"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

17 hours ago, onizukagto said:

It's here!!!!! 

It's the speed king! Absolutely mental? Average crushing speed is. 40 to 43mph until 30% battery or less. 

Absolutely got water blasted in a proper Asian typhoon downpour and shrugged it off. Kujiroll didn't even bother waiting for it to dry, just plugged it in and got back on it again. What a beast 

That must be the best publicity they'll ever get.

Damn, even I want one now, knowing that it's range is completely useless for me, I would never ride that fast and hauling it around would become a major pain in the ... (try loading that thing in your car ....)

• Like 3

Speedy feet "only" got 65miles on his range test though... With an average speed of 25mph at 200 pounds. Was hoping for a higher speed if he got 65 miles. Although he said he did go up a good deal of hills. 

Have there been any other range tests? 

Edited by MrRobot

Just now, MrRobot said:

Speedy feet "only" got 65miles on his range test though... With an average speed of 25mph. Was hoping for a higher speed if he got 65 miles. Although he said he did go up a good deal of hills. 

Ian did say if he went at 18mph, didn't have 5kg of gear on (non - essential safety gear) he reckon he could push it to 100 miles. He also think if he rode it in warmer temp, he could go higher. 

7 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Ian did say if he went at 18mph, didn't have 5kg of gear on (non - essential safety gear) he reckon he could push it to 100 miles. He also think if he rode it in warmer temp, he could go higher. 

Yeah I was just hoping to get 65 miles at 35mph average. It's totally flat here though so it might be possible... 

What temperature was he riding in? 

Edited by MrRobot

11 minutes ago, MrRobot said:

Yeah I was just hoping to get 65 miles at 35mph average. It's totally flat here though so it might be possible... 

What temperature was he riding in? 

It's summer in the UK and he's down south in Gloucester, so I reckon it was about 13~17°C, it'll dip to 10°C if it rains. 

Ian said if you riding in temperatures as above 21°C, which is optimal for the batteries, you'll get a lot more range. 

Edited by onizukagto
Spelling

22 minutes ago, MrRobot said:

Speedy feet "only" got 65miles on his range test though... With an average speed of 25mph at 200 pounds. Was hoping for a higher speed if he got 65 miles. Although he said he did go up a good deal of hills. 

his range tests are notoriously horrid... as in, worst case scenarios... for every range test i have seen on his channel i have easily doubled it... the climate he is in is usually quite cold, his terrain is hilly and he has a good weight... i guarantee i could easily get 150 very usable km out of that wheel because even on a cold windy night i could get 105 hassle free km out of the nikola 2100 and ~120 from the monster 2400... thats not going slow

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 3

Just now, onizukagto said:

It's summer in the UK and he's down south in Gloucester, so I reckon it was about 13~17°C, it'll dip to 10°C if it rains. 

Ian said if you riding in temperatures as above 21°C, Eric is optimal for the batteries you get a lot more range. 

yup temperature makes a tremendous difference in range... you could compare martys range tests to ians and see that martys are always much better

• Like 3

On 7/2/2020 at 4:23 AM, mrelwood said:

Sure there are. 100V MSX, MSPS, Veteran, 100V Nikola, maybe even some other GotWays.

An EUC can tumble a few feet when dropped from stationary. Maybe you should watch a few EUC crash videos to get a more realistic view. A good example is the one where Kuji tries to jump up three stairs with the MSP.

Also, you keep talking about how transportation works in NYC. Cool, but we are talking for example about how kids behave all over the world.

To think that jackass riders caught on video wouldn’t be used against a small new group of hobbyists when determining restrictions really is quite naive. Ever thought that maybe just as much as we may not know how horrible everything is in NYC, you may not know how laws and restrictions are made in EU?

If the EU used NYC examples of cyclists, drivers and PEV riders, they’d all be riding horses or walking. 

I’ve also dated numerous European natives so i’m very well aware of how nanny state many of those countries are. even if we all rode like good little lemmings, they’ll find a way to restrict use. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just talked to @Kuji Rolls. He said he experienced the pedal dip in all modes, but he primarily rides in hard mode.

He did calibrate the wheel.

Ok, that’s good to know, but I also smell a little BS here as he’s proclaimed to never ride soft mode when asked 🧐J9oNHxo.jpg

Edited by houseofjob

Stupid question: Is 'Veteran' or 'LeaperKim' the correct company name? I see the LeaperKim branding on the control panel and on the pedals. Shouldn't this wheel be the 'LeaperKim Sherman'? Where did Veteran come from? 

Apologies for the simple dumb question, really just curious. Thanks!

Edited by Shield

Great! another review!  After watching kuji & ians review. Was concerned seeing hsiang riding without gear. 

This EUC can seriously ground break you, if you don't respect it. 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 2

anybody else notice that the lcd panel looks all warped and like it's not even stuck down.. as if it's sticker is peeling right off? that and the fact that it says leaper Kim on it would make me want to replace it immediately lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

anybody else notice that the lcd panel looks all warped and like it's not even stuck down.. as if it's sticker is peeling right off? that and the fact that it says leaper Kim on it would make me want to replace it immediately lol

The peeling / warping is just the graphic sticker on top of the lcd panel. 

Leaperki-... I mean veteran said that on production version, the screen graphics and around the panel will be waterproofed with a "gel". That's what I heard on Hsiang video. 

But even if they don't, you can just remove the sticker and add your own personalised stuff and enhance the waterproofing to the buttons and around the top panel seams, seems pretty straight forward. 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Except for tiltback, does this thing have speed alerts?

If you watch Ian or hsiang video, the veteran has several preset speed alerts that fires a powerful on board speaker pointing straight up, that is very hard to ignore. 

I can't remember all the pre-set speed alerts, but it went something like 23km/h, 49km/h and then all the way up to 230km/h. 

No indication that you can add your own custom speed alert. 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

Speedyfeet should have dinged it a point or two for not having upgradeable firmware, but he was too excited about the wheel. 

I would have liked to hear more about what he liked about the ride feel over the suspension wheels. 

The range on this one may inspire him and Jon to do another long trip together for charity. 

Certainly looks like Veteran has hit it out of the park with their first EUC for the experienced hardcore riders.  

50 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

If you watch Ian or hsiang video, the veteran has several preset speed alerts that fires a powerful on board speaker pointing straight up, that is very hard to ignore. 

I can't remember all the pre-set speed alerts, but it went something like 23km/h, 49km/h and then all the way up to 230km/h. 

No indication that you can add your own custom speed alert. 

I thought that was only the tiltback setting.

4 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Speedyfeet should have dinged it a point or two for not having upgradeable firmware, but he was too excited about the wheel. 

This is actually a misconception. Veteran have talked about firmware updates several times, but people have confused Linnea Lin's reply about a specific firmware to fix the infamous 'overtorque' dips back during the NYC demo being not necessary with the idea that they won't do them at all. Thankfully, they will if/when necessary (hence the Bluetooth module).

• Like 2