King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

17 minutes ago, ColoradoQuattro said:

Yep.. we run the whole house on solar, with generator for backup.  Could also conceivably charge it at the office if it becomes an issue during the winter (shorter solar day = less electricity).  Will see how it goes...  But charging it during the day when not in use, and when we discard excess solar, will be great until the middle of October or so!  Psyched!

I'm jealous. Sounds like a pretty cool setup. And yeah, I'm sure you'll love having an EUC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice! Mine is arriving as well. :cheers: Currently looking for a spot to hide the wheel so my marriage remains intact. 

Look her straight in the eyes and say, “Baby you asked about this very wheel 6 months ago and even then it was already 6 months old.” 

You’re welcome. Lol :-)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

I deadass have a friend who just sells one of his 8 wheels and replaces it with the latest one every time something new comes out. He's gotten away with it for years.

His even wife admitted that she can't tell the difference as all wheels look the same to her. 

I have to do this with watches and shoes. LOL.. My wife just gets confused to the point where she just stopped asking.  lol

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

I deadass have a friend who just sells one of his 8 wheels and replaces it with the latest one every time something new comes out. He's gotten away with it for years.

His even wife admitted that she can't tell the difference as all wheels look the same to her. 

wow. That's expert level marriage skills!

Only been married for a year but i need to learn this asap. :roflmao::laughbounce2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

Look her straight in the eyes and say, “Baby you asked about this very wheel 6 months ago and even then it was already 6 months old.” 

You’re welcome. Lol :-)

:cheers:  Wished it was that easy. The bummer is Jason shipped the S18 to my business where my wife’s sister works. I’m screwed.

26 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I have to do this with watches and shoes. LOL.. My wife just gets confused to the point where she just stopped asking.  lol

Watches and shoes? I’m not going ask. :facepalm:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

They did all look alike until the S18 came on the scene. Suppose I could conceal the shocks with black duct tape and just tell her my wheel is falling apart.

Edited by Rehab1

2 minutes ago, FinRider said:

Guys, don’t pretend that your wife is not fooling you with her handbags and shoes either... I bet none of us can tell if she has a new bag or watch in the house....

Depends if she use your credit card. ..haha... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Watches and shoes? I’m not going ask. :facepalm:

Well I wear a suit every day so I like nice shoes for that. As far as watches go they are way more addictive then drugs and a lot more expensive. In fact at this stage I wish I was into cars instead. Lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FinRider said:

Guys, don’t pretend that your wife is not fooling you with her handbags and shoes either... I bet none of us can tell if she has a new bag or pair of shoes in the house....

I wish it were true in my house because it would help balance the guilt of me buying all kinds of nice luxury things. My wife doesn’t spend any money. To be honest it’s a bit aggravating. LOL

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Well I wear a suit every day so I like nice shoes for that. As far as watches go they are way more addictive then drugs and a lot more expensive. In fact at this stage I wish I was into cars instead. Lol 

Nothing wrong with opulent accessorizing that  elevates business relationships. :thumbup:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Are you familiar with www.bringatrailer.com?

:innocent1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoQuattro said:

Just looked up my shipping status:

Shipped 07/22/2020 4:25 P.M. Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong

Sadly, mine still indicates Label created on 7/20/2020.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Welcome "back"! Great to read from you again. :thumbup:

So, new wheel is about to arrive?

Thanks.  It's nice to be remembered after my long hiatus.  :)

Yes, hoping to add another option to my 16S with the S18. The Veteran was an option I debated on as well but I have concerns about the gauge of motor wiring they used not being enough.  Time will tell though.  Even with the S18, I have concerns about battery sag with the pack configuration but have a higher confidence with KingSong's engineers since Veteran has no history to go off of.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ColoradoQuattro said:

Thanks!  Yeah - my daughter and I have been stoked all summer to add these toys to the stable..  Hiking is great, riding bikes is awesome, onewheeling is phenomenal, and I expect riding the S18 will require a thesaurus to complete this sentence...  lol. 

Where in CO are you? Looking for some trail riding when mine gets here.

49 minutes ago, Cranium said:

Sadly, mine still indicates Label created on 7/20/2020.   

39 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Welcome "back"! Great to read from you again. :thumbup:

Wow have been gone gone for a while. Ditto on welcome back!

My label was also generated 2 days ago. 

50141010518_cfabc95881_b.jpg

• Like 1