https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/16752-samsung-galaxy-watch-46mm-tizen-on-flexmeter-wrist-guards-and-useful-apps/?do=findComment&comment=284043

2 The communication  is Wheel --> EUC World on the smartphone --> Smartwatch

4 If you are connected on a Wheel -> EUC World on  smartphone or watch show the wheel speed
   If there is no wheel connected -> EUC World on  smartphone or watch show the gps speed

Edited by Hansolo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Any release date yet (or is it already released)?

First version is planned to be released somewhere between January and February.

Will the watch app communicate directly with the wheel or do I have to have my phone with me as a link between the watch and the wheel? (I am getting eSIM and it means I can use the watch as a phone without having the phone with me. It would be good if I don't have to bring the phone every time).

It will require phone app.

I have set a password on my KS-18XL. I have to enter that every time I link the phone app to the wheel. It takes a three seconds extra but is probably a good safety feature to avoid your wheel being hijacked. If the tizen watch app links directly to the wheel can it store the password for the wheel and manage this login?

Password in King Song wheels isn't currently supported by EUC World, but support for this (and other missing King Song functions) should be added soon.

Will the speed shown on the watch be "wheel speed" or "GPS speed"?

It will be able to show both, exactly as in EUC World Android app. If tour tracking is active you can swipe main screen up and down to switch between EUC and GPS readings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seba said:

One of new features (thanks to @Marty Backe feature request) that will be added in upcoming EUC World release: option to define custom battery levels:

Screenshot_20191224_110018_net.lastowski.eucworld.thumb.jpg.80ebd44259d105ad4ff7fc397f37d037.jpg

Wouldn't it be easier if you just typed in the voltage with the keyboard? So in my case 0% = 63V and 100% = 84V. So I don't have to empty the wheel to 0% first. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Seba said:

Password in King Song wheels isn't currently supported by EUC World, but support for this (and other missing King Song functions) should be added soon

Any chance for Ninebot wheels password support, we all have security concerns, for example from my team in Greece a friend, Antreas, somebody stole his KS16S last summer.

And me with the widely recognizable Z10, i feel a bit off you know, someone may lock it just for fun and leave me without a wheel. :'-(

4 hours ago, buell47 said:

Wouldn't it be easier if you just typed in the voltage with the keyboard? So in my case 0% = 63V and 100% = 84V. So I don't have to empty the wheel to 0% first. 

Brilliant! :cheers:

Can't believe I didn't think of just entering the voltage :facepalm:

I still like the option of using the app buttons.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

Upcoming EUC World update will bring many new features. One of them is heart rate monitoring using connected smartwatch. The idea of this feature came up when working on a watch app. I accidentally discovered that my heart rate is surprisingly high for a typical daily commute - something that always seemed to be not associated with any strain on the body. So I was so curious that I decided to add option to include heart rate in tour data and CSV logs.

eucworld_charts_1.0.6.thumb.jpg.9c4f5a9e5f04a3f007107c61c11b7b7f.jpg

New app release will also include motor temperature for KS-18L, KS-18XL and KS-16X. Also various alarms are recorded and displayed on charts in forms of dots. On chart above you can see lot of speed alarms - I use lowest-priority speed alarm (yellow) to be aware of reaching top of my "safe & economic speed zone". There are also some medium-priority alerts (orange) on the graph above. You can also see one overcurrent alarm near 7 kilometer. Because battery level, current, voltage and power values are smoothed, momentary spikes are filtered out. This is why it may seem that when alarm was active current was not exceeding 15 A; in fact it was over 25 A as this is my current alarm setting.

By default alarms and heart rate will be visible to tour owner only, even for public tours. You will be able to change this in tour settings. There will also be options to hide speed and time information from tour when viewed by others. This will effectively make unable to determine speed directly or indirectly (from tour duration etc.).

• Like 3

@Seba I know you said you would look into it, but did you get the Inmotion V10f horn/lamp fu croon fixed? 

• Like 1

Just now, Unventor said:

@Seba I know you said you would look into it, but did you get the Inmotion V10f horn/lamp fu croon fixed? 

I hope to add horn to V10F in upcoming release. Lamp control is already working.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hansolo said:

Yes for example, when @OliG sees a dog, his heat rate is very high (with his Garmin watch)

Haha :) I have the same when a dog tries to chase me :efee612b4b: I think my heart beat exceed 200 BPM at those situations :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seba said:

One of them is heart rate monitoring using connected smartwatch. The idea of this feature came up when working on a watch app. I accidentally discovered that my heart rate is surprisingly high for a typical daily commute - something that always seemed to be not associated with any strain on the body. So I was so curious that I decided to add option to include heart rate in tour data and CSV logs.

So that means you're trying to tempt us into riding without wrist guards? :cry2:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, buell47 said:

So that means you're trying to tempt us into riding without wrist guards? :cry2:

I'm sure we can all think of other places with a pulse that a watch band can be strapped around. Whether those remain visible while riding is another story... :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seba said:

When you can't ride anymore, press "Set as 0%".

I know (and many do not know) that if a lithium battery is discharged to 0%, then it will lose a small percentage of capacity. The longer the battery will be in a state of full discharge, the greater this percentage. That is, it is unacceptable to allow a wheel discharge during a trip. You can discharge at home to immediately put on charge. But how to do this, I have no idea. I can’t ride around the house, the police will catch me.

So I will not use this function. If I could establish not 0%, but 21%, or 19%, or 5%, then this would be feasible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victor Solovjov said:

I know (and many do not know) that if a lithium battery is discharged to 0%, then it will lose a small percentage of capacity. The longer the battery will be in a state of full discharge, the greater this percentage. That is, it is unacceptable to allow a wheel discharge during a trip. You can discharge at home to immediately put on charge. But how to do this, I have no idea. I can’t ride around the house, the police will catch me.

So I will not use this function. If I could establish not 0%, but 21%, or 19%, or 5%, then this would be feasible.

well the point to this function is 2 options. Either set 0% as a safety margian so you set a fictive 0% (actural could be 15%) or you want excact match, so you ride wheel down to it absolutely will not ride any longer, and then hit set 0%. Even doing this is not bringing battery outside safe zone as this is already within safe margian by all major brands (9B, GW, KS, Inmotion).

• Like 3

On 12/23/2019 at 5:43 PM, Seba said:

Password in King Song wheels isn't currently supported by EUC World, but support for this (and other missing King Song functions) should be added soon.

I guess you got API from KS too? I mean both your app and Darknessbot for iOS are more or less considered standard apps for wheels, due to your (I mean, all developers working on these apps over time) great work.If not I think you should ask @tinawong from KS if this could be an option.in all riders interest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Even doing this is not bringing battery outside safe zone as this is already within safe margian by all major brands (9B, GW, KS, Inmotion)

As I said, there are people who do not know about the operation of lithium-ion batteries. And you are from such people. It does not depend on the brand of EUС. This is a characteristic of batteries. As I said, I like to know the true value of the charge and I won’t just bring the battery to full discharge, for the setting, which had not existed before and without which everyone lived perfectly.

I'm not against. Let this setting be.