Nice work @Seba :thumbup:

So far I've only found one or two bugs with my 16X:

1. When connecting there are 6-7 fast beeps, is that normal? At least more than with the KS App.
  2. Music LEDs mode - Not working. Switching between Beating - Flashing - Breathing is possible, but nothing changes. The mode that was set via KS App remains set.

UPDATE: Enlightened by Seba
Tip:
After updating to 1.0.6 the following settings were greyed out:

1. Battery level
  2. Custom battery level
  3. Wheel speed correction
  4. Wheel distance correction

After clearing the cache and deleting data these settings were displayed again.

Probably not a bug (also missing in the KS App), hence a wish: :wub:
In Headlight mode there are only:

1. OFF
  2. ON (= full High + Low Beam)
  3. AUTO (= dimmed low Beam at standstill, full Low Beam from start til 10 km/h, full Low + High Beam over 10 km/h)

Is it possible to program these modes as well?

1. only full High Beam on
  2. only full Low Beam on

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

Just now, Seba said:
11 minutes ago, buell47 said:

After updating to 1.0.6 the following settings were greyed out:

1. Battery level
  2. Custom battery level
  3. Wheel speed correction
  4. Wheel distance correction

After clearing the cache and deleting data these settings were displayed again.

They were greyed out because you had tour tracking or CSV logging active. This is intentional, to disallow changing settings that would make tracked/logged data invalid. Imagine you're mid tour and you have 40 % battery left and 6 km of distance. Then change battery level algorithm from standard to optimal and your battery will drop. The same with distance correction; if you apply correction your distance will suddenly change. Clearing cache/deleting data wasn't needed. In fact, it would be a catastrophy if you would be during a firmware update. Don't ever go that way - it won't work with EUC World

They're also greyed out if the wheel isn't connected, now that these are per-wheel settings, saved for each individual EUC you own, right?

• Like 1

thanks for the update, great work.

After playing around with the horn option and the pebble classic, i got again some questions :innocent1:

gauge settings work great. but under watchsettings, single/double/tap&hold seems to be for touchscreen watches only. could the Pebble users get an 'alternative button mode' or 3 free programable buttons. where e.g the upper button alternates speed/info screens, middle button - horn, lower button - light. putting the lock/unlock/offswitch feature on a button may be a bit unsafe but if a 3x or 5x fast press (like on ecigs) is programable it would be a nice feature.  :)

i normaly drive without Kingsongmusic connected as i hate, the bluetooth connected/disconnected warning messages. i use 1 earpod for music from my iphone, my cheap android phone is stored in the backpack (with sounds disabled). thanks to macrodroid starting EUC World and reconnecting from the Pebble works again. did some macros for standard startup without kingsongmusic, one with speakers connected and another to disconnect them again. the problem i encounter is that if i set the watch-hornmode in EUC World to 'via bluetooth audio' but kingsong music is not connected there is, ofc, no horn. but could you maybe add some option like "fall back to on-board if bluetooth audio got disconnected". so that you at least get an onboard-beep instead of no honk at all.

planing to get rid of my bikebell if that all works out, loving it.

4 minutes ago, Seba said:

They were greyed out because you had tour tracking or CSV logging active. This is intentional, to disallow changing settings that would make tracked/logged data invalid. Imagine you're mid tour and you have 40 % battery left and 6 km of distance. Then change battery level algorithm from standard to optimal and your battery will drop. The same with distance correction; if you apply correction your distance will suddenly change. Clearing cache/deleting data wasn't needed. In fact, it would be a catastrophy if you would be during a firmware update. Don't ever go that way - it won't work with EUC World

Yeah, you're right as usual! :whistling:

5 minutes ago, Seba said:

Unfortunately no, at least as I know. It's hardcoded in firmware :(

I didn't expect a different answer, but I thought I could give it a try. :w00t2:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

gauge settings work great. but under watchsettings, single/double/tap&hold seems to be for touchscreen watches only. could the Pebble users get an 'alternative button mode' or 3 free programable buttons. where e.g the upper button alternates speed/info screens, middle button - horn, lower button - light. putting the lock/unlock/offswitch feature on a button may be a bit unsafe but if a 3x or 5x fast press (like on ecigs) is programable it would be a nice feature.  :)

EUC World makes use of WheelLog Pebble app, so only button press action is available.

3 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

i normaly drive without Kingsongmusic connected as i hate, the bluetooth connected/disconnected warning messages.

You can turn off GPS & Bluetooth status messages in speech settings.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I didn't expect a different answer, but I thought I could give it a try. :w00t2:

Sorry, let me try again: "...but I can recommend you a nice and versatile hand torch!" Better now? :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Music LEDs mode - Not working. Switching between Beating - Flashing - Breathing is possible, but nothing changes. The mode that was set via KS App remains set.

@Seba I can confirm this. "Riding LEDs" work fine (on/off/different modes) but music mode doesn't. It gives a preview of what the effect will look like, but doesn't stay when music is actually played.

4 minutes ago, Seba said:

EUC World makes use of WheelLog Pebble app, so only button press action is available.

can i still keep dreaming of a future EUC World Pepple app ? :) 

5 minutes ago, Seba said:

haven't tried that in a while as the KS app got only rid of the 'please decelerate' messages. great if that works now, thanks

• Like 1

Just now, Blunzn said:
7 minutes ago, Seba said:

haven't tried that in a while as the KS app got only rid of the 'please decelerate' messages. great if that works now, thanks

Oh, I though you meant speech messages from app. No, wheel announcements can't be configured :(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, travsformation said:

@Seba I can confirm this. "Riding LEDs" work fine (on/off/different modes) but music mode doesn't. It gives a preview of what the effect will look like, but doesn't stay when music is actually played.

No, the preview is always the same. It's the preview which is set. 

12 minutes ago, buell47 said:

No, the preview is always the same. It's the preview which is set. 

In my case, with the 18XL, I can't seem to get consistent results. Sometimes it displays the preview (breathing is correct, flashing is inconsistent, beating is sometimes beating and sometimes rotating), but then the mode "doesn't stick", and no effects are shown during music playback (only battery level). Other times, it doesn't display the preview. Others music mode works when left in auto, but others it doesn't. Who knows...

But not very important to me, as I don't really use it. And I reckon that with configuring it once from the KS app, then not touching it in EUC world, it's fine until it's eventually fixed. No hurry, in my case at least

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Meulebeest said:

[...]

As you know some of us are restricted by law (see sheet) - and by country, and publication to a (foreign) authority, just opening up for discussions if they are not needed - nah .. thank you.

[...]

I've added Greece and wrote some stuff on the right side. Hope more people contribute.

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

Music LEDs mode - Not working. Switching between Beating - Flashing - Breathing is possible, but nothing changes. The mode that was set via KS App remains set.

Bug confirmed - in fact, this option changed riding LEDs mode... :facepalm: Fixed in my development version. I'll wait few days for any other eventual bugs to be reported and will release an update.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Seba said:

Bug confirmed - in fact, this option changed riding LEDs mode... :facepalm: Fixed in my development version. I'll wait few days for any other eventual bugs to be reported and will release an update.

Thanks for such a great app and work, as usual from you! 

Would it be possible to downgrade the firmware version of KS wheels in the near future also?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:

Thanks for such a great app and work, as usual from you! 

Would it be possible to downgrade the firmware version of KS wheels in the near future also?

Thank you! Firmware downgrade is technically possible, but I would rather think about it as a last resort, "112" emergency call than a regular feature. So in general no, there will be no "Downgrade" button, but I don't say that such option won't be available at all.

• Like 3

This time new feature at euc.world website :) Small thing, but eye appealing - gallery of public tour images. Now we can see the beautiful places in different parts of the globe, visited by EUC World users that were so kind to make their tours public. Gallery is available on main euc.world page, but is available after you sign in. Enjoy! :)

• Like 3

amazing feature, thank you for making our daily experience better! 

please, keep up the good work!

man.. i remember this map having like less than 10 riders on it.. and look at it now.!!!!! amazing!!!

1425620764_Screenshot2020-01-18at18_58_51.thumb.png.896226d373f0121826d5f3564aeac27f.png

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 2

@Seba if I recall right you have a Samsung phone. Do you know if the horn function can be set up to work with the bixby button? It seems my flick2 button are taking time to get shipped. 

15 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Seba if I recall right you have a Samsung phone. Do you know if the horn function can be set up to work with the bixby button? It seems my flick2 button are taking time to get shipped. 

Samsung I have doesn't have a Bixby button. But I made a quick research and seems that Samsung is doing everything it can to make this button difficult to use:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43299480/how-to-receive-a-bixby-button-press-event-even-if-my-app-is-not-in-front

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Especially that you're one of the heroes of this photo story... :whistling::D

Yeah, I remember that too. Now, after a year of work I'm happy that my efforts are valued by other EUCists. This is very motivating :)

I don't know what you are saying, it's day two with scotch on my hand, i'm not feeling well :P 

I want to know who are those 3-4 people in the far Japan, if you see this please respond with your wheel models and location, i love your country and i want to know what do EUC'ists visit at your place.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

+

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Samsung I have doesn't have a Bixby button. But I made a quick research and seems that Samsung is doing everything it can to make this button difficult to use:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43299480/how-to-receive-a-bixby-button-press-event-even-if-my-app-is-not-in-front

You can make an event on MacroDroid to grab the input and redirect it to something else, maybe by also including AutoInput as a plugin.

edit: maybe by following a guide like that :

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/8s120p/using_bixby_button_to_toggle_nfc/

that grabs the button and toggles NFC !?!?

Edited by Lefteris
edit for the edit :P