King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

24 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

My trolley is not turning the wheel off either. They said that they were going to make changes to the trolley cut off .................. 

I think it does work - it just works differently.  If you pick the wheel up via the handle at that first click and hold spot - the tire will spin if you lean it forward or back, but holds position when balanced.  So though the tire will move forward and back when held by that handle and leaned - it doesn't free spin and can be carried around.   can someone confirm this?

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

2) You can up your speeds from 12mph to 21mph out of the box.

23 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Oh yeah? Can you be a little more specific?

12 is 21 backwards? :facepalm:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ben Hatfield said:

anyone else have a significant tire rub?  Mine seems to have that same exact rub that Ian had in his Speedyfeet review

That sucks! I just might keep mine boxed tomorrow until I start hearing better news.

• Like 1

Woohoo, it's here! I can confirm the handle doesn't lock into the stored position. The wheel doesn't shut off when in the carry position, but I played with it, and it becomes very soft, like the oooooold EUCs. I think this may be a good solution, so it doesn't just fall over. About to take her for a spin, will report back =]

5 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Woohoo, it's here! I can confirm the handle doesn't lock into the stored position. The wheel doesn't shut off when in the carry position, but I played with it, and it becomes very soft, like the oooooold EUCs. I think this may be a good solution, so it doesn't just fall over. About to take her for a spin, will report back =]

So if you were to say, walk up a flight of stairs, do you think that the way handle cutoff currently works is good solution?

25 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

So if you were to say, walk up a flight of stairs, do you think that the way handle cutoff currently works is good solution?

double checked the handle - yea, I was mistaken - the wheel can totally free spin if leaned forward or back when picked up with the handle, but it can also be balanced (leveled) so the tire stays essentially still while carried around

8 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

Chooch and the S18 again 

Yaa baby, that's what I'm talkin' bout! An all mountain MTB trail! Instead of killing myself on leg power, EUC power rulz...

1 hour ago, Ben Hatfield said:

anyone else have a significant tire rub?  Mine seems to have that same exact rub that Ian had in his Speedyfeet review

I didnt hear any rub. I did notice a missing screw, a total nightmare of a valve to reach and somehow 4 tiny screws at pedal tabs that look to been installed with a dremel I suppose. I hate to hear you have a rub. That means the tolerances are still VERY close and its going to be hit/miss with other tires and bent rims. I guess I'll be combing thru this to check ALL screws. Let us know how you get the rub handles, Ben. Who'd you buy it thru (no need to say if you dont feel like it)? Mine may freespin as well. Perhaps the handle is just so center, I couldnt get it to lean enough while picked up, to really get going. My other wheels tend to take off when you lift them. This one seems to stay pretty stable.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

5 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I didnt hear any rub. I did notice a missing screw, a total nightmare of a valve to reach and somehow 4 tiny screws at pedal tabs that look to been installed with a dremel I suppose. I hate to hear you have a rub. That means the tolerances are still VERY close and its going to be hit/miss with other tires and bent rims. I guess I'll be combing thru this to check ALL screws. Let us know how you get the rub handles, Ben. Who'd you buy it thru (no need to say if you dont feel like it)?

It is disappointing - I'm going to keep riding it and see how it goes.  It's an eWheels purchase - I sent them an email regarding this already, see what they think.

I have the tire pressure at the bottom of the recommended on the tire, 35psi.  It seems like the rub has actually gotten worse as I've ridden today.  It has nothing to do with leaning on one pedal or the other - that makes no difference.  It is like there is something sticking out inside the fender, which I believe was Ian' (speedyfeet) guess as well.

Ian's (tire rub) went away in time, and it will be interesting to see how it goes with my s18

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ben Hatfield said:

It is disappointing - I'm going to keep riding it and see how it goes.  It's an eWheels purchase - I sent them an email regarding this already, see what they think.

I have the tire pressure at the bottom of the recommended on the tire, 35psi.  It seems like the rub has actually gotten worse as I've ridden today.  It has nothing to do with leaning on one pedal or the other - that makes no difference.  It is like there is something sticking out inside the fender, which I believe was Ian' (speedyfeet) guess as well.

Ian's (tire rub) went away in time, and it will be interesting to see how it goes with my s18

Hoping that is the case man and it goes away!

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Hatfield said:

I have significant tire rub turning to the right under load.  It seemed to get worse in my ride as well.  It's quite disappointing.  I can just lean the wheel over about 30° and reproduce it just by rolling it back and forth now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Wilson said:

I had to carry it down and back up a flight of stairs at my apartment, and it worked fine for me! Kinda nice that you can still wheel it around with the handle in that position, too.

Couple first impressions:
The pads are pretty slippery, and a tad hard. I had a hard time getting a good grip for jumping. I'm going to cut out some thin adhesive-backed EVA to line the lower pads, and I think they'll work great.
The thicker top pads are too thick for me! I have exceptionally short legs, though. I'm gonna make a template and cut some new pads out of 5mm EVA foam, I think I'll like that.
I did not experience tire rubbing.
I was not able to set the tilt-back higher than 33km/h, but now I've done the 10km and have unlocked the top speed.
I'm used to riding a Monster, and this is so much peppier, haha! Also super agile and carve-y, but definitely at least as smooth on the road as the Monster. Much easier to carve than the Nikola, too. I had fun hitting sharp bumps and jumping off curbs, it definitely makes them feel smaller. Notably, I jumped off a 30cm curb without hesitation, and I wouldn't typically do that on my other wheels.

She's on the charger now, and I'm gonna try to whip up some pads. Maybe I'll pop outside one more time just to check out the headlight.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cranium said:

I have significant tire rub turning to the right under load.  It seemed to get worse in my ride as well.  It's quite disappointing.  I can just lean the wheel over about 30° and reproduce it just by rolling it back and forth now.  

Too bad they didnt put loud speakers on it. Tire rub? Turn the music up!...tis what we did in many a car back when shoes were worth more than the vehicle. Its too bad that this was seen a potential problem with the prototype, and it wasnt properly addressed on all models. Perhaps its a poor mold of fender, or maybe even worse... a design with tolerances too tight. Hell, maybe it was an assembly slight. Fun times, fun times. At least we were prepared, unless this is your first Chinese made product to have purchased :)

16 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Too bad they didnt put loud speakers on it. Tire rub? Turn the music up!...tis what we did in many a car back when shoes were worth more than the vehicle. Its too bad that this was seen a potential problem with the prototype, and it wasnt properly addressed on all models. Perhaps its a poor mold of fender, or maybe even worse... a design with tolerances too tight. Hell, maybe it was an assembly slight. Fun times, fun times. At least we were prepared, unless this is your first Chinese made product to have purchased :)

My IPhone works as intended. 

:)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

At least we were prepared, unless this is your first Chinese made product to have purchased :)

My relationship with EUC's has been bittersweet over the years.  I'm quite bitter with Ninebot after failures on the E+ and then thinking the P was going to be much better only to find out it was much worse and Ninebot just abandoned the model as well as the consumers who purchased it.  The KS 16S has been great but I haven't put that many miles on it (<200).  I'm hoping to get good practical use from the S18 and if I run into speed or range issues, have no problem buying the V2 (Veteran 2 ) with suspension, when released.  ;) 

• Like 1

just got back from a quick ride with the wheel's speed unlocked.  Super fun wheel!  Very nimble - more nimble than my 18XL - tire feels more similar to the 18XL tire than the 3" on a gotway 18".  I think I've had the suspension too stiff and too soft - haven't found that sweet spot yet.

Soft mode!!!  wow - that is an interesting soft mode - really makes carving fun.  Hard mode feels like the 18XL - predictable and precise (imo, I like the 18XL hard mode), but I'll ride the soft mode on the s18 just for fun

tire rub has persisted, but didn't seem to get any worse on this last short ride

edit - definitely adding additional padding for leverage (front of leg, back of leg, above foot) - I think I could ride this wheel without, but I've gotten so used to extra leverage on other wheels, I'm thinking I'll add some to this wheel as well.  Jumping up stuff will be completely different on this wheel.  I'll have to figure out loading the suspension as opposed to depending on padding above the foot to lift the wheel as I jump - or at least that is how it seems atm.

Edited by Ben Hatfield
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ben Hatfield said:

just got back from a quick ride with the wheel's speed unlocked.  Super fun wheel!  Very nimble - more nimble than my 18XL - tire feels more similar to the 18XL tire than the 3" on a gotway 18".  I think I've had the suspension too stiff and too soft - haven't found that sweet spot yet.

Soft mode!!!  wow - that is an interesting soft mode - really makes carving fun.  Hard mode feels like the 18XL - predictable and precise (imo, I like the 18XL hard mode), but I'll ride the soft mode on the s18 just for fun

tire rub has persisted, but didn't seem to get any worse on this last short ride

edit - definitely adding additional padding for leverage (front of leg, back of leg, above foot) - I think I could ride this wheel without, but I've gotten so used to extra leverage on other wheels, I'm thinking I'll add some to this wheel as well.  Jumping up stuff will be completely different on this wheel.  I'll have to figure out loading the suspension as opposed to depending on padding above the foot to lift the wheel as I jump - or at least that is how it seems atm.

It's definitely a fun and nimble wheel! Dialing in the shock is gonna be fun.

I really like the soft mode, too! I ride my GotWays in soft mode, but I started out with the S18's medium to start. Feels solid, but once I switched to soft mode, I felt like I could really get in the groove.

I just got back from a quick ride around the block with the 5mm EVA pads I made, definitely more comfortable for me personally. I played around with wedging my feet into the cutout, and I was able to do some hops. I still think a thin sheet of EVA foam for extra grip will help a lot though. The headlight is pretty bright, but the beam is very wide and doesn't throw super far. Better than my other wheels for sure. I'm very eager to see the V11's headlight in person, though!

• Like 2

Hey all the people with new S18s and rain outside. Now is a good time to help the community and measure the clearances between the tire and the shell. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ColoradoQuattro said:

It beeps a lot for some as yet indiscernible reason..  I just turned it on to connect it to the app and it offers up a couple of loud, high pitched beeps every 30 seconds or so.  It seems like it also does this whenever it acknowledges a command.  Haven't found a way to turn it off yet. 

Beeps to are to confirm an action, we will remove it based on user requests. 

POLL IS UP to keep or remove beeps, please vote. 

Edited by Jack King Song
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Not Sure said:

FYI folks, I couldn't unlock the wheel with the kingsong android app, tried everything possible. Used my friends apple phone and it worked

Can you please send me your serial number and let me know what version of android app you are using? Thank you!