King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

2 hours ago, ColoradoQuattro said:

Shipped 07/22/2020 4:25 P.M. Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong

1 hour ago, Cranium said:

Sadly, mine still indicates Label created on 7/20/2020.   

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My label was also generated 2 days ago. 

Grmbl - everone gets a new wheel, just i'm stuck with my 16s :D

But since it seems my spinal disc is  about ok again it seems to slowly be about time to get a label, too :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to your reports! 

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Xolition said:

Where in CO are you? Looking for some trail riding when mine gets here.

About 20 mins off of I-70, near Bierstadt and Grays/Torreys...  Absolutely.  Come up to our 'hood...  Tons of 'sort of' maintained trails to ride that have been perfect for the OneWheel and that I expect will be awesome on the EUC also.  Let's exchange email addys once these things are actually stateside!   

13 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

What happened to aggravate your spine? 

Seems like just beeing too lazy and sitting too much squeezed out the one between l3 and l4...

Doing more wheel riding again shozld be a nice exercise to strengthen the core muscles :)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Seems like just beeing too lazy and sitting too much squeezed out the one between l3 and l4...

Painful. My wife had surgery in February for a L5/S1 herniation. 

23 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Doing more wheel riding again shozld be a nice exercise to strengthen the core muscles :)

Time to purchase the S18.:P

50142067857_27095d518d_b.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Painful. My wife had surgery in February for a L5/S1 herniation. 

Hope everythings ng went fine!

Fortionately it's not painful but just restricting in my case...

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Time to purchase the S18.:P

50142067857_27095d518d_b.jpg

:thumbup:

I'm looking forward to start some regular rides with my 16s. In the meantime i'll watch the incoming reports...

The S18 could be exactly what i'm looking for - i'm not looking for huge ranges. 16s was enough for me - a charging break with a beer and some snack is always nice :thumbup:.

I just swore myself i won't go anymore below a 4p battery configuration. But if this system works out nicely, maybe i reconsider :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Nothing wrong with opulent accessorizing that  elevates business relationships. :thumbup:

Opulence is subjective.

But I think I know what you mean.  

9 minutes ago, Chriull said:

The S18 could be exactly what i'm looking for - i'm not looking for huge ranges. 16s was enough for me - a charging break with a beer and some snack is always nice :thumbup:.

We’re on the same thought process. My 16S and Tesla have the range( although I’ll never use it). If the S18 gives me some knee pain relief on trails I’ll be thrilled. 

18 minutes ago, Chriull said:

I just swore myself i won't go anymore below a 4p battery configuration. But if this system works out nicely, maybe i reconsider :)

3P should be just fine for this wheel given each cell is capable of discharging 20A.  The motor should have plenty of torque with 60 amps. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chriull said:

Grmbl - everone gets a new wheel, just i'm stuck with my 16s :D

But since it seems my spinal disc is  about ok again it seems to slowly be about time to get a label, too :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to your reports! 

16s is my first and only wheel. I will judge all future wheels based on my excellent experience with this one. Only problem is I have a random knocking noise that comes and goes and I’m pretty sure it’s a bearing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EUChristian said:

16s is my first and only wheel. I will judge all future wheels based on my excellent experience with this one. Only problem is I have a random knocking noise that comes and goes and I’m pretty sure it’s a bearing. 

I experienced the same ”random” knocking on my 16C. In my case it seemed to happen when I turned left. I am fortunate to have an experienced rider living 3km from me, so I had @mrelwood hop on the 16c and he said that he had experienced a similar thing with his old 16s. For him and for me it turned out to be one of the pedal hangers. Just had to take the wheel apart, tighten the bolts and it solved the problem. Its worth a shot!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

It does not look like Friday is going to happen. I just checked.  My tracking says that the delivery is still in Hong Kong, delayed because of lithium battery handling. :crying:

I've been watching this tread because I've been in the same boat as others, though my tracking doesn't mention anything about the battery handling, it still just says the label was created on monday.  I'm guessing the batteries for some reason are causing everyone else's delays too?  

22 hours ago, ColoradoQuattro said:

About 20 mins off of I-70, near Bierstadt and Grays/Torreys...  Absolutely.  Come up to our 'hood...  Tons of 'sort of' maintained trails to ride that have been perfect for the OneWheel and that I expect will be awesome on the EUC also.  Let's exchange email addys once these things are actually stateside!   

Hah small world. I summited Grays/Torreys two weekends ago. Will do.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

S18 expedited shipment update from Ewheels:

Thanks for the update!  Guess I'll just have to set my anticipation aside cause it doesn't look like it'll happen this weekend... doh.

• Like 1

I’m more excited for you first batchers to get it than I am to get it. We need info on the changes!  Speedy Feet 1000km review got me excited. I’m not a commuter, this is my fun daily hobby. Very excited to be able to transition from asphalt to grass and ride through dirt at higher speeds. Looking forward to a deluge of real world experiences. 

who will change out their shock first?  

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, Rehab1 said:

:cheers:  Wished it was that easy. The bummer is Jason shipped the S18 to my business where my wife’s sister works. I’m screwed.

Watches and shoes? I’m not going ask. :facepalm:

I think she deserves a day off.

• Like 1