6 minutes ago, Seba said:

For now I don't think it's possible. First, wheel doesn't transmit any information about alarms being active or not. Second, I don't really know exact alarm algorithm used by Gotway.

If we could figure out the algorithm would it be possible?

6 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Afaik GW wheels do not report alarms.

The only wheel i've heard of reporting alarms was the inmotion (v8).

So EUC world would have to make the same "calculations" as the wheel with the reported (speed, current and voltage) values. ... If this is possible (all necessary values reported (fast) enough?) ... and this should take some time and passion to empiricly study the behaviour of this 80% alarm?

Afair sething like this was once discussed for KS wheels set an alarm according to the voltage dependend speed restriction? Which are reported/can be requested from the KS wheels?

I've attached some pic's that demonstrate the way the Gotway wheels calculate max speed and therefore alarm based on battery. I'd be willing to do whatever I can to coordinate some communications between Gotway and @Seba or any app developer willing to gain some info on the algorithim. I don't have a ton of pull in the community but I care a lot about possibly figuring this out, it would be an incredibly advancement in the riding safety of Gotway users.

426EF46D-0952-48AC-BE94-FB18C1289408-7512-000006C9232B0368.PNG

27BE3B37-BB92-4BA3-A3CC-26426FADAE1C-7512-000006C8E04C0BE4.PNG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nickysneids said:

If we could figure out the algorithm would it be possible?

I've attached some pic's that demonstrate the way the Gotway wheels calculate max speed and therefore alarm based on battery. I'd be willing to do whatever I can to coordinate some communications between Gotway and @Seba or any app developer willing to gain some info on the algorithim. I don't have a ton of pull in the community but I care a lot about possibly figuring this out, it would be an incredibly advancement in the riding safety of Gotway users.

Yes the GW linear battery/speed algorithm is about as simple as it gets and yes I did wonder how difficult (or not) it would be to implement this into EUC World but TBH I have never mentioned it to Seba because he has done an awesome job on the app, having spent God knows how many hours for very little financial recompense and quite frankly I didn't want to take the piss by suggesting even more work for him :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nickysneids said:

So at the moment it looks like it's not even worth investing in any of these smart watch options if they don't emulate the Gotway alarm properly.

I would have to disagree strongly on that. EUC World/Pebble combo provides excellent and valuable information which I refer to all the time. To have speed/battery/distance on your wrist is fantastic.

Besides, I also do run EUC world alarms (set conservatively) just in case for whatever reason I don't hear the 80% GW alarm. No they are not ideal but it's still a backup. I would rather have a vibration on my wrist even though the GW alarm may not be triggering at that time, than not get/hear any warnings at all. My MSX on full battery triggers 3rd alarm at 36mph when lifted which is around 33mph when riding. So EUC world is set at:

32mph 100% battery
29mph 50% battery
26mph 20% battery

As I say, these settings are conservative and from testing will usually trigger before the GW 3rd alarm does but I would rather that than something nasty happening. I can live with premature vibrations on my wrist better than broken bones :) 

9 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I would have to disagree strongly on that. EUC World/Pebble combo provides excellent and valuable information which I refer to all the time. To have speed/battery/distance on your wrist is fantastic.

Besides, I also do run EUC world alarms (set conservatively) just in case for whatever reason I don't hear the 80% GW alarm. No they are not ideal but it's still a backup. I would rather have a vibration on my wrist even though the GW alarm may not be triggering at that time, than not get/hear any warnings at all. My MSX on full battery triggers 3rd alarm at 36mph when lifted which is around 33mph when riding. So EUC world is set at:

32mph 100% battery
29mph 50% battery
26mph 20% battery

As I say, these settings are conservative and from testing will usually trigger before the GW 3rd alarm does but I would rather that than something nasty happening. I can live with premature vibrations on my wrist better than broken bones :) 

That's a good point. I suppose it doesn't seem as worth it considering I don't have an android currently. But thanks for all of the info, this gives me some better ideas!

4 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Yes the GW linear battery/speed algorithm is about as simple as it gets and yes I did wonder how difficult (or not) it would be to implement this into EUC World but TBH I have never mentioned it to Seba because he has done an awesome job on the app, having spent God knows how many hours for very little financial recompense and quite frankly I didn't want to take the piss by suggesting even more work for him :)

Yeah I feel that. I just recently found out about the app and this whole thread so I guess I'm a new perspective, but I would definitely pay for an app that had this function, and probably donate to the R&D for it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Seba said:

I also plan to add another feature to EUC World - community driven list of places where you can charge your wheel. Restaurants, pubs, petrol stations etc. I hope to start working on it after I finish Samsung watch support, so it will be ready well before spring riding season starts

Awesome!!! :cheers:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Seba said:

I also plan to add another feature to EUC World - community driven list of places where you can charge your wheel. Restaurants, pubs, petrol stations etc.

Excellent idea! I almost wish I'd have an android phone just to use this feature next summer. I'm planning to do some long distance riding through Europe. Your next feature could be a wheel sharing service for those who like to travel and for those who have multiple wheels. Like AirBnb for EUC. :P

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Seba said:

HEAT MAP

A new feature is now available at main euc.world page - a heat map. This shows "engine heat traces" of our EUCs ;) It's based on fully anonymized data, with removed time/speed data and with spatial resolution reduced to several kilometers. In this way there is no risk to anyone's privacy, yet still we can see many interesting tours... like journey across Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium and Netherlands! :shock2:

heatmap_announce.jpg.6c34be9a3f8c7d7e9dd52b58007bfd15.jpg

Yeah, that was a Dutch guy. Last summer he went from The Netherlands to Portugal on EUC! Nice to see his entire route on the heat map.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Seba said:

This year I plan to ride entire Green Velo trail (https://greenvelo.pl/en). It will be only half of your distance (~2000 km from map), but I'll only have two weeks to complete this journey.

Sounds like a great plan. And thank you for informing me about this trail. If I get holidays fixed right, I'm planning to ride from Helsinki, through the Baltics and through Poland to south of Europe. No exact plan yet, but this trail might fit perfectly to my plans. :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

HAHAHAHA :roflmao:It's great! My wife requested me to put this photo on her laptop Windows desktop :thumbup:

Thanks!  Maybe she likes your new hair style. Your handsome either way. ;)

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Sounds like a great plan. And thank you for informing me about this trail. If I get holidays fixed right, I'm planning to ride from Helsinki, through the Baltics and through Poland to south of Europe. No exact plan yet, but this trail might fit perfectly to my plans. :thumbup:

I'll be glad to help you planning Polish segment :)

• Like 2

Hi @Seba. I'm using the app everyday so thank you for great work!

I have a question: Does King Song protocol allow control of each LED over bluetooth? My country's law says EUC must have direction indicator lights and braking indicator lights... I'm wondering if I can use my 18XL's built-in LEDs for that purpose. Is it possible?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ono Tomoki said:

Hi @Seba. I'm using the app everyday so thank you for great work!

Thank you :)

18 minutes ago, Ono Tomoki said:

I have a question: Does King Song protocol allow control of each LED over bluetooth? My country's law says EUC must have direction indicator lights and braking indicator lights... I'm wondering if I can use my 18XL's built-in LEDs for that purpose. Is it possible?

You already have braking light in KS wheel. The only problem is with turn direction indication - there is no way to fully control LEDs behaviour. It's only possible to select from one of four modes and of course we can define color palette.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ono Tomoki said:

My country's law says EUC must have direction indicator lights and braking indicator lights... 

Have you ever looked into a Lumos Helmet? I have the Lumos Matrix, and it's pretty cool. I attach the bluetooth turn signals to the back of my wristguards and it works well.

1 hour ago, Ono Tomoki said:

My country's law says EUC must have direction indicator lights and braking indicator lights...

Direction indicator lights? :blink:

I'd never heard that as a requirement, anywhere, it's usually (in EU at least) reflective elements or front/rear light

If that is indeed the case, do they forcibly have to be on the wheel? If not, there are remote-controlled helmets, vests and bicycle accessories you might be able to use

Edited by travsformation

On 22/01/2020 at 04:36, Seba said:

Passeios públicos são os passeios com visibilidade definida como "Visível para qualquer pessoa". Mas essa opção se aplica apenas a passeios iniciados manualmente. Se você ativar o rastreamento do tour automaticamente quando a conexão com a roda for estabelecida, seus passeios serão sempre rastreados no modo privado, independentemente dessa configuração. Isso serve para proteger sua privacidade caso você conecte inadvertidamente seu volante (por exemplo, seu EUC World será iniciado e você começará a carregar o volante King Song). Obviamente, você poderá alterar posteriormente a visibilidade de qualquer passeio ou excluí-lo permanentemente, como @The Fat Unicyclist  e @Hansolo  descritos. Lembre-se de que no menu do dispositivo móvel está disponível depois de tocar em três barras horizontais no canto superior direito do site.

tks

Haven’t followed this topic so I don’t know wether this is a known issue.

The latest app version 1.06 advertises ”full Kingsong support”. However, it doesn’t support the 16S for speed settings, calibration, or firmware updates. Seems I can only control the lights and the riding mode.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

The latest app version 1.06 advertises ”full Kingsong support”. However, it doesn’t support the 16S for speed settings, calibration, or firmware updates. Seems I can only control the lights and the riding mode.

Some features of EUC World are not available for wheels made for domestic (Chinese) market. So if you bought your wheel from AliExpress, BangGood or similar seller, this may be the case.

• Like 2