King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

54 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

1. Can you please DM me the app issue, I want to keep this thread as close to the S18 as possible.
2. I've been testing the handle function and its safety for the past 2 weeks in various situations and havent had an issue, so I find the handle probability very unlikely. 

• lifted before riding
  • lifted after riding
  • lifting and pushing it back down and while riding
  • etc

With all that being said, please ride under the same conditions but please wear safety gear and avoid traffic to test the wheel and please let me know if it occurs. Please inform your seller as well, I assume @Jason McNeil from  eWheels. 

Just want to say I appreciate you responding in this thread more than you know. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the vids for sure! Only thing is.. I have 3 screws total! I understand the entire concept, but i just can't perform magic. Ive snapped my fingers many times, more screws didnt appear. Your video suggests I should have 6 batter pack screws. I only have THREE total. YES, I understand they arent load bearing. I am familiar with what theyre designed to hold together. Even so, a thorough understanding does NOT make screws appear from thin air. Apologies I keep bringing this up, but i keep being told how they function, not how to make 3 more screws appear. I'm pretty sure I'll measure them AND the body screws and just order a bag of each. It aint like my other KS wheel doesnt need them. The battery screws seem of decent quality, but it sure wont hurt to get some REAL metal for the body screws.  I'll probably order these tonight and take the $$ hit. I'm sure Jason or KS would help, but time is money and I'm not getting any younger ;)  Again, thanks for the awesome machine, please get onto your build team ask them to pay attention. Your reputation for quality is ALWAYS at stake. We have high expectations for KS being refined.

If you could tell me the pitch and length and size of the battery screws and body screws, it would make my life easier. Maybe its past time i dig out a pitch gauge. Freaking dial caliper is on my desk in front of me anyhow.

Again, thank you for the videos, I'm sure it has cleared up confusion for many. The trolley function is VERY slick, well done for sure!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

With all that being said, please ride under the same conditions but please wear safety gear and avoid traffic to test the wheel and please let me know if it occurs. Please inform your seller as well, I assume @Jason McNeil from  eWheels. 

Thanks @Jack King Song for your follow-up, I personally like you being on top of things as rep. for KingSong.
This is one of the reasons I ordered a KingSong s18.

(Albeit through another channel since the European distribution model is not consumer friendly, nor adding enough value)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Thanks for the vids for sure! Only thing is.. I have 3 screws total! I understand the entire concept, but i just can't perform magic. Ive snapped my fingers many times, more screws didnt appear. Your video suggests I should have 6 batter pack screws. I only have THREE total. YES, I understand they arent load bearing. I am familiar with what theyre designed to hold together. Even so, a thorough understanding does NOT make screws appear from thin air. Apologies I keep bringing this up, but i keep being told how they function, not how to make 3 more screws appear. I'm pretty sure I'll measure them AND the body screws and just order a bag of each. It aint like my other KS wheel doesnt need them. The battery screws seem of decent quality, but it sure wont hurt to get some REAL metal for the body screws.  I'll probably order these tonight and take the $$ hit. I'm sure Jason or KS would help, but time is money and I'm not getting any younger ;)  Again, thanks for the awesome machine, please get onto your build team ask them to pay attention. Your reputation for quality is ALWAYS at stake. We have high expectations for KS being refined.

If you could tell me the pitch and length and size of the battery screws and body screws, it would make my life easier. Maybe its past time i dig out a pitch gauge. Freaking dial caliper is on my desk in front of me anyhow.

Again, thank you for the videos, I'm sure it has cleared up confusion for many. The trolley function is VERY slick, well done for sure!

Shane, can you please send me photos of the four places I described in the video, i want to submit this to my team and make sure this doesnt happen again. I hope you get the screws from Jason but if you are in a rush I'm sure your local hardware store has them too. 

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

To the KS rep appearing in the videos (is that you Jack?)  you have become a EUC Forum celebrity in my opinion. :cheers:

Well, he starts off the 2nd video by saying "hey guys its Jack..." so I guess we can now put a face to the name :clap3:which is always nice.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FinRider said:

Jack, would it be possible for you to have the engineers specify the screws that they are using in all the different places?

For example the bolt that holds the pedals is probably a DIN 912 M5 x 16 (or something similar)

This would help us locate the screws at our local hardware store if needed.

Excellent idea! Cross threading with the wrong sized screw would be horrible. No video required @Jack King Song. Just a list.:)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FinRider said:

Well, he starts off the 2nd video by saying "hey guys its Jack..." so I guess we can now put a face to the name :clap3:which is always nice.

I missed that.:thumbup:

50165991257_f485570715_b.jpg

• Like 3

@Jack King Song Can you pls clarify some information about the suspension for us?

Eye to Eye/Socket size. (From one end of the suspension unit to another, start and end at the middle of the bushing holes)

Stroke/Suspension Travel. (How much maximu travel does the stock DNM suspension unit supports, measuring the lower part where the upper part slide unto)

This measurements are best performed on a detached suspension unit. 

And one other thing and this one is the most important. How much travel does the suspension supports? We know that the main body can travel 100mm but how much can the system travel opposed to that. On MTB its usually 2:1 ratio. So in this case the travel would be 100mmx50mm.

This is crucial information that i think many people need to know since many of us will be switching to a higher quality shock. Im even considering getting a coil shock for offroad (altough not a very good idea since they are much easier to bottom out). 

From what i heard the stock suspension unit is EtE: 165mm and Stroke: 35mm. (Correct me if im wrong) If 35mm is the maximum travel of suspension system in the wheel then we have very little options for upgrade. 

If its around 50mm. There should be no problem. Since the standard stroke at that socket size is 38mm.

Thanks for all the help Jack!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

EDIT: Videos being trimmed

Thank you Jack! Really love your response speed and level of customer support you give us. It's details like this that makes me still really want to get a S18 even though it's illegal to ride and import in my country for now.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

it's illegal to ride and import in my country for now.

Welcome to Jakarta to ride with us then! :cheers:

• Like 1

@Jack King Song can you please make a one minute video on how to increase the speed on your app from 12 mph to 20 mph? No one else has done that here. Several have said they’ve done it but no one has explained how to do it. A video would be easier. Thanks. 

gentlemen I’m sure I can figure it out all by myself when I get home tomorrow night but I would much rather know what I’m doing ahead of time so it only takes 15 seconds. I’m sure you can all understand that. Thanks.

Edited by Patton250

7 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I used the DarknessBot to change the speed. I checked the KS app after posting and it would not change the speed.

I started at 51, no 30, no 20 yes , 25 no 21 yes 22 no - 21 it is then. 

Thanks brother. I’ll try it. Still though it’s remarkable stupid we have to do that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Where are you located?

Im in metro detroit area. For whatever reason my package was at "label created" for 7 days before UPS got it, so that's probably what caused it.

• Like 2