"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

Looks great! Finally a body that can take some rough riding and tumbling. Awesome battery and very likely good motor. Tire looks like 18x3”. I like the screen and handle. Unfortunately it just became more expensive to enter the market as now the hot feature is suspension. Let’s see if it really is that important and if Veteran can also follow the trend. 

Bring it to the job site.... fits right in. Just don't bang your ankle on it... but hell, when would that ever happen? Diggin' the idea of a battery that can outlast the younger me for 2 days...Built in data screen but protected and replaceable?! Can you just imagine how heavy it would have to be?! I'm not knocking it... definitely one to be on the radar. Specialized EUC's aren't a bad thing. Lets just hope theres some serious testing and thought in the layout and some great quailty control, WITH some redundancy.  Pushing the limts hopefully means pushing the price up, so specs AND safety can go hand in hand for the future. Burn in Testing, perhaps some REAL factory data for each individual wheel as we are getting even closer now to an euc needing treated more like an automobile. Its not too uncommon for quality gear to come with a tech/test passed sheet.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

I like the vision - let's just make a practical wheel, nobody cares how it looks! :)

I'm usually not excited for renders, but here it's obvious whoever designed it knows how to design a unicycle. I hope they succeed!!! ;)

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

No suspension...and it may means that it will be more difficult for gotway to launch their rumoured mini monster and city wheel.

So to me, it's not such a good news in the short term. Might be in the long term, as competition and different wheels is good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

That and treating the whole world as your crumple zone ;)

If by "the whole world" you mean "specifically every part of your body below the waist", then yes:efefc8626c: This thing is almost as painful to look at as the Inmotion offroad prototype.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks like Gotway needs to stop employees walking out with their tech though:whistling: I bet the GW boss is extremely happy about this... again.

I don't know much about how to design a EUC, but from the teardowns I've seen, they're not exactly high tech.  I get the impression that the biggest challenge in building a good EUC is the firmware.  Electric motors are nothing new, the control boards are less populated than a $100 headphone amplifier, everything else is plastic and wires.  Am I missing something that would indicate IP theft?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

I get the impression that the biggest challenge in building a good EUC is the firmware.

AmI missing something that would indicate IP theft?

Yep it's the firmware. Gotway is notoriously protective of their firmware. So one has to wonder how much firmware knowledge an employee can walk away with.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Meserias said:

it real or just nice 3D work... ?

It looks like 3D work to me but the design has promise in my eyes.

It definitely needs far better ergonomics in the shell. Personally I think 3200wh is too much - how often would you use it and the rest of the time you'd be carting that weight around. I suspect a metal casing would cost too much and weigh too much. It would be nice if they used Allen Key style bolts and better if the bolts connected to tabs on the inside of the metal frame. That way you wouldn't need the casing to go round the metal frame as that must be a weak point in a crash. Having the casing inside the metal frame must be better. An optional mudguard could be added that clipped to the rear frame. The lights should be recessed more to protect them and the connecting wire better hidden. Maybe you could have optional extra lights to allow you to ride at night in the forest (or perhaps just to look more mean). The handle should be more comfortable to hold as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It looks like 3D work to me but the design has promise in my eyes.

It definitely needs far better ergonomics in the shell. Personally I think 3200wh is too much - how often would you use it and the rest of the time you'd be carting that weight around. I suspect a metal casing would cost too much and weigh too much. It would be nice if they used Allen Key style bolts and better if the bolts connected to tabs on the inside of the metal frame. That way you wouldn't need the casing to go round the metal frame as that must be a weak point in a crash. Having the casing inside the metal frame must be better. An optional mudguard could be added that clipped to the rear frame. The lights should be recessed more to protect them and the connecting wire better hidden. Maybe you could have optional extra lights to allow you to ride at night in the forest (or perhaps just to look more mean). The handle should be more comfortable to hold as well.

I regularly get home from riding my 2200wh, while having to ride through low battery tiltback

• Like 1