King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

12 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I got mine, no signature required. It turns on and just beeps at me every 30 seconds or so. If i roll it, it beeps constantly.  I got it to pair with darkness bot, but it wouldnt allow me to change it above 12mph, and top speed is shown as 24mph. I will have to wait and see if eucw can help. I dont have the latest version of KS app of death and I really dont want to bother opening that piece of shit. I have it charging now. I also noticed a little block of plastic in the package. Its about 3"x2" and have no clue wtf its for.  So lucky, I got the first version of shock with 2 valves. Also noticed the pads are thick and grey. Pretty narrow foot boards in compare to what I'm used to, but since it doesnt self balance, I've no clue how they feet the feet. It came fully charged. Just wondering if its supposed to stop rolling when i lift the handle? So far, the gyro doesnt deactivate, regardless of position. I didnt notice it much heavier or harder to carry than my 18L fwiw.

The BLOCK is for pumping suspension, please do not throw it out, please refer to King Song YT channel for how to pump instructions.

Please refer to this for trolley handle concern.

15 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

In Firmware 1.04 for the S18 we've remedied trolley handle:

Problem: Whenever handle reaches its 'lift' position, the motor would disengage unless you did it rapidly. 

Fix: The motor no longer FULLY disengages but is reduced to such a small amount of speed that: A) Rider's wont be able to ride if it if they accidentally left it in 'lift' position. B)It means adjusting trolley handle past its 'lift' position no longer causes the wheel to just fall. Whilst in the lift position there is enough power to sustain the wheel to stay upright, however not enough to support a rider riding it as it will fall forwards or backwards at 2km/h preventing riders from riding in the 'lift' position and causing injury. 

I got mine, no signature required. It turns on and just beeps at me every 30 seconds or so. If i roll it, it beeps constantly.  I got it to pair with darkness bot, but it wouldnt allow me to change it above 12mph, and top speed is shown as 24mph. I will have to wait and see if eucw can help. I dont have the latest version of KS app of death and I really dont want to bother opening that piece of shit. I have it charging now. I also noticed a little block of plastic in the package. Its about 3"x2" and have no clue wtf its for.  So lucky, I got the first version of shock with 2 valves. Also noticed the pads are thick and grey. Pretty narrow foot boards in compare to what I'm used to, but since it doesnt self balance, I've no clue how they feet the feet. It came fully charged. Just wondering if its supposed to stop rolling when i lift the handle? So far, the gyro doesnt deactivate, regardless of position. I didnt notice it much heavier or harder to carry than my 18L fwiw.

The BLOCK is for pumping suspension, please do not throw it out, please refer to King Song YT channel for how to pump instructions.

Please refer to this for trolley handle concern.

15 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

Problem: Whenever handle reaches its 'lift' position, the motor would disengage unless you did it rapidly. 

Fix: The motor no longer FULLY disengages but is reduced to such a small amount of speed that: A) Rider's wont be able to ride if it if they accidentally left it in 'lift' position. B)It means adjusting trolley handle past its 'lift' position no longer causes the wheel to just fall. Whilst in the lift position there is enough power to sustain the wheel to stay upright, however not enough to support a rider riding it as it will fall forwards or backwards at 2km/h preventing riders from riding in the 'lift' position and causing injury. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Not Sure said:

The wait is over! Yes! Does anybody know what happened to that setup video a couple pages back? It says it's been removed

It will be re-uploaded shortly, sorry for this. We had to make some adjustments to make it more clear! 

Please refer to:

28 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

How is it better? And for what kind of use?

I thought I already discussed this earlier but I’ll go through it again. The tire on the V11 feels like the tire on the Z10 to me or the original stock tire on the 16X. A gyro feeling and also it wants to correct itself on uneven/cracked surfaces just like the Z10. This S18  feels more like the 18XL. More smooth and easier to carve. Others are saying it as well. My son says the same thing. No big deal man.  As soon as a video comes out on how to change the tire on the V11 I will  just change it. 

• Like 2

Here is the quick link to the suspension adjustment video.

I am geared up about 85kg, so I plan on starting with 200 psi upper / 100 psi lower - 15 clicks and then start adjusting from there.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

You can actually ride it at 20mph, this 10km period is to ensure the product is fully working before going faster and also for users to adjust to the wheel. Though it can be feel redundant it's to ensure safety of our users. 

Sure would’ve been handy had you written down a couple of instructions on how to accomplish that. I realize others here have figured that out but I haven’t. It’s too late now because now I can’t play with this thing Alain until Thursday night when I get home. Hopefully though someone will be kind enough to write the process down on how to unlock it to 20 mph and then I will get my son to do the 10 km.

Any news on why your app says the battery is at 100% when it’s clearly not? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Sure would’ve been handy had you written down a couple of instructions on how to accomplish that. I realize others here have figured that out but I haven’t. It’s too late now because now I can’t play with this thing Alain until Thursday night when I get home. Hopefully though someone will be kind enough to write the process down on how to unlock it to 20 mph and then I will get my son to do the 10 km.

Any news on why your app says the battery is at 100% when it’s clearly not? 

Thanks. 

Can you send me a screenshot please? 

52 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Sure would’ve been handy had you written down a couple of instructions on how to accomplish that. I realize others here have figured that out but I haven’t.

@Jack King Song or any other S18 owner, can you please provide a quick compendium of the app setup instructions.

BTW the S18 shock setup video was excellent!:cheers:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cheizy said:

Couple quirks..

-this wheel wobbles even with the thicker padding. Granted I had to change my riding with the new contact points. I’m no expert rider but have put about 1000k on my v10. This S18 would wobble at 10mph randomly and during braking as well

You certainly have enough mileage to discern there may be a wobble issue. Sorry I can’t help yet . Mine arrives today. I hate wobbles so I hope this is just a setup issue and not firmware.

I would first try deflating your tire in case it did not seat properly at the factory. Once deflated tap the tire with a rubber mallet while rotating the rim 360 degrees then reinflate it. Good luck!

9 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Oh yeah? Can you be a little more specific?

I used the Darknessbot to change the speed from 12 to 21 and set the alarms to 20. I am guessing that the KS app will not let you do that ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheizy said:

-this wheel wobbles...

anyone have suggestions?

Hi!
As far as I know, in the production version it is possible to lower the pedals by 2cm, this will lower the center of gravity and increase stability in theory.
Also check, by spinning the wheel, does the tire sit evenly?
If not, then you need to align it.
Here is a video, it is in Russian, but it is clear without words what needs to be done, you can turn on subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAD8lI3tuXo

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I thought I already discussed this earlier but I’ll go through it again. The tire on the V11 feels like the tire on the Z10 to me or the original stock tire on the 16X. A gyro feeling and also it wants to correct itself on uneven/cracked surfaces just like the Z10. This S18  feels more like the 18XL.

For the past year the 18XL has been shipped with the same tire pattern that’s on the V11.

I saw one person on the Inmotion chat disliking the CST, and others disagreed saying that it grips much better than the H-5102 (S18) and that they haven’t noticed the Z10 behavior at all. Perhaps you could’ve tried more with different tire pressures?

Anyway, calling a near slick tire being “better” on an off-road oriented wheel just didn’t sound quite right to me. I don’t think personal taste on one behavioral aspect of the tire makes it universally better or worse.

That climbing video above indeed shows amazing skills! The tire does slip on the dirt sections quite a bit more than I’d be comfortable with. I hope the S18 can fit a proper tire for that purpose.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I am very pleased with the wheel! :w00t2:

No wobbles for me. It rides better than the XL. more nimble.

Music to my ears! 🎶  

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

2 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

What an absolute unit 🤯

No way I could ever do that on my 16x

I totally agree. Must admit this rider does have amazing balance. 

My tracking finally updated... Thursday... but I guess in the mean time I can just follow what goes on to everyone else here to know exactly what to expect and to fix problems! Thanks first shipments! :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

So far I've counted 5 screws missing on mine and I havent opened it at all.

Ugh! That is disappointing big time!! Not music to my ears!:furious:

PM your address and I’ll send you a batch of screws. ;)

50162816931_59d0ac115d_w.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

For the past year the 18XL has been shipped with the same tire pattern that’s on the V11.

I saw one person on the Inmotion chat disliking the CST, and others disagreed saying that it grips much better than the H-5102 (S18) and that they haven’t noticed the Z10 behavior at all. Perhaps you could’ve tried more with different tire pressures?

Anyway, calling a near slick tire being “better” on an off-road oriented wheel just didn’t sound quite right to me. I don’t think personal taste on one behavioral aspect of the tire makes it universally better or worse.

That climbing video above indeed shows amazing skills! The tire does slip on the dirt sections quite a bit more than I’d be comfortable with. I hope the S18 can fit a proper tire for that purpose.

Ok. 

I like the tire better on the S18 then the V11. I will be changing the tire on the V11 because it feels like the V10. I don’t like that. I have enough riding time and enough wheels to know the difference. :-)

If you disagree no problem.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

So far I've counted 5 screws missing on mine and I havent opened it at all. I have a total of 3 screws (tiny long ones) that are used to lower the pedal height. From factory setting, only 3 of the 4 holes line up each side. If i were to lower them, 4 of 4 would line up. However, I only had 3 screws total of the 6. I also note that one side of my white shell is missing 3 of the screws that hold it to the black inner fender, its very loose... WTF?! Looks like the pedal tab screws were installed with an axe... Why is so much development and time, being undermined by such terrible build practices? These screws cost NOTHING in bulk, but I dont have them here. I havent even opened it yet, but I am nervous of what I will find when I do. Im glad I paid extra to have it air shipped, so instead of riding, I can sit here and comb thru it. Its an hour drive to town during the pandemic, to buy $.50 worth of random screws. I'll have to get a hold of jason at ewheels, as Im not sure warranty still holds valid, if i dig deeper. One thing is certain, I can't put my faith in relying on a vehicle thats obviously missing pieces, but is expected to keep my chin off pavement at 25mph. THIS IS NOT a design flaw, nor is it something a newer revision will magically fix. Perhaps a better build method should be in place? Look over your wheels carefully, as mine seems to be put together in haste, with less than high pride in workmanship. Freaking upper shock valve is near impossible to get to, and YES I tried thru the padding as well. Its the inner plastic that gets in the way. Ugh.. I wanted to ride a unicycle this month, not work on one...

DSCN7959.JPG

DSCN7961.JPG

DSCN7960.JPG

Ugh. Unfortunately you are the guinea pig my good man. Hope you get it all screwed together. I’ll be going over mine the same way you are.  Since this is built in an assembly line it could be a lazy worker or workers. Perhaps Ewheels can open them for us future batch people and check these issues out. Unfortunately yours came straight over so no checks can be done. 

Jealous but not jealous at the same time. Hope you get this worked out. Your opinions are aligned with mind so I’m following your posts closely. 

• Like 1