King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Congrats! Did someone have to sign? 

According UPS I can expect delivery by 8PM today. My business closes at 4:30. I could stretch out the time but come 6PM my wife will question me why I’m late.

Tried of lying so I may just have to wait until tomorrow it it doesn’t arrive in the next 4 hours. 

Yes, My boss sighed for it.

It looks nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Locked for shipping. Its also speed limited, but thats not a lock. Daqrknessbot unlocked mine. Im assuming eucw would as well. No idea how to make the trolley work tho..

Wow, those side and ankle pads are hard. I foresee many new bruises like when i first got an euc. Even tho the pedals are narrow, they scrape like crazy. I'll have to adjust and see, but you definitely can't turn as deep on this as I can with mny 18. Being so narrow, the pedals scrape AND my shoe scrapes off the edge. Kind of unsettling as it tries to take my shoe off the pedal altogether. Being stuck at slow speed is miserable haha. I didnt notice it having much more power or get up and go, as my 18L either. It was very easy to mount tho, and the center of gravity didnt seem to be bad at all. VERY similar to what I'm used to. I'll get to know it more as time goes by for sure. Even without setting it up at all, I did notice the ride was a little smoother in the street. Of course, a little wider tire and its underinflated, so it may just be that. I can say that its NOT light years above my other wheels, as far as power delivery. Bitter sweet, as I KNOW I'll still be rolling the 18L with music a lot, as the s18 isnt exactly replacing it. I'll know more when it stops raining and I beat the shit out of it in the trails. Anyhow, a big thanks to Jason at e-wheels. Im not worried about any niggles, as he'll take care of us.

How can the pedals possibly scrape when I thought that they were higher than a normal 18 inch wheel due to the suspension travel?  This is upsetting because that is at the top of my issues list for any wheel. I do not get the narrow pedal thing in the least. You have to have a shield for your feet on a turn. If you go into a quick turn at speed it could rip your ankle right off the pedal. Sherman is like this too. I hope you can switch out the pedals for wider ones. I’m completely speechless as I thought for sure this thing was higher off the ground. 

2 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I assumed we had to go 10 km to unlock the speed. Is that not the case?

I thought recently it was 1-km. Pretty sure that was the amount I had to ride on my KS16X

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I thought recently it was 1-km. Pretty sure that was the amount I had to ride on my KS16X

The directions on page 2 say 10 km.  

Edited by Patton250
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

The directions on page 2 say 10 km.  

Hmmm. My memory if fading :) I do know that it didn't seem too bad riding it out and you certainly weren't limited to 8mph. Something doesn't sound right about that  :confused1:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hmmm. My memory if fading :) I do know that it didn't seem too bad riding it out and you certainly weren't limited to 8mph. Something doesn't sound right about that  :confused1:

it's 40 kph lol,, unless they changed it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Actually you can go about 12mph but it starts beeping you to death at 9.5-10MPH.   Lol

• Like 1

Just now, Patton250 said:

Actually you can go about 12mph but it starts beeping you to death at 9.5-10MPH.   Lol

out of the box? did you increase the speed?

9 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

out of the box? did you increase the speed?

None of the apps will let you do it. Not the King song app not the darkness bot or EUC world. I tried everything on those apps. I’m perfectly open anyone telling me I don’t know what I’m doing and showing me how to do it.

10 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

None of the apps will let you do it. Not the King song app not the darkness bot or EUC world. I tried everything on those apps. I’m perfectly open anyone telling me I don’t know what I’m doing and showing me how to do it.

they're terrible at explaining anything.. you have to increase the speed but only to the pre set initial max which it doesn't tell you what it is.. should be 40 kph, if not try 35.. if it's too high it just won't do anything it will stay at the default off like 20 kph,, also make sure all the alarm sliders increase from first to last if the second is lower than the first for example everything will be rejected.. they may also be disabled at zero but the order must remain.. the first two may be disabled but the last must equal or be below the top speed set

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cranium said:

Coincidentally, the UPS truck was pulling up to my house as I came home from work.  I was able to get it unlocked and the shock set up pretty quickly but it is raining here so I had to ride it out in the rain for a bit to get a first [slow] ride.  I don't have any thoughts on riding it yet since I was limited on speed and the ride was short due to rain.

My trolly handle does not lock down at the bottom and it also doesn't disengage the balancing when put in the first lock position.  Is this one of the changes they made?  I would think that this would cause it pop out and get damaged in a crash, if it tumbled.  When putting the handle up to the first lock position for carrying, the wheel does beep.  Lifting the wheel in this position caused it to turn slowly but does not accelerate to cutoff as it normally would.  I can also confirm that if you lift the trolley handle while the wheel is at speed, it does not cut off.  I tried this while getting to the unlock mileage.  

I can confirm 10Km is the number to hit to unlock the wheel.  Since it was raining too much, I cheated and did most of the mileage on my treadmill.  But not while on it since this would damage the deck of the treadmill (I learned that years ago the hard way).  Now that the wheel is unlocked, I was able to set the alarms and tilt-back up to 50KPH.  I'll see if the rain stops later to get a quick night ride in.

Is it literally raining everywhere simultaneously in the US tonight?  Universe is cruel. 

Good to know you got it unlocked but the trolley handle was not a change they released...

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cranium said:

My trolly handle does not lock down at the bottom and it also doesn't disengage the balancing when put in the first lock position.  Is this one of the changes they made?  I would think that this would cause it pop out and get damaged in a crash, if it tumbled.

I hope not. Maybe it just needs to be wiggled into place or something?

9 minutes ago, Cranium said:

I cheated and did most of the mileage on my treadmill.

That's actually pretty funny.

9 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Quick Tips: 

1)  Don't forget to pump up your shocks. ( comes with 0 pressure)

2) You can up your speeds from 12mph to 21mph out of the box. don't forget to adjust the alarms too. 

3) I got mine up to 30mph but it beeps and tilts the entire time. ( 

That is awesome. I was having fun riding the tiltback too. Thanks for the heads up. Its so funny to look back and recall how fast 12mph WAS and how freaky tiltback seemed. Now, its so damn slow and tiltback is fun to tinker on.  Beep BEep BEEP. Does your trolley disconnect the wheel at 1st click? Mine beeps as I move it, but the wheel doesnt free spins no matter what. Damn handle arrived so loose, I hope it lasts a bit.

@Cranium my trolley is working the same as you describe it.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Quick Tips: 

2) You can up your speeds from 12mph to 21mph out of the box. don't forget to adjust the alarms too. 

3) I got mine up to 30mph but it beeps and tilts the entire time. 

:crying:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

My trolley is not turning the wheel off either. They said that they were going to make changes to the trolley cut off .................. 

That sucks. Is it possible that this is an option in the app?

36 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Quick Tips: 

3) I got mine up to 30mph but it beeps and tilts the entire time. 

Oh yeah? Can you be a little more specific?

15 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

That sucks. Is it possible that this is an option in the app?

I bet they are working on it. There was complaint of how you had to be so precise for it to work. Its a newer style at the old lift cutoff. Im sure theyll come up with something.I think itll be a firmware revision, as the setting is already in the app.  I didnt notice it running away tho, I DO think it goes slowly when lifted, even tho it doesnt stop altogether.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

9 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Quick Tips: 

:thumbup:  Video tutorial on the shocks. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1