King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

15 minutes ago, Cranium said:

Mine indicated it would be delivered by 12:45PM so I went home around 11 to wait.  I watched the tracking on the truck as it got closer and closer to my house.  Then at 1PM, the truck started going away from my house and the tracking was updated to deliver by 9PM.  
It also doesn't indicate a signature will be required.

Whuuut? That's like Santa flying over your house and not stopping!

• Like 2

I will be checking back here every three hours. Give us real world updates!  Some top questions for me:

-Does it clank

-Does it wobble with a strong brake?

-What is acceleration like?

-What speed is “plane off” speed (where the suspension really kicks in and minimizes bumps)

thank you!!!

• Like 2

It beeps a lot for some as yet indiscernible reason..  I just turned it on to connect it to the app and it offers up a couple of loud, high pitched beeps every 30 seconds or so.  It seems like it also does this whenever it acknowledges a command.  Haven't found a way to turn it off yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoQuattro said:

It beeps a lot for some as yet indiscernible reason..  I just turned it on to connect it to the app and it offers up a couple of loud, high pitched beeps every 30 seconds or so.  It seems like it also does this whenever it acknowledges a command.  Haven't found a way to turn it off yet. 

I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to set these up. LOL. I imagine some people enjoy this process but I don’t. :-)

Further poking around seems to indicate that moving in and out of certain app menus and settings causes a beep, and setting certain options causes a beep.  I'd imagine that in some earlier version of Kingsong's firmware, people complained that they'd push buttons and they could never tell whether a setting took effect or whether a command was acknowledged by the wheel...  If that was the case, rest assured, that's been addressed.

I don't know what it will take to turn that beep off, but that beep will be turned off.  Mark my words.

• Like 3

I got mine, no signature required. It turns on and just beeps at me every 30 seconds or so. If i roll it, it beeps constantly.  I got it to pair with darkness bot, but it wouldnt allow me to change it above 12mph, and top speed is shown as 24mph. I will have to wait and see if eucw can help. I dont have the latest version of KS app of death and I really dont want to bother opening that piece of shit. I have it charging now. I also noticed a little block of plastic in the package. Its about 3"x2" and have no clue wtf its for.  So lucky, I got the first version of shock with 2 valves. Also noticed the pads are thick and grey. Pretty narrow foot boards in compare to what I'm used to, but since it doesnt self balance, I've no clue how they feet the feet. It came fully charged. Just wondering if its supposed to stop rolling when i lift the handle? So far, the gyro doesnt deactivate, regardless of position. I didnt notice it much heavier or harder to carry than my 18L fwiw.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I got mine, no signature required. It turns on and just beeps at me every 30 seconds or so. If i roll it, it beeps constantly.  I got it to pair with darkness bot, but it wouldnt allow me to change it above 12mph, and top speed is shown as 24mph. Whats troubling is that it wont turn on as far as the motor doing anything. I assume its locked? I will have to wait and see if eucw can help. I dont have the latest version of KS app of death and I really dont want to bother opening that piece of shit. I have it charging now. Any suggestions on how to make the fukn thing roll? I also noticed a little block of plastic in the package. Its about 3"x2" and have no clue wtf its for.  So lucky, I got the first version of shock with 2 valves. Also noticed the pads are thick and grey. Pretty narrow foot boards in compare to what I'm used to, but since it doesnt self balance, I've no clue how they feet the feet.

I don't know if EUC World can unlock from the shipping mode, but yes, it needs to be unlocked with the app. The King Song app bothers me to no end, too... It likes to run in the background and crash randomly, ick. I'll probably put up with it for the shipping unlock process, and maybe the speed unlock if I have to. But I'm totally with you on that, I'd love to avoid it. =[

The little block is for suspension setup - with the suspension compressed, you wedge it between the slider rods just above the pedal, that way it leaves the upper valve exposed while you pump up the suspension. They showed this in their setup video, but they removed it, uploaded a new one with a revised PSI chart, and have since removed that one too. Get it together King Song =P

Exciting, mine should be here soon, too! =]

Edited by redfoxdude

3 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

FYI folks, I couldn't unlock the wheel with the kingsong android app, tried everything possible. Used my friends apple phone and it worked

Oh joy, I'm having flashbacks of needing a super old Android phone to update the 16X's firmware. Do King Song's developers literally only have old crappy phones running Android 4.4?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

FYI folks, I couldn't unlock the wheel with the kingsong android app, tried everything possible. Used my friends apple phone and it worked

I have an android phone that I exclusively use for wheels. That wouldn’t unlock it either. I had to use my iPhone also.

• Like 2

I got mine to unlock with darknessbot, but no luck with the speeds yet. I figured the little block was for suspension. No time to mess with it today, but I REALLY hope to god i dont have to use the ks app for this, not even once. I'll try euc with my tiny droid watch, later tonight if i get a chance. I have an ipad. Are you guys HAVING to use the KS app? When you say unlock, do you mean speeds, or altogether? Cmon @Seba I still can't see the tiltback value on my lemfo, the screen wont scroll and its below what i can see. Ironic, mine arrived with the back plastic piece off of it. I see they didnt use any tape. @FinRider the manual doesnt really say much, I woouldnt waste a moments time worrying over it.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I got mine to unlock with darknessbot, but no luck with the speeds yet. I figured the little block was for suspension. No time to mess with it today, but I REALLY hope to god i dont have to use the ks app for this, not even once. I'll try euc with my tiny droid watch, later tonight if i get a chance.

I assumed we had to go 10 km to unlock the speed. Is that not the case?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I assumed we had to go 10 km to unlock the speed. Is that not the case?

probably. If it doesnt rain and I get the yard done, I'll bust out 10km real fast and see. Any idea why the trolley handle doesnt disconnect the wheel for carry at its low position? I noticed the setting in DB and turned it on. I also got it to link with EUCW, but that pesky tiltback cant be changed on eucw with a lemfo. :(

22 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

probably. If it doesnt rain and I get the yard done, I'll bust out 10km real fast and see. Any idea why the trolley handle doesnt disconnect the wheel for carry at its low position? I noticed the setting in DB and turned it on. I also got it to link with EUCW, but that pesky tiltback cant be changed on eucw with a lemfo. :(

I stopped dorking with it and just plugged it in. I did set the shock though. I hate the idea of going even 5 miles really slow. Why KS  does this is beyond me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ColoradoQuattro said:

What do you guys mean when you say you can't "unlock" the wheel?  Are you referring to the process where the app wants you to enter the numeric code, and then email you another code?  Something else?

It wouldn't turn the motor on until i pushed the unlock button on the app. Maybe an option so nobody can roll off with yur wheel? The android told me to update firmware, but that wouldn't work either. IPhone worked right away

• Like 1

Ah, copy that.. testing now.

Result: Mine seemed to have unlocked successfully on Android 10 using the KS app.  I had the EUC World app loaded when I turned it on, but when I disconnected the charger, lifted the trolley handle, and turned the wheel on, the wheel balanced right away with no further action required on my part. I had pressed the unlock button while I had the KS app open and didn't really understand what it was supposed to do.. As usual, it's better to be lucky than good.

Edited by ColoradoQuattro
  • Like 3

Yes I’m hoping someone can tell me how to unlock the speed so I don’t go throw this thing back in my garage and give up on it all together. I’m not going to ride around for an hour at 8 mph. So before I completely bashed this wheel I’m  hoping someone can help me on this.