1 hour ago, Seba said:

Some features of EUC World are not available for wheels made for domestic (Chinese) market. So if you bought your wheel from AliExpress, BangGood or similar seller, this may be the case.

Good to know, thanks. I did buy it from AliExpress, although in 2017 when KS themselves didn’t yet limit their support based on the distributor.

I don’t know if I’m a too stuck with the wording or not, but since the core features may not be available, calling it ”full support” doesn’t sound quite right to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I don’t know if I’m a too stuck with the wording or not, but since the core features may not be available, calling it ”full support” doesn’t sound quite right to me.

But the problem is not with the application, but with this particular wheel that was not supposed to be sold outside of China.

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

But the problem is not with the application, but with this particular wheel that was not supposed to be sold outside of China.

Would the features work if I went to China with my wheel?

10 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Would the features work if I went to China with my wheel?

Market information is encoded into serial number. EUC World is generally not intended to be used in China due to some restrictions on certain Google services (like Google Play) and Android features (like GPS location).

• Like 3

This ridiculous looking thing should be with me any day now. With this app, I should have no trouble seeing my stats and speed while riding :D 

Its the Lemfo LemT and yes it is actually that size. Those fingers haven't been photoshopped on :) It's a full android watch with the Google play store on it etc. It was £115 ($150/EUR 135)

lemfo_lemT.jpg

Edited by Retrovertigo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

This ridiculous looking thing should be with me any day now. With this app, I should have no trouble seeing my stats and speed while riding :D 

Its the Lemfo LemT and yes it is actually that size. Those fingers haven't been photoshopped on :) It's a full android watch with the Google play store on it etc. It was £115 ($150/EUR 135)

lemfo_lemT.jpg

To bad that it runs Android 7.1. 

27 minutes ago, Skrew said:

What happens to Tizen os support?  Any date or not going to be supported? Thanks for your Great work Seba! 

This:I don't know what happened but your money hasn't arrived yet this is my ultimate answer for someone who doesn't even hit the search button.  https://euc.world/supporteucworld

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

Yeah it is a shame, but being a watch and limited processing power etc I'm not too fussed about that at the moment to be honest

But this is a real smartphone with android 8.1, even with NFC. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KP8J8YN

And there is a simpler model, but half the price. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0752BYRHM

Edited by Victor Solovjov
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Victor Solovjov said:

But this is a real smartphone with android 8.1, even with NFC. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KP8J8YN

And there is a simpler model, but half the price. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0752BYRHM

I like the fact that the one I'm getting is a watch so is easy to wear when I'm riding. I don't need to think about how to mount it for easy viewing like I would with either of those :) 

On 2/2/2020 at 4:27 PM, Seba said:

Really great challenge - respect! :cheers:

I love long distance riding. Actually, EUC World started to be my companion in long tours, providing me speech informations about tour progress, alerts and tour tracking. This year I plan to ride entire Green Velo trail (https://greenvelo.pl/en). It will be only half of your distance (~2000 km from map), but I'll only have two weeks to complete this journey.

Wow awesome man!! Only two weeks :o
I took 3 months hahaha.

And I used a Msuper V3 1300wh for it, so only 50km autonomy with 15-20km/h average. Usually did like 100km a day. There was just one day (the part to Valencia) that I woke up at 6 in the morning and arrived 2am in the night and did 204km on a single day.

I also love EUC World using for the long tours, it was a very nice way to share with friends and family where I was.

But how do you do this speech information? I'm very curious to it and tried a bit playing around, but can't get it working. Is the speech coming from the phone or does my EUC needs bluetooth speakers for that?

Good luck on your awesome trip man!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 360Nomad.life said:

Wow awesome man!! Only two weeks :o
I took 3 months hahaha.

Lucky you ;)

And I used a Msuper V3 1300wh for it, so only 50km autonomy with 15-20km/h average. Usually did like 100km a day. There was just one day (the part to Valencia) that I woke up at 6 in the morning and arrived 2am in the night and did 204km on a single day.

I use KS-18XL, but always carry a fast 10 A charger in my backpack. Last year I've done 850 km trip from North to South of Poland in seven days. Each day I was riding for about 120 km, usually with two stops for charging and some rest. This time I will be riding for about 140-150 km a day.

I also love EUC World using for the long tours, it was a very nice way to share with friends and family where I was.

Yeah, and this is why EUC World was created :)

But how do you do this speech information? I'm very curious to it and tried a bit playing around, but can't get it working. Is the speech coming from the phone or does my EUC needs bluetooth speakers for that?

It uses default audio output of your phone. It may be phone speaker, BT earphone or BT speakers of your wheel. I use Sena 10S BT helmet comm set with my full face helmet or Aftershokz Trekz bone conduction BT earphones with open face helmet I wear in warm months. To turn on voice reports & alerts you just need to click speech icon in top right of the screen:

Screenshot_20200204_080853_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg.e78feef2118f98e5c9c67e2dad3572d3.jpg

If everything is OK, you should hear a confirmation beep and "Welcome on board!". But if you have a Samsung phone, it's likely that speech won't work with Samsung Text-To-Speech engine that is installed by default. But this is very easy to resolve:

1. From any home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Scroll to Phone then tap Language & keyboard.
  4. Under Speech tap Text-to-speech output.
  5. Select Google Text-To-Speech engine.

This procedure may look slightly different, but the idea is to switch from Samsung TTS engine to Google TTS engine. After you get welcome prompt when activating speech in EUC World, you can configure it to suit your preferences at settings. For example, you can set what information should be included in periodic voice report and how often should this report be spoken. You can also set up speed, current or temperature alerts etc. You can use Flic button to trigger report any time you need it, so you can set up fairly long period for automatic announcement (I've set up mine for 15 minutes which is good if you listen to the music during your ride) and get report with each click of the button.

Good luck on your awesome trip man!!

Thank you, you too take care!

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Michael D said:

Is that safe? Where can I buy a 10A for my 18XL?

I use custom Electrony C1000 charger I bought in one of Polish stores, but it's not available now. But there is 7A variant - https://nexun.pl/czesci-do-e-bike/ladowarka-20s-84v-7a-588w - it will still require some modifications, like replacement of charging cable with EUC-compatible one. For more info about fast charging please visit this thread:

I bit the bullet, broke down and have a cheapo android phone incoming. WIth no sim cards in it, I assume it wont be comminicating with any cell towers. Its supposed to run android 6(with 2 kinds of some gps chip shit too), I dearly hope EUC world works on this thing? If its a fail, im sure itll make a dandy doorstop. Anything a new android/phone user should do(aside from covering that fingerprint bs), before creating a google account and trying out this app? Sure would be nice to know my mileage, speeds and maybe even have a song or two on it.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I've just tried the app connected with my phone for the first time, and my actual long ride hasn't been recorded? But after I was home and switched the wheel on for a second while I moved it to another room, it recorded just fine?

Is there something I need to check in settings? It doesn't overwrite previous logs/tours unless you tell it otherwise? Cheers

3 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

I've just tried the app connected with my phone for the first time, and my actual long ride hasn't been recorded? But after I was home and switched the wheel on for a second while I moved it to another room, it recorded just fine?

Is there something I need to check in settings? It doesn't overwrite previous logs/tours unless you tell it otherwise? Cheers

Android 10 has now two settings affecting EUC World (background logging)

First is to allow gps allways, not only while in foregroubd/use.

Second is the intelligent battery, pausing/supervising some apps running in background. Can be disabled on a per app basis.

Don't know for older android versions...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

You have to have mobile internet of course.

Yeah I have that switched always on. I'll try again later and see how I go. Also, how else can you donate to your site? When I click on the donate option, all I see are various payment options that I have never heard of? I wanted to use paypal or a credit card if possible. Cheers

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Credit cards payments will be activated within next few days, now I'm waiting for Visa and Mastercard to finish approval process. 

Excellent :) Got tours and logs all working great now as well. So cool seeing your trip mapped out on Google maps :D 

• Like 1