King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

8 hours ago, RockyTop said:

STATUS
Jul 23 8:22 PM · Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
Your package is being delayed due to the processing involved with handling lithium batteries.

Ohhh...CLK? That's the artificial island where the international airport is. Custom got your wheel.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It's o-fish-all...  The S18 has cleared customs in China and will be here....

Monday.

What's the collective experience been like waiting for the wheels to clear customs on the US side?  Is there another series of hurdles to clear once they arrive, or is this a standard air shipment at this point?  

Expected Monday 
STATUS
Jul 24 11:18 AM
Your package was released by the customs agency.
Jul 24 8:33 PM · Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
Departed from facility
Your package is being delayed due to the processing involved with handling lithium batteries.
Edited by RockyTop

Still stuck with 'label created' as my latest update so I guess mine will be a while longer... not really worth the extra money for the air shipping at this rate but I suppose delays were always possible this route.

I imagine customs on the US side could possibly be an extra delay as well, but hopefully not!  

My tracking just got an update.  It now says shipped today from Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong so I guess it cleared customs.  There is no delivery date yet though.  

I knew my dedication of continuously hitting the refresh on the UPS tracking would pay off! (or get my IP banned from UPS for flooding) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cranium said:

My tracking just got an update.  It now says shipped today from Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong so I guess it cleared customs.  There is no delivery date yet though.  

I knew my dedication of continuously hitting the refresh on the UPS tracking would pay off! (or get my IP banned from UPS for flooding) 

Mine was updated to Monday an hour after clearing customs. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Mine was updated to Monday an hour after clearing customs. 

Mine as well but it appears that another governmental agency other than customs is now involved. Leave my drug shipment alone! ;)

50152083192_0556ede323_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Mine as well but it appears that another governmental agency other than customs is now involved. Leave my drug shipment alone! ;)

Well that sounds fun! :huh: I was hoping these would ship before any issues between the US and China occured (probably doesnt impact shipments but I cant help but wonder...)

Still sitting here with "label created" but ewheels gave an update saying itll be a few more days before all of them shuffle through, due to battery limits on cargo for air shipments so probably mine is one of the last to go out. Crossing fingers for everyone to get their wheels next week!

• Like 1

Mine took a different route. As Jason said they are filtering through available planes a few at a time. 

STATUS
Jul 24 2:47 PM · Anchorage P, AK, United States
Arrived at facility
Jul 24 11:18 AM
Your package was released by the customs agency.
Jul 24 8:33 PM · Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
Departed from facility
Jul 22 11:31 AM
The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

Even though mine won't arrive til Aug (or maybe later😬), I'm still dropping by here daily just to get a whiff of any good news.

Since we're sharing the nail biting anticipation here, hopefully some of yous will also share your impressions & thoughts when it finally arrives & won't leave us on the hairy edge...

Sigh, Lucky I got a strong heart.

Mine has cleared customs in Louisville Kentucky and is scheduled for delivery on Monday. My UPS guy always comes about 7 o’clock at night. I have to get up first thing Tuesday morning and go away for three days. So I won’t even get to play with this thing until Friday. LOL

Edited by Patton250
  • Like 2

notice the weight - 21KGS/47lbs?  Guessing this must be some shipping round down, but it will be interesting what the exact final weight of the production model is

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 8.18.34 PM.png

1 hour ago, Ben Hatfield said:

notice the weight - 21KGS/47lbs?  Guessing this must be some shipping round down, but it will be interesting what the exact final weight of the production model is

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 8.18.34 PM.png

that's weird... never heard of them rounding down lol,, 18XL shipping weight is 53 lbs

16 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

that's weird... never heard of them rounding down lol,, 18XL shipping weight is 53 lbs

true, my previous wheels have listed a more accurate shipping weight via the carrier.  However, the reported weight of the production s18 is heavier than 21kgs.  So...?

Edited by Ben Hatfield
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ben Hatfield said:

true, my previous wheels have listed a more accurate shipping weight via the carrier.  However, the reported weight of the production s18 is heavier than 21kgs.  So...?

Yeah.. I noticed that too.. seemed pretty wierd since its usually several pounds heavier due to packaging... will be interesting to see what shapes up.

1 hour ago, Ben Hatfield said:

maybe they forgot one of the battery packs lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

maybe they forgot one of the battery packs lol

Or maybe they consciensly underdeclare the weight, knowing that the transporter would not check or change the price for a few kgs...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

Or maybe they consciensly underdeclare the weight, knowing that the transporter would not check or change the price for a few kgs...

anything is possible haha