information. Thanks for following me :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I don’t even think it’s “brand new” one of the charge ports is installed upside down, and the interior shell shot shows a wheel that is clearly not new.

Maybe it's the same wheel Kuji got for testing. I noticed the upside down charge port in his video too, and he was riding in rain, which could explain the rust.

Edited by Tazarinho
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Kuji just posted a photo of his New street tire fitted to the Sherman! Looks like a nice beefy tread pattern,  still trying to find out what the brand/size etc. is from him.

Edit: Kuji has since confirmed it is a 14x2.75" Kenda K340 he purchased in China

Shouldn't that be a 20x2.75" Kenda K340?

...Or maybe 18x2.75" Kenda K340 as I can't find a 20" K340 tyre?

https://www.ityre.com/en/tyres/catalog/kenda/model/22071/

Edited by Nic

11 minutes ago, Nic said:

Shouldn't that be a 20x2.75" Kenda K340?

...Or maybe 18x2.75" Kenda K340 as I can't find a 20" K340 tyre?

https://www.ityre.com/en/tyres/catalog/kenda/model/22071/

2.75 X 14 is pretty much the same as 18 X 3.0, I believe it's how they number motorcycle tires.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nic said:

Nope...

TYRE SIDEWALL MARKINGS AND NUMBERS

Motorcycle tyre wall number and markings explained

Motorcycle tyre wall markings explained

Let’s take a look at the tyre sidewall markings that are important.

1. TYRE WIDTH

This number denotes the width of the tyre in millimeters from sidewall to sidewall. In this example, it’s 180 mm. The exact width may vary slightly due to manufacturing and tuning characteristics at +/- of 4%.

2. PROFILE HEIGHT

This number is the tyre height and is calculated as a percentage of the tyre width. So in this example, the tyre profile height is 55% of the tyre width (180 mm), making it 99 mm.

3. SPEED RATING AND CONSTRUCTION

The speed rating of the tyre is represented by the letter ‘Z’ and is rated above 240 kph / 149 mph. Other speed ratings can be found in the table below. The “R” denotes that the tyre is of radial type construction. The other type of tyre construction is ‘cross-ply’ and if the tyre and if this was the case, the ‘R’ would be replaced with a hyphen.

4. RIM SIZE

The number ’17’ relates to the rim size, so in this instance, it’s 17 inches.

5. TYRE USE

The ‘M/C’ simply means that the tyres intended use is on motorcycles.

6. LOAD AND SPEED INDEXES

In this example, the number ’73’ informs us that the tyre has a maximum rating of 365 kg at maximum pressure. The the ‘W’ informs us that the tyre has a speed of 168 mph (270 kmh). The top speed is always related to the ‘slowest’ tyre on your motorcycle and if exceeded, risks tyre failure. Always replace a tyre with the same speed ratings so that you do not reduce the capability of your machine. See the chart tables below for all applicable load and speed ratings.

7. DIRECTION OF ROTATION

The arrow denotes the direction of rotation. If the tyre is placed the wrong way round, your motorcycle will fail the MoT.

8. TYRE AGE

Since the year 2000, the production date of any tyre can be found on a sidewall. We see the ‘DOT’ (Department of Transport) code and located at the end are four digits ‘0917’. The first two digits represent the week the tyre was manufactured and the last two digits represent the year. So in this example, the tyre was made in the 9th week of the year 2017.

SPEED INDEX

The speed index is a rating system denoted by letters located on a tyre sidewall. The speed rating of each tyre is the maximum speed in which a tyre can sustain under load, indicated by its load index and under specific conditions detailed by the manufacturer.

If possible fit tyres to your motorcycle with identical speed ratings. Using a tyre with a lower speed rating can run the risk of invalidating your insurance policy.

motorcycle-tyre-markings.jpg

What a fantastic post 👍

does anyone know what the voltage per cell is if the battery is at 0%

kingsong is 3.0v@0%  4.2v@100%

gotway is 3.3v@0%  4.11v@100%

Veteran ??

1 minute ago, Doug Hnut said:

kingsong is 3.0v@0%

Just KS18XL, others are 3.15V@0%? Or vice versa - or depending on firmwares. So both values are/were used by KS.

2 minutes ago, Doug Hnut said:

kingsong is ... 4.2v@100%

Here also some 4.1xV for 100%.

3 minutes ago, Doug Hnut said:

Veteran ??

Seems to be somewhere downto 3.0V, too:

• Like 1