Hooray, it works!20mph is my fav speed( a shade fast in the dark here tho)EucWorlded.thumb.JPG.88381355ce1b30394dd6b98fc04c45f2.JPG. I figure EUC reports the KS speed and i recall it being off by +10% or something? Anyhow, looks promising and I hope I can take advantage of more than just speeds/time/battery. Even if not, I'd say its worth the invest so far. Didnt even have to get a sim card or install a pricey memory card... Small tears may be shed when the 'phone' gets stolen or breaks, but def not worth much. Doesnt get in the way of my legs, nor hit the ground on tip over.  Aside from signing in to google and dealing with the usual bs, it wasnt tough to set up.  Asking for permissions makes me nervous, but luckily this much works (at least) without granting much. Sticky velcro holds it for now. If i like it for a week, I'll think about sewing something on. No annoying watches to wear or snag on clothes, no annoying digging in the pockets. Easy to see at a glance, but the real test comes at high speeds in bright daylight. Thanks for the app, its already MUCH better to look at, than that KS thingymajig app.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Even if not, I'd say its worth the invest so far. Didnt even have to get a sim card or install a pricey memory card... Small tears may be shed when the 'phone' gets stolen or breaks, but def not worth much. Doesnt get in the way of my legs, nor hit the ground on tip over.  No annoying watches to wear or snag on clothes, no annoying digging in the pockets. Easy to see at a glance, but the real test comes at high speeds in bright daylight. Thanks for the app, its already MUCH better to look at, than that KS thingymajig app.

I guess even if its an old phone its Android 5.0 + ??  I have an old SM-G386 laying around but its Android 4.4.2.. i would have been happy to use it only for my wheel but EUC world need Android 5

20 minutes ago, Lavabo said:

old phone

Old android phones with large frames at the top and bottom are especially convenient with such an armband. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-Rotating-Sports-Jogging-Running-Armband-Holder-Wristband-For-iPhone-Samsung/383368772187?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=651823453256&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I figure EUC reports the KS speed and i recall it being off by +10% or something?

It's more like -18%.

KS-18L/XL wheels with 1.x firmware was known to elevate both speed and distance by about 18 %. With 2.0 firmware this changed and the things are more weird now - speed is still elevated by 18%, but distance "only" by about 6 %. So as speed is still inflated by 18% (what makes KS-18L/XL real top speed at 41 kph / 25 mph), distance is much more realistic. This change may create impression that update caused 10 % decrease in range, which is simply not true. It's just change in the way distance is calculated by the firmware.

Users of EUC World can apply -18 % distance correction to KS-18L/XL with 1.x firmware using "General settings" -> "Distance correction" to get real distance. Correction of -6% should be applied to KS-18L/XL updated to 2.0 firmware. Regardless of firmware version -18 % speed correction should be applied for these EUCs regardless of firmware version, but personally I recommend to keep speed uncorrected.

• Like 3

All this sounds GREAT! I've been working on figuring out how the app and settings all go together. I cant get a single gps trace out where I ride mostly, even cell service is unavailable mostly(i dont even have a sim card, but wouldnt matter). My internet is satellite fed and shows up as various locations around the USA, but never near my home. All of this is so new to me, but i have spotted some csv files landing on the server. For the life of me i dont know what they really are, but they do show up. Many thanks for so much dedication to the program, it all still amazes and baffles me. Is there any way to have the speed and current graph, follow user defined for mph and kmh in user settings menu? My old brain likes mph and doing the math in my head is using cells i want to kill with beer.   

Being able to see the password i enter would be nice. Having to enter it on a tiny droid phone attached to an euc is a pita. Im hoping theres an app or settings to auto enter them for me. Security on THIS device is redundant and hurts useablility.

Basic user instructions would be nice for idiots like me. I see a play button, sometimes its a pause, I see a little file with csv in it. The csv icon starts logging? Whats the big button (play) do? DO i have to chase down where the csv is stored in the dinky device and THEN can choose to send to euc.com or not? I keep seeing csv logs on the website, but not sure wtf they mean, as no location or gps data is in them. I surely dont want to auto upload, as most of mine are mistakes of a man who hasnt a clue wtf he's doing. Remember you devs and damn tech nerds, some of us need directions in crayon.  

:update:  woohoo I got a tour to show up. Seriously tho, it seems the big 'play' button is some kind of live tracking that only works when in range of my wifi (i think). I did get gps data to collect too. Since i ride away from wifi, Im going to assume that recording the 'csv' is the proper approach when wifi is gone? I'll keep messing with it, but its pitch black out, snowing and my 'phone' battery can only be charged when i remove it and put it on a bmax. I WILL figure this out, and Im sure seba will be happy when i do, as the harassment will immediately lessen. Hooray for waterproof android devices! Here's me beaming with pride and a REAL tour! Watch out, I may become a tiny part of the community.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

@Seba, Is there an audible alarm on EUC World that mimics the 80% alarm for Gotway wheels? Is this something that could be added? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Edited by Flyboy10

1 minute ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Seba, Is there an audible alarm on EUC World that mimics the 80% alarm for Gotway wheels? Is this something that could be added? Sorry if this has been asked before.

We plan to gather some data that will allow us to precisely mimic this alarm on various Gotway wheels. @Chriull suggested some needed feature to be added to new EUC World version that will help us to "mark" data recorded to CSV file. This however won't be easy task and for sure will take some time, as we will need many users to join this initiative.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

We plan to gather some data that will allow us to precisely mimic this alarm on various Gotway wheels. @Chriull suggested some needed feature to be added to new EUC World version that will help us to "mark" data recorded to CSV file. This however won't be easy task and for sure will take some time, as we will need many users to join this initiative.

I assume you are aware of this?

Numbers for the Nikolas and MSP are not known though.

Or do you want to re-create the 80% alarm with some general formula?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Basic user instructions would be nice for idiots like me. I see a play button, sometimes its a pause, I see a little file with csv in it. The csv icon starts logging? Whats the big button (play) do? DO i have to chase down where the csv is stored in the dinky device and THEN can choose to send to euc.com or not? I keep seeing csv logs on the website, but not sure wtf they mean, as no location or gps data is in them. I surely dont want to auto upload, as most of mine are mistakes of a man who hasnt a clue wtf he's doing. Remember you devs and da

I went in an area without data signal (no signal at all)  and used the csv logging option.  Went back to area with signal but seems the log did not upload to EUC Worlds.   I then connected my phone to my computer and used  http://wheellogviewer.net/  to browse to one CSV file (from phone /EUC World/Logs folder) then they all appeared on https://euc.world/user/logs

I dont know why they were not uploaded by the apps, seems using wheellogviewer did the job for me .

You can then CREATE TOUR from the menu (where OPEN TOUR appear after) - or you can delete them -  i guess the option CREATE TOUR is only available when there is GPS data, cause all my other logs i only have option to delete or download

image.thumb.png.eb2ee79b4c6cc6630d132154ad05c337.png

• Like 2

I am figuring it out so far. I use csv as i dont have cellular service and wifi only works in my yard. Remembering to hit that tiny csv button before starting is kind of tough. It would be nice if a border turned red or something, when logging is active. Went for a blistering cold ride today to see if i could make it out the hood w/o getting run over or fall off the mountain. All went pretty good, tho I DEFINITELY need to learn to stop faster. EUC world app worked just great. I just turned off the csv at the end of the trip and once I got home and wifi found, it auto uploaded. I assume its a sync deal with the storage folder and hope it still uploads if i were to shut off the app after a ride(upon reopen). I didnt want to risk losing my longest tour ever, so I'll try later. Thanks for all the help and the tour tracking is REALLY fun to analyze. I had NO idea the speeds I was maintaining. These mountains sure eat a battery alive!  Wow! 6th for the week (atm) on Fast & Furious leaderboards. I guess "fast" is relative.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

7 hours ago, Seba said:

as we will need many users to join this initiative.

Where/How do I sign up. I hit the beeps a lot when I ride so I can give you plenty of data. However I don't use EUC world on my daily commute but if it's needed so you can collect data I will gladly oblige. Just let me know what I can do to help. 

• Like 1

@Seba i tried taking photos during tours, inserting them after tours at home using broadband but it doesn't let me add to euc.world tours. Then i tried taking photos during tours using euc.world app & it works but its taking alot of my limited data :lol: After that, i downloaded the photos from euc.world (it doesn't have extension like jpg or png, just file name) i edited them, touch up, add text & tried re-upload to euc.world but still it wouldn't insert into tours. Please advice, thanks :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

You can have it record CSV each time the wheel is connected.

Very true and I did try that. I just seem to take a long time to get ready sometimes and didnt want it recording me standing around for 20 minutes. I could always wait to open the app, just before i leave. It would be kinda nice if it could be set to auto start, but didnt actually start until a speed above typical walking was reached? Just little niggles is all, Im sure Ill get the hang of it anyhow. Thanks for the suggestion!

32 minutes ago, yuweng said:

@Seba i tried taking photos during tours, inserting them after tours at home using broadband but it doesn't let me add to euc.world tours. Then i tried taking photos during tours using euc.world app & it works but its taking alot of my limited data :lol: After that, i downloaded the photos from euc.world (it doesn't have extension like jpg or png, just file name) i edited them, touch up, add text & tried re-upload to euc.world but still it wouldn't insert into tours. Please advice, thanks :thumbup:

Photos need to be GPS-tagged so matching routines will know to which point of your tour track it should attach this photo :) Almost every editing app will remove geotagging when saving edited image, so you have to explicitly set your app to preserve GPS data. Also in camera settings you have to enable geotagging, so location data is added to each photo.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Very true and I did try that. I just seem to take a long time to get ready sometimes and didnt want it recording me standing around for 20 minutes. I could always wait to open the app, just before i leave. It would be kinda nice if it could be set to auto start, but didnt actually start until a speed above typical walking was reached? Just little niggles is all, Im sure Ill get the hang of it anyhow. Thanks for the suggestion!

With new 1.0.8 release you will be able to start/pause/resume/stop tour tracking and start/stop CSV logging using connected Flic 2 button or smartwatch. In addition, if you'll have voice messages active, it will readback confirmation. Apart of this, CSV logging is a feature that is intended as a data logger, a kind of "black box". It can be used to create tours offline, but it's not a main application of CSV logs. I plan to improve tour tracking part by adding ability to track it offline in the same way it's now doing online, and syncing with server later.

9 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I assume its a sync deal with the storage folder and hope it still uploads if i were to shut off the app after a ride(upon reopen). I didnt want to risk losing my longest tour ever, so I'll try later.

You don't have to worry. In fact, most actual CSV file sync won't start until you close the app. And you have to keep in mind that syncing takes some time, as this is a low-priority process. Sometimes it may take hours to sync CSV files with the server. Nothing to worry about :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lavabo said:

I dont know why they were not uploaded by the apps, seems using wheellogviewer did the job for me .

Actually it's just a coincidence. Wheellogviewer have nothing to CSV sync :) CSV syncing doesn't work immediately, it takes some time to synchronize - few hours isn't unlikely, so just be patient.

10 hours ago, Lavabo said:

i guess the option CREATE TOUR is only available when there is GPS data, cause all my other logs i only have option to delete or download

Exactly. To create tour from CSV file it have to contain GPS data.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Or do you want to re-create the 80% alarm with some general formula?

Exactly. We want to recreate 80% formula for each wheel as precise as possible.

Awesome Seba, thanks! Just being able to accommodate those of us without cell service is amazing! Even as it stands today, I find it more useful than I had assumed, when i got the cheapo phone. Im quite shocked at the telemetry I am seeing. Even if it isnt extremely precise, its more than the nothing I knew before. Sadly it makes me realize I have can burn off 50% battery in 15 miles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Awesome Seba, thanks! Just being able to accommodate those of us without cell service is amazing! Even as it stands today, I find it more useful than I had assumed, when i got the cheapo phone. Im quite shocked at the telemetry I am seeing. Even if it isnt extremely precise, its more than the nothing I knew before. Sadly it makes me realize I have can burn off 50% battery in 15 miles.

Don't forget that EUC World by default use optimized battery level algorithm. It shows less %, especially if battery is more discharged. You can switch to standard algorithm or even define your own. Optimized algorithm is safer, as when you get 0 % you still have some "gas reserve" for few miles more. So if you want to analyze your telemetry, just skip battery percents  - in King Song and Gotway wheels it's just rough approximate of battery level, based on actual battery voltage. If votage sags because of increased load, battery level will drop also.

I plan to add more sophisticated battery level algorithm in one of next releases, but I still have to gather more real-world data to model this.

Gotcha! I set the top level, but plan on running until the dreaded low battery tilback (never tried that one before) and just logging the app to show that as 0% Im more concerned with useable % over total anyhow. Im sure you have a much better grasp on the best way to go about it, than I. Looking forward to all of these updates, tho i really dont intend on expanding past a single non-cell device. If i could wipe this droid to ONLY handle EUC World, be fine with me.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I'm having an issue where EUC World is losing the GPS data and I'm not sure why.

When I'm prepping to start, I launch the EUC World app, connect to the wheel, and Start the Tour recording. Then I launch the Relive.cc app and start it.

During the ride EUC World is losing the GPS data because it draws a straight line between points on the Tour. But the Relive app is capturing all the data and never loses the location. This seems strange to me because both apps are getting the GPS data from the phone. They both have rights and the signal and data feed should be the same. Why is EUC World not tracking/saving the GPS phone data. This has happen on several of my recent rides.

https://euc.world/tour/583835526927340 - GPS location missing during several sections of the ride

https://www.relive.cc/view/vXvLYMywQ1O - GPS location recorded correctly the entire time

Here are both logs:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15vDiO9-MpR9SLAjMAtgc6ID5xxn6C4GS?usp=sharing

What do you think? EUC World is set to keep the screen open. Is there a way I can fix this behavior in my Android App or phone settings? I REALLY love the EUC World Tour feature, but the results which are missing large sections of the ride leave me wishing it worked correctly?

I'm using a Samsung Note 8 with the latest version of Android. Gotway MSX EUC.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZenRyder said:

I'm having an issue where EUC World is losing the GPS data and I'm not sure why.

When I'm prepping to start, I launch the EUC World app, connect to the wheel, and Start the Tour recording. Then I launch the Relive.cc app and start it.

During the ride EUC World is losing the GPS data because it draws a straight line between points on the Tour. But the Relive app is capturing all the data and never loses the location. This seems strange to me because both apps are getting the GPS data from the phone. They both have rights and the signal and data feed should be the same. Why is EUC World not tracking/saving the GPS phone data. This has happen on several of my recent rides.

https://euc.world/tour/583835526927340 - GPS location missing during several sections of the ride

https://www.relive.cc/view/vXvLYMywQ1O - GPS location recorded correctly the entire time

Here are both logs:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15vDiO9-MpR9SLAjMAtgc6ID5xxn6C4GS?usp=sharing

What do you think? EUC World is set to keep the screen open. Is there a way I can fix this behavior in my Android App or phone settings? I REALLY love the EUC World Tour feature, but the results which are missing large sections of the ride leave me wishing it worked correctly?

I'm using a Samsung Note 8 with the latest version of Android. Gotway MSX EUC.

Thoughts?

Go to settings > apps > look for EUC World and make sure there is no battery optimization enabled, so it doesn't put the app to sleep in the background. That's generally the cause of issues of this sort. On the other hand, once you've got EUC World working correctly, you can connect euc.world to Relive, so you don't have to run both apps at the same time, only EUC World, which will make the battery drain much less. To do so, go to euc.world > your username (the menu first if accessing from a phone) > Profile > Integration > Connect with relive

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Go to settings > apps > look for EUC World and make sure there is no battery optimization enabled, so it doesn't put the app to sleep in the background. That's generally the cause of issues of this sort. On the other hand, once you've got EUC World working correctly, you can connect euc.world to Relive, so you don't have to run both apps at the same time, only EUC World, which will make the battery drain much less. To do so, go to euc.world > your username (the menu first if accessing from a phone) > Profile > Integration > Connect with relive

I checked in there and there is nothing saying that battery optimization is "enabled". But there is no setting for that at all, so I'm not sure what that means. It is not listed as one of the apps that has been put to sleep or causing problems. There are other apps that have been, but not that one. I do have the app running in it's own window so that it floats over other apps. Then if I click the X it goes to the background. But while I'm riding, I leave it running as a floating Window because I always want to see battery levels and speed.

1 hour ago, ZenRyder said:

During the ride EUC World is losing the GPS data because it draws a straight line between points on the Tour.

It's not GPS signal problem but most probably cellular signal problem. When riding in mountain areas or other places with intermittent cellular data connection it's better to log data to CSV and then create tours offline. Currently EUC World doesn't habe data buffering, so any loss of Internet connectivity will cause some path points to be lost.

• Like 2