King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

1 hour ago, redfoxdude said:

Hahahaha, it definitely doesn't actually stand completely on its own like that. I'm assuming it's cleverly placed stand plus possibly photoshop. Neat effect though, I wanna try to take some shots like that with my wheels! =P

Damn I hoped it could! I figured maybe with it on and the 3 inch wheel it would.

Please excuse my ignorance!

2 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

Damn I hoped it could! I figured maybe with it on and the 3 inch wheel it would.

Please excuse my ignorance!

Ah, you'd need a tire with a pretty darn flat profile to do that. I don't think such a tire would handle very well. A rounder profile is more nimble and fun =] (in my humble opinion, of course)

19 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

At King Song we possess magic...

of photoshop...

You already have my real money - and I would give you photoshop money but I don’t possess your magical wizard like skills. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EUChristian said:

It might if one would completely deflate the tire... But it would still require photoshopping to replace the bottom of the tire with an inflated one.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fryman said:

So you say there's a chance!  :)

Just wait until the s18 isnt new and so expensive. SUrely we've all seen those modified euc of India? You know, the one's where someone nails a bunch of pallets on a wheel. Then they toss in 100's of batteries of questionable quality, and rides it down the dirt path, across an open sewage ditch, between 50 3 wheeled cars to tend to their goats?

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Just wait until the s18 isnt new and so expensive. SUrely we've all seen those modified euc of India? You know, the one's where someone nails a bunch of pallets on a wheel. Then they toss in 100's of batteries of questionable quality, and rides it down the dirt path, across an open sewage ditch, between 50 3 wheeled cars to tend to their goats?

I haven't. Do you have a link?

17 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

I haven't. Do you have a link?

You would put me on the spot. I've been looking but can find the one I was thinking about. It was some random vid I got shared a LONG time ago. Quite impressive ingenuity for having such shit materials. I'll keep looking, as those random vids are sometime quite the gem.

2 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

While I was at it ordering the Mten3, I took another look at the S18 & boy o boy, did it remind me of my ex Ducati Monster S4R.

After 15mins of hummin & haaa'in, the lil' voice inside (which I'm assuming its the Devil, atleast thats what I'm gonna say when wifey finds out) shouted out to me .... JUST DO IT! JUST DO IT! Being the weak man that I am, I easily caved. WTH in for a penny in for a pound!

I hope you ordered both;)

The S18 is a sexy wheel (if slightly "useless"), I do understand you. No regrets!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The S18 is a sexy wheel (if slightly "useless"), I do understand you. No regrets!

That's funny, I would have described as almost the exact opposite. It seems to me as one of the most capable wheels based on the reviews I've seen. What makes you say its useless?

edit: besides range that is

Edited by Mark Wilson

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I am proud to say YES I am a man so YES I did! 

The Devil made me do it...The Devil made me do it...The Devil made me do it....I'm hoping if I can repeat this long enough, I'm start believing it myself. Wifey can't blame if the Devil made me do it! Errr...can she😰

2 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

That's funny, I would have described as almost the exact opposite. It seems to me as one of the most capable wheels based on the reviews I've seen. What makes you say its useless?

edit: besides range that is

Yaa based on the reviews & YT vids, the S18 would seem like THE OFFROAD WEAPON of choice. Which is exactly what I want. Range woulda been nice but a coupla hours in the ruts & bush will tap me out anyways. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

I am proud to say YES I am a man so YES I did! 

The Devil made me do it...The Devil made me do it...The Devil made me do it....I'm hoping if I can repeat this long enough, I'm start believing it myself. Wifey can't blame if the Devil made me do it! Errr...can she😰

Yaa based on the reviews & YT vids, the S18 would seem like THE OFFROAD WEAPON of choice. Which is exactly what I want. Range woulda been nice but a coupla hours in the ruts & bush will tap me out anyways. 

Hooray! I think you will love them both for exactly different reasons... Much credit as you didnt give in to the fear of the wifey. I'm also thinking the s18 will be my offroad weapon of choice. Congrats!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Much credit as you didnt give in to the fear of the wifey

I am not sure if that makes him a strong manly man or a fool. ...... I guess time will tell. ..... Best of luck

4 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I am not sure if that makes him a strong manly man or a fool. ...... I guess time will tell. ..... Best of luck

I'm betting the latter myself 😁

That said, fool or genius, manly or wimpy we all die. I just wanna die with a smile on my face so if that makes me a fool, I'm happy to play the fool forever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Wilson said:

It seems to me as one of the most capable wheels based on the reviews I've seen. What makes you say its useless?

Slightly "useless" (both the slightly and quotes are important) as in: You buy it for the fun and looks and novelty of having the best suspension (for the foreseeable future). As your only wheel or as a wheel with a dedicated "serious" purpose, you would probably get another ("more reasonable") model with more speed, range, power. To me, the S18 is a "you don't need it, but you sure want it" wheel. Like buying a sports car or something like that.

Don't get me wrong, it's only a question of money why I'm not buying an S18, it's sweet.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

..... the S18 is a "you don't need it, but you sure want it" wheel. Like buying a sports car or something like that.

I need it I need it! To me, this S18 is akin to the Ford Raptor meant to conquer the wilds. A gas guzzler for sure, but its darn fun while it lasts for however long. 

Can't have too many sports cars or sport trucks! 😆

• Like 1

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

As your only wheel or as a wheel with a dedicated "serious" purpose, you would probably get another

Speak for yourself! I want to use this wheel for my daily commute...

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 5:48 PM, RockyTop said:

I keep mine separated. One in the Van. One in the hobby room. One at work. One down stairs.

Gotta keep em separated! Now I'm thinking about just keeping my Z10 as a backup with the S18.

Edited by Steef Klonoa
  • Like 3