4 hours ago, nsauk said:

my GPS speed is so unreliable

I have never had problems with GPS speed in a hacked TomTom in my Android phone OnePlus 3T and in the dashcam as an application (DailyRoads Voyager) in the same phone. Maybe the inaccuracy of GPS depends on the application?

I am not saying that it is Seba's fault. He only improves this app.

Edited by Victor Solovjov
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, nsauk said:

I continue to insist that the maximum speed on GPS should not be considered the maximum speed of the trip.

I'll just add boths GPS and EUC values in the tour header. I think it's best solution.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Seba said:

I'm very happy that I can finally announce that EUC World will provide full support for King Song wheels :thumbup:

giphy.gif

Nice one Seba! You've saved us from ever having to use that piece of sh*t KS app again! THANK YOU!!!

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Hello!

I'm very happy that I can finally announce that EUC World will provide full support for King Song wheels :thumbup: In just a few days EUC World users riding on King Song EUCs will be able to forget problematic KS Android application and stick to EUC World. I already planned to make this support at some time, but thanks to @Jason McNeil and King Song I was able to make it happen much sooner.

Now EUC World is being tested and polished. I plan to release this version in mid of January. It will include complete KS support except of firmware upgrading, which will require more work and testing. I plan to add firmware updating in another release at the end of January. Beside of KS support, there will be many new features and improvements. I think that upcoming 1.0.6 version will make you happy and it will be easier to wait for the beginning of spring riding season :D

Adding King Song support was a priority task, as being a KS user I'm perfectly aware how problematic the original Android app was and how important was to provide working alternative. This is why I decided to delay Samsung watch support a bit in favour of KS support. This however won't be a big delay; I expect Samsunh watch support to be ready at the end of February.

BTW So bad I'm not an exhibitor at CES 2020... :whistling:

ks_support_euc_world.thumb.png.24cb7068013530ec7a6538b6c1489740.png

Dude, this is just really awesome work and news ! Thanks so much !!!!

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 6:02 AM, Victor Solovjov said:

I have never had problems with GPS speed

I think you just don't pay attention to some inaccuracies.

23 hours ago, Seba said:

I think it's best solution.

But why do you think GPS speed is significant enough to be taken into account in the role of maximum speed at all? Next picture (part of this morning) show at least two zones with large errors in measuring location by GPS. I was riding on the sidewalk and didn't get into the road, let alone cross it in a zigzag:

2020-01-07_11-55-11.png

I've played Ingress (GPS-based online game) for 5 years on OnePlus One and Mi Mix 2 (on Snapdragon 8xx chips both) and noticed that the accuracy of GPS location measurement has a stable error of a few meters. Sometimes I used phones with MTK chips and saw errors of tens of meters. Now let's think about how GPS counts speed. It takes two inaccurately calculated locations and divides the distance between them by time, right? GPS uses complicated smoothing algorithms to bring the measured data closer to the real one. So why do we think this error is less significant than when measuring the speed of the wheel controller that has instant data about spinning?

17 hours ago, Seba said:

Hello!

I'm very happy that I can finally announce that EUC World will provide full support for King Song wheels :thumbup: In just a few days EUC World users riding on King Song EUCs will be able to forget problematic KS Android application and stick to EUC World. I already planned to make this support at some time, but thanks to @Jason McNeil and King Song I was able to make it happen much sooner.

Now EUC World is being tested and polished. I plan to release this version in mid of January. It will include complete KS support except of firmware upgrading, which will require more work and testing. I plan to add firmware updating in another release at the end of January. Beside of KS support, there will be many new features and improvements. I think that upcoming 1.0.6 version will make you happy and it will be easier to wait for the beginning of spring riding season :D

Adding King Song support was a priority task, as being a KS user I'm perfectly aware how problematic the original Android app was and how important was to provide working alternative. This is why I decided to delay Samsung watch support a bit in favour of KS support. This however won't be a big delay; I expect Samsunh watch support to be ready at the end of February.

BTW So bad I'm not an exhibitor at CES 2020... :whistling:

ks_support_euc_world.thumb.png.24cb7068013530ec7a6538b6c1489740.png

Hi, nice to hear that from you... and thanks, I'm  a KS (KS16s) user too...and how is going on Garmin smartwatches support?

And Tickwatch smartwatch - is any version supported or not?

4 hours ago, nsauk said:

But why do you think GPS speed is significant enough to be taken into account in the role of maximum speed at all?

Riders who ride on asphalt really do not want to fall. Off-road riders fall several times per ride. They don't really care about accident-free riding. Question. How to get the real maximum speed for off-road driving if the wheel spins several times to the maximum, remaining in place?

If you swipe up on the main screen of the application, the screen for GPS speed will appear. But on this second screen there is no Top Speed. Instead of Top Speed there is Ride Time. We just need two identical screens for wheel speed and GPS speed.

Edited by Victor Solovjov

4 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

How to get the real maximum speed for off-road driving if the wheel spins several times to the maximum, remaining in place?

It can be assumed that the max speed of a bare wheel (without a rider) is in any case greater than the max speed of a wheel with rider.

Then we can use user-defined max speed or better aggregate data from previous rides (for the same wheel, not just account, of course) to reject values which looks like speed of bare wheel.

9 minutes ago, nsauk said:

It can be assumed that the max speed of a bare wheel (without a rider) is in any case greater than the max speed of a wheel with rider.

Then we can use user-defined max speed or better aggregate data from previous rides (for the same wheel, not just account, of course) to reject values which looks like speed of bare wheel.

I guess that you did not swipe up on the first screen and do not know that there is also an almost identical screen for GPS speed.

@Victor Solovjov I know about screen for GPS speed, and I've read request or sort of in this thread sometime ago. Also I've replied to your post at 13:27 UTC, before you added last line at 13:32 UTC.

My posts are related to things displayed at euc.world website. There the max speed is displayed according to GPS data, the speed graph is colored according to GPS data, and I dispute about expediency of this approach here.

Edited by nsauk

4 minutes ago, nsauk said:

My posts are related to things displayed at euc.world website. There the max speed is displayed according to GPS data, the speed graph is colored according to GPS data, and I dispute about expediency of this approach here.

And I'm talking about instant information from the application during the trip or immediately after it. Without opening the Internet site in your phone or computer and without conducting research and comparisons.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:16 PM, Victor Solovjov said:

Riders who ride on asphalt really do not want to fall. Off-road riders fall several times per ride. They don't really care about accident-free riding. Question. How to get the real maximum speed for off-road driving if the wheel spins several times to the maximum, remaining in place?

If you swipe up on the main screen of the application, the screen for GPS speed will appear. But on this second screen there is no Top Speed. Instead of Top Speed there is Ride Time. We just need two identical screens for wheel speed and GPS speed.

Wouldn't it be much easier to try not to fall so much?:efefa6edcf:

I do most of my riding off-road, and although I tackle some pretty harsh terrain and occasionally enjoy pushing my limits, falls / bails / emergency dismounts are still a rare occurrence. And when they do happen, I'm not particularly bothered by how they disrupt my max. speed data because speed isn't my top priority, particularly when off-roading. It's not my call to tell anyone how to ride, but if you're at a stage where you still fall often when off-roading, are you sure top speed should be something you should be focusing so much on? Have you considered that there might be a correlation between this fixation with top speed and the incidence of falls? ;)

What's more, top speed is just a singular moment that isn't representative of a ride in any way. I can crawl at 7 km/h through the city center for 5 km, then reach the deserted roads in the outskirts and hit 47 km/h on the 500m stretch that leads to where the dirt trail starts, and then average 20-30 km/h for 40 km and my top speed will be 47 km/h. What exactly does that say about my ride? Nothing at all. I find "average speed in motion" to be much more representative of what my ride was actually like.

When I look at my tour on the map on euc.word, the color-coding gives a close enough idea of what speeds I was doing on different stretches. I can even pinpoint a specific milestone (distance or time) and see what speed I was going. If that speed value is a little off, I know it's off, and more or less what speed I was riding on that stretch, so why should I care what the data tells me? I ride for fun, not to prove anything to myself or to anyone else, so I don't need professional-level accuracy (which a phone isn't going to give you in the first place: a phone's GPS speed can't be compared to the accuracy of a professional, standalone GPS, and even that isn't representative for off-road riding. So we have wheel speed, and even an option to correct wheel speed within the app. Free-spin speed spikes are something there really isn't a workaround for, aside from using GPS speed or trying not to fall).

And when I want even more representative data, I can look at the Komoot tour that I've followed/recorded and see the the types of roads/paths and surfaces I've ridden on, which gives a an even more comprehensive view of what the ride was like, and helps to put the average speed values into context:

photo-2020-01-07-16-19-36.jpg

But in any case, for me the tour data I have is representative and nice to have, but not the main focus of my rides---which is to have fun and enjoy the ride! :)

Edited by travsformation

All,

I have an Pebble/App/KS16xl alarm question.

Last night I went and configured speed alarms using the WEU app. While I was there, I did all the config to get my Pebble working as well.

Today I went for a ride, and the Wheel was feeding the alarms through the watch via vibration instead of beeping. I really need the beeps because I can't feel the vibration under wrist guards and winter clothing. What am I missing in config to keep the beeps going the wheel but the the speed, etc data on the watch as usual?

Here's a related question, too. It's is my understanding the KS has two way telemetry. Let's say I open the KS app and play with a certain setting, for example speed. Say it's an alarm set for 20mph. Now I close the app and open the WEU app where the alarm is set to 22mph. When the app starts and the wheel links, does it read those new settings for the higher alarm?

The reason I ask this is because this exact situation existed in which I had previously set an alarm for 2 mph slower in the KS app, but when I closed the KS app and opened the WEU app with the alarm set higher, the wheel beeped at the setting that was in the KS app.

Thanks,

Ben

@Seba I have for the first time some issues with the KS app (the firmware update for KS18L, does not start downloading, just hangs). So how long do you think it is since you get the firmware update option for KS in the EUC.WORLD app? just some sort of eta inf you can say that would be sweet.