I have 'tour tracking' setting to start when wheel is connected and finish when wheel connection is lost.

All my tours are 0km. I have log settings set to 'Auto log' as well. 

What am I doing wrong ? How is logging different from tour tracking ? 

Thanks,V

6 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

Have you canceled the optimization of this application in the battery settings?

Screenshot_20200110-230650.jpg

Thank you. I had not. I just did. I just went on a ride for 5.4 miles and while all the ride stats are correct, the tour tracking shows it was only .559 miles. 

I guess background GPS use was restricted. I also need to set to have 'always' access to location services.

5 hours ago, Seba said:

Some news from EUC World development site.

ks_support_euc_world_2.thumb.png.3be498037f735124a0d1b12e868c9294.png

1. "Custom battery levels" feature will allow for entering voltages by hand. Still, recommended method will be to use actual battery level to set threshold values, but more experienced users will be able to just enter voltages for 0 % and 100 % levels. I hope this will satisfy everyone, including @Victor Solovjov;)

2. Speed alerts & tiltback speed. It couldn't be easier. Use sliders or type desired speed from soft keyboard of your phone. More, if you're using speec correction it will be applied automatically so all speeds in EUC World app will be corrected and will be consistent.

3, Password. If set will protect from making any unathorized changes to wheel configuration. So this is a kind of a safety measure, but I wouldn't overrate it. And every KS user that wants to protect his wheel with password is strongly encouraged to remove serial number sticker from pedals . Why? Because serial number acts as a backup password... :facepalm: And no, I didn't make it up.

4. Calibration. Again, it couldn't be easier.

And finally, it just works! Everytime! B) Now I'll try to focus on firmware upgrade, because there is a little chance that you won't have to wait to the end of month as I planned. So keep your fingers crossed....

Fantastic @Seba. I'm really excited to try this version. And my replacement Pebble watch is due to arrive Monday. I'll be experimenting.

:cheers:

P.s. Are you auto-updating the version that's in the Playstore so that we'll automatically get this version? The Playstore version is currently 1.0.4

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

Hi @Seba,

I might have had a good additional idea. Unfortunately, there is no more charge doctor and the adjustable fast charger from eWheels and 1radwerkstatt are not very good, because the 90% charge switches off too early at 80-81V.

Can you add a battery alarm option that triggers an alarm at an adjustable voltage when the battery voltage reaches a certain value (e.g. 82V) during charging. 

You will be notified of the desired charging status via the Bluetooth paired smartphone or the Bluetooth speakers in the wheel and you can end the charging process manually.

If you're still bored, you can perfect the whole thing with IFTT and a smarthome power outlet. :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

@Seba, I was testing FW 2.0 on the 18XL yesterday, and towards the end of the ride, I was getting a fair amount of (battery-dependent) speed alarms. My settings are 45 km/h at 30% battery and 35 km/h at 20% battery. These were set based on this graph, and from a (perhaps overly) cautious perspective:

Speed-Battery-Level-1.png

I'm using the "optimized" (previously know as "realistic") battery calculation algorithm, and according to EUC World, I set off with 57% battery/ 76.9V, and ended the ride (13 km later) with 34% / 73.4V. 

The "issue" (if you can call it that) that I had was that voltage drops quickly when in motion, so from 34% battery at idle, I was often down to 21% battery / 70.8V when in motion,  meaning that I was getting a lot of 35 km/h speed alarms. I guess my question is: with voltage fluctuating so drastically while riding, how representative is it in terms of actual battery level / safety margin?

I was considering changing the battery algorithm to "standard", but since FW 2.0 isn't proven yet, I'd rather err on the side of caution and stick with "optimized". I might change speed alarms though: maybe 40 km/h at 20% battery and 35 km/h at 15%? What do you think? Thanks!

15 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Hi @Seba,

I might have had a good additional idea. Unfortunately, there is no more charge doctor and the adjustable fast charger from eWheels and 1radwerkstatt are not very good, because the 90% charge switches off too early at 80-81V.

Can you add a battery alarm option that triggers an alarm at an adjustable voltage when the battery voltage reaches a certain value (e.g. 82V) during charging. 

You will be notified of the desired charging status via the Bluetooth paired smartphone or the Bluetooth speakers in the wheel and you can end the charging process manually.

If you're still bored, you can perfect the whole thing with IFTT and a smarthome power outlet. :efee612b4b:

That's because you charge with 5amps, put it at 1amp and your wheel will charge right at 90%

24 minutes ago, buell47 said:

You could probably achieve that by leaving the wheel on and EUC world open while charging, and setting a battery-dependent speed alarm to 0 km/h and 90% battery.

But I've heard only good things about 1radwerkstatt. Could it be that it's not stopping the charge but trickle charging?

Edited by travsformation

1 hour ago, Slashebeest said:

That's because you charge with 5amps, put it at 1amp and your wheel will charge right at 90%

Yes the current influences this of course, but even at 1A I can't reach the 82V I would like to have. This is enough for me to save the battery. At 1A I reach 80.9V 81,2V. At 5A I reach only 78,4V 80,1V. But I didn't buy a fast charger to charge a 1600wh battery with 1A. Because then the battery is still charging when I want to start the next day. :laughbounce2:

Edited by buell47

9 minutes ago, travsformation said:

But I've heard only good things about 1radwerkstatt. Could it be that it's not stopping the charge but trickle charging?

The charger stop the charging completely, no trickle charge. 

9 minutes ago, Seba said:

That's already the plan for feature in EUC World. It will make use of stock TP-Link HS110 smartplug. You'll be able to monitor and control entire charging process, including remote charger disconnetion. It's scheduled to be developed right after Samsung watch support.

So you need this special smart plug? Or does it work with other brands as well? 

1 minute ago, buell47 said:

So you need this special smart plug? Or does it work with other brands as well? 

For now only this one, because I don't want to use IFTT. I prefer local, direct connection. But it won't be required if you just want to monitor your EUC voltage and make alarm. It will however help you to monitor power usage, estimate charge pushed into the battery and physically disconnect charger without manual intervention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

It will however help you to monitor power usage, estimate charge pushed into the battery and physically disconnect charger without manual intervention.

Yes, I have a smart plugs from Tuya / Smart Life with monitoring power consumption, but they only show me the AC power outlet voltage and the consumption of the charger. But you can't determine the charging power and battery voltage. So if EUC App is not connected, I cannot see how full the battery is to disconnect it at about 82V.

1 hour ago, Seba said:

But it won't be required if you just want to monitor your EUC voltage and make alarm.

Yes, I want this function, does it already work with tricks?

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

You could probably achieve that by leaving the wheel on and EUC world open while charging, and setting a battery-dependent speed alarm to 0 km/h and 90% battery.

I've tried, but it's not working.

8 minutes ago, buell47 said:

@Seba is EUC World App running on Samsung Galaxy with Android 10, or any known problems?

I don't know, but ask @Lefteris. IIRC he reported some problem with Android 10 on Samsung, but now I don't remember details.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, buell47 said:

@Seba is EUC World App running on Samsung Galaxy with Android 10, or any known problems?

I have the Samsung Galaxy 10+ running Android 10. EUC World works fine on my phone (for the functions that I've tried).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, buell47 said:

Great, I have Note 10+. :thumbup: Is the King Song App also running? Need it until Seba has done the new EUC World App. 

All my wheel apps (including KS) work.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seba said:

That's already the plan for feature in EUC World. It will make use of stock TP-Link HS110 smartplug. You'll be able to monitor and control entire charging process, including remote charger disconnetion. It's scheduled to be developed right after Samsung watch support.

Awesome @Seba !!!! I was about to ask for it too ! Also do you think it will be possible to setup and call URL of my choice periodically and at the end of charge ? Possibly with variables inside (charge, voltage,etc) ? because this will open a brand new door to home automation controllers's world !

On 1/7/2020 at 4:25 AM, Pedro Capitão said:

And Tickwatch smartwatch - is any version supported or not?

I'm using a Ticwatch E, and it works very well with EUC World. I like it so much that I have a Ticwatch Pro on it's way to me tomorrow.