King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

13 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Mine has cleared customs in Louisville Kentucky and is scheduled for delivery on Monday. My UPS guy always comes about 7 o’clock at night. I have to get up first thing Tuesday morning and go away for three days. So I won’t even get to play with this thing until Friday. LOL

That sticks! I assume your traveling by air? 

5 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Got an email...mine delayed until September now (e-wheels). 

Bummer! On a positive note we first batchers should have the bugs worked out by then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

That sticks! I assume your traveling by air? 

Bummer! On a positive note we first batchers should have the bugs worked out by then. 

No just going on a 3 day respite to the beach. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

489A1D4B-7801-4703-8EE0-2288961F5204.jpeg

Is that an ambulatory aid for the little guy? I’ve seen those mobility assist devices for larger pets. 

1 hour ago, EUChristian said:

Actually yes it is and as close to a guinea pig on a unicycle I could find!

You’d be surprised what you can find on Google.;)

50156596732_e866cfafd2_b.jpg

• Like 2

The S18 was shipped by Flyman Technology. Never heard of the company. Be sure you guys have someone available to sign for the delivery.

50156975962_4b9836f2b0_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

The S18 was shipped by Flyman Technology. Never heard of the company. Be sure you guys have someone available to sign for the delivery.

50156975962_4b9836f2b0_b.jpg

Why?

Question for those buying the S18. I will be giving the Ks-16 to my wife and plan on purchasing either an MSP or the Sherman for long distance riding next year. Obviously the Sherman has some bugs to work out...let’s assume they work most of them out (just the cut-out under high stress concerns me). 

If you were going to purchase a wheel to augment the off-road master S18, and had no other wheels - which would you buy?  Would you hold out for the Gotway suspension model?

i realize this is slightly off topic but I feel like we are in a waiting period right now...thoughts?

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Be sure you guys have someone available to sign for the delivery.

Here in RI .. delivery signatures are next to meaningless now .. in an effort to curb the mess of too many deliveries beyond their capacity to deliver .. local UPS & FedEx management have adopted the policy of .. the driver is authorized to forge the name of other people on any such delivery signatures .. the driver comes in .. maybe with all the packages , maybe only with some of them .. drops whatever he has somewhere .. maybe with someone , maybe not .. they forge someone's name on the signature line .. it could be claiming 5 packages when they only delivered 3 .. might be a person that has signed some previous day at that stop .. and they drive off to their next stop .. at work we've had several packages never delivered , the driver just forged someone's name (sometimes a name of someone that has never worked there, or someone that was out sick that day) and called it delivered , as they drove off .. they've also lied about the destination being closed , and just bounced it back to the sender.

Good luck , it's crazy times :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IamIan said:

Here in RI .. delivery signatures are next to meaningless now ..

Same here in Ontario, last time, my $2000 wheel was delivered late for 7 days and then driver just drop it in front of the door, not even ring the bell...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ZenRyder said:

I had a chance to ride the KingSong S18 and the InMotion V11 yesterday. Here's my review.

Very nice video. Of course it would take a lot more riding time to really get to the bottom of it. Were the wheels set for your weight or just one setting for each rider? I will soon have an opportunity myself to do this kind of head-to-head comparison. 

What strikes me from this video is the noise from the S18 suspension. Sounds like something is broken or loose. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Very nice video. Of course it would take a lot more riding time to really get to the bottom of it. Were the wheels set for your weight or just one setting for each rider? I will soon have an opportunity myself to do this kind of head-to-head comparison. 

What strikes me from this video is the noice from the S18 suspension. Sounds like something is broken or loose. 

I agree that the noise sounded loud when dropping off the curb and on the washboard. The wheels were not adjusted to weight, so certainly that will be much better for a rider when it is tuned in. It's a nice wheel and like I said, it really smoothed out the ride. Some in our group like the S18 more than the V11. When we stopped and talked to some Mountain Bikers, they were blown away by the shock and thought it was awesome. There are definite things to like about both wheels.

7 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

Same here in Ontario, last time, my $2000 wheel was delivered late for 7 days and then driver just drop it in front of the door, not even ring the bell...

Yes here too. 

6 hours ago, UniVehje said:

What strikes me from this video is the noise from the S18 suspension. Sounds like something is broken or loose

Agree, the clanking here is definitely an issue for me , several videos have revealed this...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Agree, the clanking here is definitely an issue for me , several videos have revealed this...

I would put highly suspect it being one of the shock bushings and/or linkage bearings. Sounds exactly the same as a worn linked mtb rear end. The slightest gap will induce a knock which doesnt really detract from the effectiveness or strength of the system but yes I personally find it very annoying. I know many riders who simply ignore it due to this, and given how quickly a 20th of a thou can open up. A better solution would be to run sealed needle roller bearings on the shock but most dont.

I swop out all my mtb bushings and bearings yearly due to tiny amounts of slop developing but then the bike prob only does 200 miles a year so its no big deal to me. I do love the S18 setup, but I wonder how often an euc would need doing (in order to keep it quiet if not necessarily for performance).

• Like 3

Woot! Finally the moment has come for some of you!  Grats!

... mine FINALLY upgraded an hour ago from "label created" to "picked up" ... still no delivery date, but I hope its not gonna be stuck again... I wont be anticipating it til its at my door by the way this has been going!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I got mine!!!!!   ........ Kinda, It is at my office. Now I have to wait until 4pm to play with it. 

Congrats! Did someone have to sign? 

According UPS I can expect delivery by 8PM today. My business closes at 4:30. I could stretch out the time but come 6PM my wife will question me why I’m late.

Tried of lying so I may just have to wait until tomorrow it it doesn’t arrive in the next 4 hours. 

• Like 1

Mine indicated it would be delivered by 12:45PM so I went home around 11 to wait.  I watched the tracking on the truck as it got closer and closer to my house.  Then at 1PM, the truck started going away from my house and the tracking was updated to deliver by 9PM.  
It also doesn't indicate a signature will be required.

• Like 1