@Asphalt Standard battery calculation algorithm is pretty close to what the KS app reports, and what you'll see on the wheel. "Optimized" (previously called "realistic") is a more conservative calculation that'll give you extra safety margin, as you'll get speed alarms from the app before wheel tiltback, which can be scary at high speeds. I don't know the specifics of how it's calculated though.

To switch go to Settings >> General settings >> Battery level (select battery level algorithm). The wheel needs to be connected to change this setting :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, travsformation said:

@Asphalt Standard battery calculation algorithm is pretty close to what the KS app reports, and what you'll see on the wheel. "Optimized" (previously called "realistic") is a more conservative calculation that'll give you extra safety margin, as you'll get speed alarms from the app before wheel tiltback, which can be scary at high speeds. I don't know the specifics of how it's calculated though.

To switch go to Settings >> General settings >> Battery level (select battery level algorithm). The wheel needs to be connected to change this setting :)

Thanks for the explanation. Optimized seems very useful. I may just have to get an Android phone!

Are Standard and Optimized battery algorithms specific to the EUC World app? Or are they options that manufacturers or other apps also provide?

On 11/12/2019 at 11:07 AM, Seba said:

Wear OS app will be released next week with EUC World app update.

My first android watch is otw, and I can blame the EUC community for it. Very excited to see if I can track simple things via a $100 fossil and this app.  It looks like an amazing amount of work that must be fueled primarily with passion (as most things in the beginning).  Thank you so much for your efforts Seba, I hope to feel VERY compelled to donate, after giving it all a go! Now i just wonder how hard its gna be to destroy that pesky watch microphone... Gbye warranty!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

3 hours ago, Lefteris said:

And the pebble?

Actually I lost my Pebble a couple of months ago but my replacement is due to arrive today. So I should know very soon.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Aneta said:

How's the Tickwatch readability in direct sunlight?

As long as I turn up the brightness, I can read it in the sunlight. The EUC world app keeps the display on, while in use, which I like, since it's my main reason for getting the Ticwatch E. I'll report on Ticwatch Pro, after I get to use it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JustChris said:

As long as I turn up the brightness, I can read it in the sunlight. The EUC world app keeps the display on, while in use, which I like, since it's my main reason for getting the Ticwatch E. I'll report on Ticwatch Pro, after I get to use it.

Is G-maps navigation even worth considering on a Map? I'm considering getting an arm-band an strapping an compact phone to my wrist for navigation but it's a bit of a conundrum, as I'm often balancing music playing, EUC World and nagivation, and the ideal is for them all to come from the same source, so I get music, audio navigation and EUC world alarms all from the same device. In that sense, can you set navigation from the phone and the watch automatically syncs? And is the screen big enough for it even to be worth it? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Actually I lost my Pebble a couple of months ago but my replacement is due to arrive today. So I should know very soon.

Man.. it's sad to loose a pebble, or even when its broken or something.

I'm also searching for a pebble in good condition, but can't find one in Europe :'( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slashebeest said:

Pebble works perfect with euc world. 

Yes it does. I was answering the question (what I thought the question was), does the Pebble & Android 10 work with EUC World. I'm waiting for my new Pebble to find out. I assume it will.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Is G-maps navigation even worth considering on a Map? I'm considering getting an arm-band an strapping an compact phone to my wrist for navigation but it's a bit of a conundrum, as I'm often balancing music playing, EUC World and nagivation, and the ideal is for them all to come from the same source, so I get music, audio navigation and EUC world alarms all from the same device. In that sense, can you set navigation from the phone and the watch automatically syncs? And is the screen big enough for it even to be worth it? Thanks!

I did this once on a trip out to the airport. It was awesome, I had no idea how to get there but the wheel was loudly calling out directions and it steered me right there. Issues were hearing the directions clearly over the wind noise, getting used to when to turn when it says turn, and that it was a massive drain on the phone battery, which dropped from 100% to zero in about 90 minutes. 

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

The best smartwatch ever made for EUC'ist's

I have one in a drawer, unused. I guess I'd better check it out. I didn't love it as a standard smartwatch, 2 years ago, but I wasn't riding an EUC at the time. Maybe I'll give it another try.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I did this once on a trip out to the airport. It was awesome, I had no idea how to get there but the wheel was loudly calling out directions and it steered me right there. Issues were hearing the directions clearly over the wind noise, getting used to when to turn when it says turn, and that it was a massive drain on the phone battery, which dropped from 100% to zero in about 90 minutes. 

I used Google maps turn by turn dirictions once going to do a surprise visit to a kolleguage when he bought a house. I had never been in the area before. 

The neat thing is that people hear where you are going so they tend to give you more space, or that was happened on my journey. 

Then there are some better solutions that can work in offline mode. Some are paid some are free solutions. I like the kompot (if I type it right, forgot the spelling) but that is a paid solution. The other one is the old Nokia/Microsoft solution  called Here. I guess the apps can work differently depending region you use them. I have had this connected to my BT mc headset in my MC helmet. I have though used my TSG pass helmet more as I hear traffic better in that. The mc helmet feels more like sitting in a car, you can't hear sound from the outside that well. At least not with my helmet. 

But the good part is the BT readout from euc.world is brilliant if you have no other means to keep track of your speed and load on the wheel. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JustChris said:

EUC world app keeps the display on, while in use,

Oh.... I hope this will not the case with the Tizen EUC World App?  @Seba

I love the auto-on function if I look at the watch. 

11 hours ago, travsformation said:

For offroad riding Google maps is nearly useless. I use Komoot (full paid version) (@Unventor   KOMOOT :D) and it's fantastic on smartphone and also on the Samsung Galaxy Watch. Before I had the watch, I had always my Smartphone in my hands. Navigation, Music control and WheelLog. Now I can ride unknown tours and control music (native music app, Spotify, DI.FM, etc., with the watch while riding and my phone is 95% in my pocket. Only EUC World App is missing, but I can at least read the current GPS speed and average riding speed all the time on the Komoot screen. 

Did you read this? 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Oh.... I hope this will not the case with the Tizen EUC World App?  @Seba

I love the auto-on function if I look at the watch. 

I think it only happens this way because I've set it to do so. I'm pretty sure it's just a setting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustChris said:

I have one in a drawer, unused. I guess I'd better check it out. I didn't love it as a standard smartwatch, 2 years ago, but I wasn't riding an EUC at the time. Maybe I'll give it another try.

An unused Pebble is a sad thing to hear. Let us know if you don't want it :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JustChris said:

Does anyone know if a 1st Gen Pebble will run the EUC World app?

yes Seba have video tutorial use search is here in tread

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DjPanJan said:

yes Seba have video tutorial use search is here in tread

This will work both with WheelLog and EUC World:

• Like 3