Searched around and didn't find an answer...

Euc.world makes random, frequent notification sounds for me all the time (even if there are no EUC's nearby to connect to).

It doesn't matter if I have the 'alarms' in the app enabled or disabled.

When I connect successfully to my MSX, I get nuisance notifications when the wheel is moving, but not when the wheel is stopped.

The nuisance notifications stop if I stop the bluetooth connection attempts. (But I want to stay connected, of course.)

Anyone else experience this or find a workaround?

Otherwise works great!

Thx

https://euc.world/tour/583009161482110

App version 1.0.6

Android 8.0.0 sp 01Feb2019, V350ULM10i

EDIT: I mistakenly caused this by manually setting 'high priority' to the EUC.world app notifications in Android... by default it wouldn't be this way. I turned the app priority back to Medium and all is well.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
more info
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:15 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Searched around and didn't find an answer...

Euc.world makes random, frequent notification sounds for me all the time (even if there are no EUC's nearby to connect to).

It doesn't matter if I have the 'alarms' in the app enabled or disabled.

When I connect successfully to my MSX, I get nuisance notifications when the wheel is moving, but not when the wheel is stopped.

The nuisance notifications stop if I stop the bluetooth connection attempts. (But I want to stay connected, of course.)

Anyone else experience this or find a workaround?

Otherwise works great!

Thx

https://euc.world/tour/583009161482110

App version 1.0.6

Android 8.0.0 sp 01Feb2019, V350ULM10i

It would be good if you could record these sounds. There is one sound that is possible to be heard - Bluetooth connection lost warning. It's a periodical beep that will be active while there is no connection with your wheel. But this sound will be active only if you have speech messages turned on and app is trying to connect/reconnect with wheel (wheel icon is blinking).

I have no trouble connecting with EUC World to my KS-16X, but can't seem to connect to my Inmotion V8.
I toggled 'only scan for known devices' off, but still no success.  Is it possible to use more than one device with the same app? :)

9 minutes ago, Tazarinho said:

I have no trouble connecting with EUC World to my KS-16X, but can't seem to connect to my Inmotion V8.
I toggled 'only scan for known devices' off, but still no success.  Is it possible to use more than one device with the same app? :)

Of course it is possible, but you have to perform scan each time you want to switch between wheels. Does your V8 show in scan results? Please also check if there is no Inmotion app running in bacgkround.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buell47 said:
  • You must first disconnect the last connection in the app.
  • Then click on the Bluetooth symbol. Then it will find other wheels.

Thank you, will try this when I get home!

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

Of course it is possible, but you have to perform scan each time you want to switch between wheels. Does your V8 show in scan results? Please also check if there is no Inmotion app running in bacgkround.

I took the V8 out in the weekend, so the other wheel wasn't close by. I did click on the circle to disconnect, but then re-clicked on it thinking that it would perform a scan. I didn't get any results, but perhaps it was only searching for my other wheel. I will try @buell47's suggestion tonight.

Thank you both for your replies!

Hello Folks!
First of all @Seba, thank you so much for this amazing App and your great contribution of our little community of nerds.  :D

My question, does anyone has a clue why I can't use the wheel settings within EUR World 1.0.6 in order to setup or to update my KS-16S (build in Nov.2017, Fw 1.0.9)?
The menu is greyed out Your unicycle is not supported   :confused1:

Thanks & Greets
Borg

vbqO3My.jpg

Just now, buell47 said:

Maybe you have a chinese version? 

Uff, that could be the reason, I'm afraid.  :cry2:
I bought my wheel used, and faced this question already several times...
If so, is there any workaround?

• Like 1

@Seba i have a small request, that is users are able to manually name the tour as it doesn't always detect the actual place that we visit.:blink1:

Spoiler

Tour.thumb.png.58e99c52075da560a643f590dddec5a5.png

SA is Shah Alam which is correct but its a huge city.

Map.thumb.png.c8ecab77015c66bcbcc7e0528dbf4b4d.png

The map says Malaysia Agriculture Park which is also correct but if users are able to name it, for Eg. my case Taman Botani then other users browsing my tour will straight away know the exact location. B) 

Thanks for the great app & online service. :thumbup:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Borg666 said:

Uff, that could be the reason, I'm afraid.  :cry2:
I bought my wheel used, and faced this question already several times...
If so, is there any workaround?

I used to use "Opera browser with free VPN" to update my phone. For some regions, the update came out earlier. Maybe you can also use this trick?

Edited by Victor Solovjov

5 hours ago, Victor Solovjov said:

I used to use "Opera browser with free VPN" to update my phone. For some regions, the update came out earlier. Maybe you can also use this trick?

Unfortunately, I don't think that will work here, the Chinese domestic market vs export units are identified by serial number, so it doesn't matter where you are / the server thinks you are, EUC World won't be able to configure wheel settings for this units

• Like 1

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that will work here, the Chinese domestic market vs export units are identified by serial number, so it doesn't matter where you are / the server thinks you are, EUC World won't be able to configure wheel settings for this units

You want to say that a Chinese man from China, having GotWay for China, who has installed the Euc World application from the apk file on his phone, will not be able to use this application?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

You want to say that a Chinese man from China, having GotWay for China, who has installed the Euc World application from the apc file on his phone, will not be able to use this application?

Doesn't have to be a Chinese man. It can be a European, American or Australian. If you buy a Kingsong wheel that's made for the Chinese market. It will not work with EUCWorld settings. Usually you'll get a wheel that's made for the Chinese market if you buy from AliExpress etc. Buy from your local dealer that has got his wheels from official channels. There shouldn't be any issues using EUCWorld to adjust settings. It's like this for Kingsong, don't know if it is the same for other Chinese brands.

Edit: EUCWorld isn't available in China. Reason for this is because Google Play isn't available there.

Edited by EldARon
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, EldARon said:

It will not work.

You said that euc will not work. But you did not say why it would not work. I don’t know what happens to the euc when an aliexpress sells it and sends it to the United States. Aliexpress does not open the box. Why will the euc not work if the euc does not have its own mobile Internet? After all, the American’s phone is cheating on a Chinese server using VPN from China. How does the Chinese server know that the wheel flew out of China?

• Like 1

Another thing is GPS don't work well in China either. The law only allow a few companies to have precise maps for government use. So they have an algorithm to make a "random" tearing of a map. You can see this on Google maps. 

There might be other restrictions too, but I don't deal with China in that sense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victor Solovjov said:

You want to say that a Chinese man from China, having GotWay for China, who has installed the Euc World application from the apc file on his phone, will not be able to use this application?

No. We're talking about King Song, not Gotway wheels. Both DarknessBot and EUC World won't support King Song wheels that has been manufactured for domestic, Chinese market. And in case of EUC World no VPN will change it, as EUC World is using own firmware server located in Poland. It's completely irrelevand from what IP address you'll try to connect. Target market is encoded in serial number, so to "fool" both DarknessBot or EUC World one should change serial number to "international" one.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Victor Solovjov said:

Thank you so much for  your thoughts on this!  :)
I have to admit, that I find such corporate policy pretty disappointing. Why? My neighbour is a chinese man and a friend of mine works for a company in mainland china - it would be pretty likely that I could buy such a wheel from them. Or imagine any private person is buying such a wheel abroad - the same as if I would buy a Tesla car in the US.
Is it really a good policy that this car wouldn't work correctly if I would haven taken it with me? Certainly not. But anyways...

I just tried following: switched airplane mode on, GPS off, wifi & BT on again (in order to have no 3G/4G, and no GPS connection), activated windscribe VPN and connected to Hongkong (as mainland china wasn't available on that app).

Tried the update process within EUC World, as well as with the latest KS-App: 1.09 is still the latest version - "I know it!"  :angry:
(sorry for this OT!)

Thank you folks!
Regards

Edited by Borg666
  • Like 1

I have been trying to get the speed alerts to go through my Bluetooth headset so I can hear the alarm regardless of wind and traffic noise.  I have set message configuration to speed limit under the voice settings, messages only over BT, and turn on voice messages on start.  I have set my alarm settings to enable alarms and my speed that triggers alarm to 26 mph at 100% battery.  I would prefer a beep but it looks like I am going to get a voice message if I get it to work.  Do the above settings sound right?  So far all I am getting is the normal beeps from the wheel when hitting 26.  

Edited by Joker10

16 hours ago, Joker10 said:

So far all I am getting is the normal beeps from the wheel when hitting 26.  

Could it be that you left the phone at home or did not connect the phone with the wheel?

It is possible that your voice message icon is not painted over, as in screenshot at the top of this page. Tap on it.