On 1/28/2020 at 3:20 AM, vasuvius said:

The Pebble watch from ebay just arrived this evening. Took about 20 minutes to pair to the Pebble app on Android phone and get the Pebble wheellog app working.

What I think I'd like to be able to do:

1. Long press UP button on pebble to: a> Launch Wheellog on pebble (possible) b> Launch EUC app on Android c> EUC app powers on the wheel (default wheel if you have multiple wheels)
  2. Long Press DN button on pebble to: a> Power down the wheel b> Close the EUC app on the phone

This way, I can keep my phone in the pocket and just use the pebble for getting started with or finishing a ride.

Thoughts @Seba ? Is this within the realm of possible or does such capability already exist. 

Thanks,V

On 1/28/2020 at 4:25 AM, vasuvius said:

Did you ever figure this out ? I installed the macrodroid for pebble on the pebble watch and it won't launch at all.

I tried reinstalling macrodroid on pebble from within the Macrodroid app on my phone and that fails. 

My Pebble watch is running firmware v3.12.3

On 1/28/2020 at 4:31 AM, Brendan Halliday said:

Might be worth a separate thread RE this, as I'm having the same issue with Macrodroid with an original kickstarted pebble.

On 1/28/2020 at 4:35 AM, vasuvius said:

I'll start one

Hello guys, i'll reply to that thread right after i check me emails.

Would I need an Android phone to make this work with a Wear OS watch? I use an iPhone but would probably buy a smart watch to get the speed limit alerts through my headphones, or even better, if the watch vibrated when my wheel would normally beep at me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nickysneids said:

Would I need an Android phone to make this work with a Wear OS watch? I use an iPhone but would probably buy a smart watch to get the speed limit alerts through my headphones, or even better, if the watch vibrated when my wheel would normally beep at me.

Any kind of alert comes from the EUC.world android application on the Playstore. If you buy any smartwatch you won't have the things the android users have with your iphone. Instead there is a darknessbot app on the iOS Appstore that works with the applewatch, but i don't have any information on how to use it.

Maybe @Spinski knows more about it..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lefteris said:

Any kind of alert comes from the EUC.world android application on the Playstore. If you buy any smartwatch you won't have the things the android users have with your iphone. Instead there is a darknessbot app on the iOS Appstore that works with the applewatch, but i don't have any information on how to use it.

Maybe @Spinski knows more about it..

Yeah as far as I know the darkness bot app does not support vibrations based on alarms in the phone or to a connected smart watch.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nickysneids said:

Yeah as far as I know the darkness bot app does not support vibrations based on alarms in the phone or to a connected smart watch.

Well you can always get a small cheap android watch-phone like a kospet square one to run the euc.world app directly off the watch-phone, or the best combination would be a cheap CAT phone, that are sturdy hard cased android phones, and a pebble watch and you are good to go! ;) 

I'm having trouble getting EUC.world to graph my data. The CSV file is uploaded automatically, but the data isn't graphed and "tour" isn't logged. I have start and finish tour with connection and loss selected...any help you all can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Evel_Knievel said:

I'm having trouble

We talk about this in developer group. patience plese

Edited by DjPanJan
edit
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Evel_Knievel said:

I'm having trouble getting EUC.world to graph my data. The CSV file is uploaded automatically, but the data isn't graphed and "tour" isn't logged. I have start and finish tour with connection and loss selected...any help you all can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks!

As I stated in 1.06 announcement, this functionality will be available soon. It just needs few days more as I have to make some additional work on server side, but don't worry. All already uploaded CSV logs will be processed.

• Like 3

I logged a bunch of rides before I signed up for EUC World online. Then I signed into the online account and it will record and upload tours going forward. 

But is there any way to create the tour from the log after the fact? I'm not seeing how that is possible, but if all the data is in the log, it should be feasible, right? The logs have now been uploaded and they show up, but no tours.

Please advise if this is possible...

CSV files needs some server-side support wait all be fine retroactively dont wory just w8 and make love :wub:

1 hour ago, ZenRyder said:

I logged a bunch of rides before

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

CSV files needs some server-side support wait all be fine retroactively dont wory just w8 and make love :wub:

Can I change the order of your instructions?

But seriously, are you doing something manually on the server-side because I uploaded them a few days ago (I think) and the only Tours are of me turning on the wheel to test it? No tours from log uploads at all. I actually want to delete all the little logs from turning on the wheel but not going anywhere. I don't need those turned into tours and don't want to waste your space/processing time.

BTW - EUC World is awesome! I'm amazed at how good it is for such a niche market as ours. Impressive. I'm still discovering new features and want to use it to the max of it and my ability. 

On 1/29/2020 at 2:49 PM, Lefteris said:

Well you can always get a small cheap android watch-phone like a kospet square one to run the euc.world app directly off the watch-phone, or the best combination would be a cheap CAT phone, that are sturdy hard cased android phones, and a pebble watch and you are good to go! ;) 

So this is actually what I was originally asking about.. with something like the Kospet Square I could run the app without buying a separate phone right? All I would need is a smart watch with a phone chip built into it?

14 minutes ago, nickysneids said:

So this is actually what I was originally asking about.. with something like the Kospet Square I could run the app without buying a separate phone right? All I would need is a smart watch with a phone chip built into it?

I wouldn't go for Kospet. It would be much better to buy a cheap Android phone and use some kind of armband. Or just use Pebble as a speed readout, any BT earphones/helmet comm for speech messages/alerts and regular phone that can sit safely inside your pocket. With Pebble you will get instant speed readout and one custom action on each button press. With audio messages you'll get all informations and alerts.

Kospet will exhibit disadvantages of both smartwach and phone. It's more a gadget. It will quickly run out of battery, not mentioning that insufficient amounts of CPU power and memory space will make application to work sluggish.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seba said:

I wouldn't go for Kospet. It would be much better to buy a cheap Android phone and use some kind of armband. Or just use Pebble as a speed readout, any BT earphones/helmet comm for speech messages/alerts and regular phone that can sit safely inside your pocket. With Pebble you will get instant speed readout and one custom action on each button press. With audio messages you'll get all informations and alerts.

Kospet will exhibit disadvantages of both smartwach and phone. It's more a gadget. It will quickly run out of battery, not mentioning that insufficient amounts of CPU power and memory space will make application to work sluggish.

Appreciate the response. The essential feature I'm looking for is a vibration on a wrist watch when my MCM5 would normally beep at me (80% motor capacity mark). Regardless of noise or headphones, I would feel that.

I'd consider any option that solves that problem but ideally it would be a situation that doesn't add in more shit to my daily routine, ie. a smart watch I can wear daily. I don't love the idea of buying a separate phone and a watch because then it's just more shit I have to remember every time I leave the house.

Knowing what my ideal goal and essential function is, is there an alternative to the Kospet that might solve my issue? Or is the cheap android + pebble still the best option?

Edit: Would something like this [https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YNV6HGF/ref=twister_B07YNTZXYP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1] serve my needs better?

Edited by nickysneids

1 hour ago, nickysneids said:

Appreciate the response. Buy Ticwatch PRO have ultimate stable suport and separate buton you can stick to eucworld just amazing. You can use NFC pay too.

Edited by DjPanJan
  • Like 1

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do I get the EUC World Signature in this forum? I searched and didn't see any info on it. I get that you need to have a public tour on your Profile. But what is the code that needs to be embedded to provide the signature with the link to your latest tour?

1 hour ago, nickysneids said:

Appreciate the response. The essential feature I'm looking for is a vibration on a wrist watch when my MCM5 would normally beep at me (80% motor capacity mark). Regardless of noise or headphones, I would feel that.

You are right in wanting to be aware of the 80% alarm on Gotways as it's an excellent alarm. But don't forget that if you are looking for vibration on a watch (via EUC world), the alarm on EUC World only has 3 data points AFAIK. The GW alarm on the other hand works (I believe) from a data point for every 0.1v of battery.

For example, if you set a speed warning on EUC world for say 30mph at 100% or below, then set a secondary alarm at 25mph at 50%, if you have 51% battery the 30mph alarm still applies even though in reality that may be too much for the wheel at 51% battery.

The GW 3rd alarm will trigger on a linear scale as battery decreases so it works very well, and is the reason I have spent so much time trying to find a solution on my MSX so that I can always hear it. I believe it sounds louder on the Tesla though.

It would be great if EUC World could interface with the GW alarms then we could get vibration on the Pebble and/or send it via Bluetooth to a speaker (which could be infinitely louder than the GW beeper!).

41 minutes ago, ZenRyder said:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do I get the EUC World Signature in this forum? I searched and didn't see any info on it. I get that you need to have a public tour on your Profile. But what is the code that needs to be embedded to provide the signature with the link to your latest tour?

You have to use following URL as image added to your signature (forum Account settings -> Signature):

You can also add a link your latest public (visible to anyone) tour by adding following link to above image:

That's all :)

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Planemo said:

You are right in wanting to be aware of the 80% alarm on Gotways as it's an excellent alarm. But don't forget that if you are looking for vibration on a watch (via EUC world), the alarm on EUC World only has 3 data points AFAIK. The GW alarm on the other hand works (I believe) from a data point for every 0.1v of battery.

For example, if you set a speed warning on EUC world for say 30mph at 100% or below, then set a secondary alarm at 25mph at 50%, if you have 51% battery the 30mph alarm still applies even though in reality that may be too much for the wheel at 51% battery.

The GW 3rd alarm will trigger on a linear scale as battery decreases so it works very well, and is the reason I have spent so much time trying to find a solution on my MSX so that I can always hear it. I believe it sounds louder on the Tesla though.

It would be great if EUC World could interface with the GW alarms then we could get vibration on the Pebble and/or send it via Bluetooth to a speaker (which could be infinitely louder than the GW beeper!).

Yes you feel my pain! So at the moment it looks like it's not even worth investing in any of these smart watch options if they don't emulate the Gotway alarm properly.

@Seba how hard would it be to program an app to have the same alarm function that the gotway wheels do?

Just now, nickysneids said:

@Seba how hard would it be to program an app to have the same alarm function that the gotway wheels do?

For now I don't think it's possible. First, wheel doesn't transmit any information about alarms being active or not. Second, I don't really know exact alarm algorithm used by Gotway.

5 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Afaik GW wheels do not report alarms.

The only wheel i've heard of reporting alarms was the inmotion (v8).

So EUC world would have to make the same "calculations" as the wheel with the reported (speed, current and voltage) values. ... If this is possible (all necessary values reported (fast) enough?) ... and this should take some time and passion to empiricly study the behaviour of this 80% alarm?

Afair sething like this was once discussed for KS wheels set an alarm according to the voltage dependend speed restriction? Which are reported/can be requested from the KS wheels?

• Like 1