1 minute ago, Seba said:

This delay is unavoidable and there is very simple explanation - button's logic needs to distinguish between single and double click. And it's impossible to do without waiting some time for eventual second click. This is why there is a fixed 0,5 second timeout started with first click/press - if you click button and within this delay you won't click it again, it detects single click. Otherwise, double click is detected or button hold (if button is pressed for second or two, I don't remember now).

This is why @travsformation set horn under double click action. Seems his fingers are lightning fast, so he can make a two consecutive clicks within less that half a second :D In this way double click may be in fact quicker that single click :)

I guess @travsformationis a gamer spamming shoot buttons 😉

I might swap light on/off and horn around. 

It makes sense. Like I said I am very happy with how you have done this in the app @Seba. But now you explained it to me (and others).

Or let me put it this way, I am very impressed with your work. I only hope you keep having an interest in continuing. 👏👍🤩

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Man that is just great, and about trust, i could send you my Z10 no questions asked :D  but, by reading the next reply from @Seba 

And i reply to both @Marty Backe & @Seba i am willing to help all European EUC owners that want to buy a pebble if Marty can send them to me. Heh i'll even print euc.world stickers on the packages with qr code to the site/app :P 

But in order to get this US-to-EU batch order, i must first check on how many people want pebbles from here, the forums, gather up the money, i could chip in for users to help them at first, and then when they arrive here i'll send them to you, for me with ELTA Hellenic post it costs about 5~7€/envelope with tracking ;) 

Then i'll think about buying some to put on ebay, but first things first, help the users of the forum.

This whole project is just an idea, and it can't be put into motion if @Marty Backe isn't able to buy and send a bunch of them.
p.s. don't forget Greek customs, there are fee's that are imposed on parcels from outside the EU, if the package is marked as gift and they see that the sender is an individual and not a company, it may pass thru Greek customs, if it's sent thru a company, fee's are in.. :-/ 

I'm game. I'm aware of customs, etc. I wasn't going to worry about it for "one" that I'd send to you, looking like a thick letter. But if I'm going to send a box than I'd do it properly. The cost for 1-pound is about $20. We'd probably want insurance, etc. So maybe ~$30 to send ~10 watches which is obviously very cheap per watch. The watch, without the band, weighs .7 ounces. 

When you add the watch cost, shipping, and your shipping, these are going to be $40 to $45 watches. If that works, let the planning begin :thumbup:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm game. I'm aware of customs, etc. I wasn't going to worry about it for "one" that I'd send to you, looking like a thick letter. But if I'm going to send a box than I'd do it properly. The cost for 1-pound is about $20. We'd probably want insurance, etc. So maybe ~$30 to send ~10 watches which is obviously very cheap per watch. The watch, without the band, weighs .7 ounces. 

When you add the watch cost, shipping, and your shipping, these are going to be $40 to $45 watches. If that works, let the planning begin :thumbup:

Maybe in order to organize this this properly, a new sub-tread/post is in order!?

edit: maybe post here a group order so we can gather up the people and then order a batch of watches, some for our fellow forum members and the extra to put on ebay europe

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/24-private-sales-secondhand/

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Maybe in order to organize this this properly, a new sub-tread/post is in order!?

edit: maybe post here a group order so we can gather up the people and then order a batch of watches, some for our fellow forum members and the extra to put on ebay europe

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/24-private-sales-secondhand/

I would think this deserves a posting in the General section, to get the most eyeballs.

I'm just acting as a facilitator, so I'm afraid you'll have to take the lead and do most of the heavy lifting. My role will be to get the watches to you. The fine details between us can be worked out in PMs.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Seba said:

Original Flic wasn't bad, but it required additional app which caused entire solution to be unreliable at times - button disconnection was a frequent problem, app crashing was reported too. Seems Flic 2 is a way better than its predecessor, so at least for now I'm happy with it. But yes, still it doesn't comes with decent and sturdy mount for attaching it to belt or backpack strap. This is why i just carry my button in a jacket pocket and press it through fabric. Works very well :) Still, there is a room for DIY solutions we love so much :w00t2:

That was my problem exactly: disconnects and half the time nothing happened when I used the button. Glad Flic 2 has better  response!

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I would think this deserves a posting in the General section, to get the most eyeballs.

I'm just acting as a facilitator, so I'm afraid you'll have to take the lead and do most of the heavy lifting. My role will be to get the watches to you. The fine details between us can be worked out in PMs.

Ok, pm's for more.! Thank you for your trust in this!

• Like 1

@Seba Impressive work on the app, so I do not mean to sound like a spoiled brat for my feedback.

I'm using EUC World on a Samsung Note 10 (Android 10) but every time I lock my phone before putting it in my pocket, it looks like EUC World and the GPS of the phone stop collaborating. The only way for me to get proper tracking of a ride is to keep the phone unlocked which of course does not make much sense while riding (I kept getting all sorts of useless rides posted to my account). Would you have an idea of what setting I need to tweak to get this fixed?
Ride with my phone in hand watching the recording: https://euc.world/tour/582948469171088
Ride with my phone locked every so often: https://euc.world/tour/582947068532297
You can see how the app gets less points of reference from the GPS so it looks I am flying.

Also while I understand your concern for privacy, if the user sets the app to "visible to anyone" it's not very logical that automatic tours are not set to "visible to anyone" on the website. The website is a bit slow and changing the setting is a bit cumbersome since it needs to be done ride by ride.

I like very much the idea of EUC World since I ride so much and tracking myself over time but I need to understand how to make it work :-)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, handrieu said:

'm using EUC World on a Samsung Note 10 (Android 10) but every time I lock my phone before putting it in my pocket, it looks like EUC World and the GPS of the phone stop collaborating. The only way for me to get proper tracking of a ride is to keep the phone unlocked which of course does not make much sense while riding (I kept getting all sorts of useless rides posted to my account). Would you have an idea of what setting I need to tweak to get this fixed?
Ride with my phone in hand watching the recording: https://euc.world/tour/582948469171088
Ride with my phone locked every so often: https://euc.world/tour/582947068532297
You can see how the app gets less points of reference from the GPS so it looks I am flying.

I have the same Phone with Android 10 and with this settings all is working great. 

Screenshot-20200123-234042-Settings.jpg

• Like 2

I've set the same on my oneplus 7 on stock, non rooted, android 9 but still have disconnects or app kills for like 1-2 each 2-3hour ride.. 

Edit : the only time it stays on is when I record a trip, its always running, probably cause its using location for live data. 

Edited by Lefteris

19 hours ago, handrieu said:

I'm using EUC World on a Samsung Note 10 (Android 10) but every time I lock my phone before putting it in my pocket, it looks like EUC World and the GPS of the phone stop collaborating. The only way for me to get proper tracking of a ride is to keep the phone unlocked

Be sure to also have the gps setting right:

pAh1J4f.png

Beside the battery optimization @buell47 already mentioned.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 2

Amazing app. But how do I get the companion app on my Ticwatch Pro??

EDIT: Oh.. Rebooting the watch helped. Fantastic with a Wear App!!!

Edited by kmoon

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

I've been trying to sign up to EUC World, but it isn't sending out the confirmation email so I'm stuck. It isn't in my junk mail, as I have checked. Can anybody help me out? I did email the site but haven't heard back. Cheers

Did you double check even in the SPAM folder?

What email provider do you use, cause in case of Gmail it arrived instantly! 

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

I use Hotmail. Definitely not in spam folder :(

I've found three accounts that have been created yesterday using Hotmail emails. In all cases email was correctly sent and confirmed by Hotmail server, like in this case (probably yours):

6106A1D400B5: to=<removed_for_privacy@hotmail.com>, relay=hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.58.33]:25, delay=2.5, delays=0/0/1.2/1.3, dsn=2.6.0, status=sent (250 2.6.0 <625260f429ae2c4bad28fd3f3935b4f6@euc.world> [InternalId=12408160636027, Hostname=DM6NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com] 17642 bytes in 0.252, 68.309 KB/sec Queued mail for delivery -> 250 2.1.5)

Hotmail received and accepted this mail, so if won't arive soon you should ask their technical support what's going on. Personally I suspect that they assumetd this email as a spam and immediately deleted:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/29131823/Messages-accepted-by-hotmail-but-never-arrives-in-user's-mailbox.html

My advice is to re-register with another email. If you want to use the same username as before, PM me with email you used for previous registration attempt so I can cancel it and make this username available again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I've found three accounts that have been created yesterday using Hotmail emails. In all cases email was correctly sent and confirmed by Hotmail server, like in this case (probably yours):

Hotmail received and accepted this mail, so if won't arive soon you should ask their technical support what's going on. Personally I suspect that they assumetd this email as a spam and immediately deleted:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/29131823/Messages-accepted-by-hotmail-but-never-arrives-in-user's-mailbox.html

My advice is to re-register with another email. If you want to use the same username as before, PM me with email you used for previous registration attempt so I can cancel it and make this username available again.

Ok, I'll try again using my Gmail account. Not too fussed on the same username as it's one of those things where I can never think of a cool one anyway :) Thanks

Edit: yep, worked immediately. Cheers!!

Edited by Retrovertigo
  • Like 3