WaveCut

3 minutes ago, eve said:

I heard Seba talking about 18650 batteries performing better in low temperatures. Thats also another factor. We dont get a lot of snow here so i want to ride in winter too so bigger battery and the 18650 type seems better for me.

I dont know what size your shoes you were but the pedals seem short for me. 

And no its not silly. Not buying a Gotways because of bad shell also isnt silly. I dont see any difference between those two. 

I do want to buy a V11. (If not that then Sherman, EX or Monster Pro). But giving money to company with such bad QC as Gotway doesnt seem as a good idea considering Inmotion provides such good quality products with a focus on safety and comfort. (Dont ask me why i bough an S18 when i knew its gonna be a mess, it was the cheapest of the 3 wheels.) :laughbounce2: 

And its always a good idea to buy a secondary wheel as a first wheel instead of a primary wheel as first wheel. S18 being the niche secondary wheel for fun and V11 being primary considering its a commuter/cruiser.

I know that you can go up to 55 at 80%. But im pretty sure you get 50 up to 30%. @Jonesq But dont quote me on the last one im not 100% sure.

I could've sworn I heard one of the recent reviewers say something about 37kph maximum at 50% which didn't sound right to me, but I wanted to confirm in case it was.

8 hours ago, Oscapuss said:

Will try this and see what happens.  I have a feeling a screw was loose inside and has now snapped.

I sent videos to ewheels and will see what they say.  Not riding it until this gets figured out.  Knocking/clunking sound gets worse each time I use it.  If they don't have any suggestions I might have to open everything up and see if something came loose in there.

Tried it without the saddle...still happening.   This is frustrating. 

4 hours ago, Jonesq said:

I could've sworn I heard one of the recent reviewers say something about 37kph maximum at 50% which didn't sound right to me, but I wanted to confirm in case it was.

Chooch rode his V11 up to 36mph while going downhill at 50% battery. No beeps, no tilt back. You can see it in his latest V11 video on YouTube. 

V11's BMS (battery management system) is lenient if you accelerate steady and slowly. 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonesq said:

At what speed does the V11 begin limiting top speed?

I've seen some recent reviews that IIRC indicate that throttling begins at 50%, limiting top speed to 37kph? 

Can anyone provide specific numbers for the battery levels where throttling begins and the respective max speed?

The V11 was first announced with a pretty standard limit of 50 km/h (31mph) the same as most other high-end 84v wheels, and InMotion guarantees that limit all the way down to 30% battery (which is a fantastic development compared to previous InMotion wheels). Then they later added a surprise bonus of 55 km/h (34 mph) when above 80% battery, which I'd just think of as a nice little bonus versus the fundamental speed rating of the wheel. It has been claimed that they can go even slightly faster/into the mid-30s mph with a light rider traveling downhill and very gradually pushing the top speed, but this is yet to be verified (and certainly should not be someone's deciding factor).

Tl;dr- guaranteed 50km/h (31 mph) all the way down to 30% battery, with a bonus of 55km/h (34 mph) when above 80%. This makes it essentially on par with 84v Gotway wheels which drain to ~30% (before Gotway discontinued them/conceded the 84v high-end market) and actually better than the last couple generations of 2200W King Song wheels (16X, 2200W refresh to 18XL, S18) which now all throttle at 50%.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

Just now, mrelwood said:

Wow. That really is a dangerous oversight at the factory. They might be in a bit of a rush atm. Lucky you opening it up first! This is the first I’ve heard of those screws missing, though some much less crucial ones were missing on mine.

You can check the exact style from the other side, but they are black 4mm hex bolts with a M5 x 14mm thread.

Thanks so much.  I think I can pick up some quicker than getting sent replacements.  I am one of those guys that would take it to home depot and compare it to every bolt until I found one that matched. I agree that was a pretty big quality control issue. You're probably right, I think they are just swamped.  I hope I am the only one that had something that major missing.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robert Barr said:

Heads up.  Glad I took it apart before I tried to ride it.  It is missing the 4 screws that hold one of the side arms and foot pads to the saddle.  From the outside it was being held together by the two screws on the plastic cover near the foot pads.  It all fell apart when I opened it up.  Glad I wasn't riding! 

Random chance anyone know what types of screws those are?

qAn8m3Y.jpg

Take one out from the other side? They will have them in the hardware store for 99%.

29 minutes ago, kurt_hectic said:

Take one out from the other side? They will have them in the hardware store for 99%.

I took two out from the other side to keep it assembled for now.  I got it from EUOC and they were super quick to respond and get the parts in the mail. In the mean time I am going to stock up on some screws / parts and a couple tools for maintenance. 

Edited by Robert Barr

13 hours ago, Robert Barr said:

Thanks so much.  I think I can pick up some quicker than getting sent replacements.  I am one of those guys that would take it to home depot and compare it to every bolt until I found one that matched. I agree that was a pretty big quality control issue. You're probably right, I think they are just swamped.  I hope I am the only one that had something that major missing.  

Could this be the same reason some saddles were breaking at the screws while others seem fine?

1 hour ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

Damn. Every batch seems to be going through something different. Think @Inmotion Global needs to take a big breath, pause their efforts, and take a look at their production line. That's a pretty serious mistake. 

Dang, this really makes me more worried than any other problem.  Quality control was one of the reasons i had not upgraded to a big fat gotway wheel.  Seeing such a catastrophic oversight makes me think i should have just got the Nikola+ weeks ago instead of waiting. Very disappointed to see this from Inmotion

• Like 3

I just switched my deposit from the S18 to the V11 due to production issues. Not really happy to be seeing major hardware not even getting installed on these after running away from the S18 issues. I'm hoping they get all production issues sorted by the time my batch is made! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dgar said:

I hope the weather cooperates and I can get some nice riding days in before it gets too cold and icy.

Exactly why I have decided to wait until late winter to place my order for one.  That and the hope that any further issues can be addressed by then. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dgar said:

Just got a notification from ewheels. It appears my V11 will be in batch 3, expected to arrive in the middle of October. This is going to be a long month! I hope the weather cooperates and I can get some nice riding days in before it gets too cold and icy. Hopefully batch 3 will have good quality control and will have fixed most known issues.

Batch 3 is best. Youll have to wait but your saddle will be fixed atleast.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Robert Barr said:

Heads up.  Glad I took it apart before I tried to ride it.  It is missing the 4 screws that hold one of the side arms and foot pads to the saddle.  From the outside it was being held together by the two screws on the plastic cover near the foot pads.  It all fell apart when I opened it up.  Glad I wasn't riding! 

Random chance anyone know what types of screws those are?

qAn8m3Y.jpg

Really sorry about the missing screws. I have reported the case to our factory. BTW, how did you pull the v11 out of the box? Normally, you can't take it out without the 4 screws that used to fixed the tube.

5 minutes ago, Inmotion Global said:

Really sorry about the missing screws. I have reported the case to our factory. BTW, how did you pull the v11 out of the box? Normally, you can't take it out without the 4 screws that used to fixed the tube.

Just lifted it up and out.  Aside from the weight it was pretty easy to lift up and out of the box.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inmotion Global said:

Wouldn't it be held together from the other 4 screws from the other side when lifting

• Like 1