15 minutes ago, Seba said:

It's available on my GitHub repository - https://github.com/slastowski/EucWorldAndroid

Arr nice! I had been looking but didn't seem to turn it up for some reason. Thanks for the link. 🙂

I may well have some time over the Christmas period and will see if I can find anything to contribute 😀

7 hours ago, Coco66 said:

And what happens when you get up from your seat while approaching the station to get to the train door?

Wheel speed will not be zero anymore... :-) 

Ok,

If wheel speed is >> gps => it's a spin

If wheel speed is << gps => wheel is transported 

If wheel speed is ~ gps => real data 

Of course there's always false positives for every rule but it will probably work for the majority of cases.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 10:48 AM, Victor Solovjov said:

It's a shame when, after a trip of several tens of kilometers, the application shows as the maximum speed not the real speed of the Euc, but the speed of the wheel spinning during the fall.

There isn't much that can be done about that, there's no way for the app to distinguish whether there's a rider on the wheel or not. Which is why GPS speed is actually more reliable ;)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, travsformation said:

Which is why GPS speed is actually more reliable

Therefore, Top Speed should be the maximum of GPS readings.

The application is representative. While riding, I see a friend and show him on the phone my maximum speed, which I reached today. I do not want to be a liar in the eyes of friends.

Edited by Victor Solovjov

3 hours ago, Seba said:
  • Tell him that this particular speed isn't real, as you fallen during ride, lifted your wheel or sth
  • Show him/send him hil to your tour recorded on euc.world so he can see speed graph of entire tour.

Exactly, @Victor Solovjov. It's just a matter of explaining to him how the wheel and the app work. Maybe the more they know about it, the more curious they will become about EUCs and they'll eventually end up wanting one ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

It's just a matter of explaining to him how...

I have no problems with the application. I raise some questions in order to show imperfection and therefore how the author can improve his application. Thanks to Seba that you can now configure the euc through his application.

• Like 1

One small suggestion of little importance:

The beeps that happen when the wheel is powered off and you're still connected to voice alerts can be a bit annoying at times. Especially if it takes a minute or two to get to a place that I can take my gloves off and disconnect. Definitely not a big deal, but if the beeps were spaced out a bit farther, it may still be effective at letting you know if you lost connection without being quite as obnoxious.

Not that big of a deal though considering how amazing this app is. Thanks again, Seba!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cory Brown said:

One small suggestion of little importance:

The beeps that happen when the wheel is powered off and you're still connected to voice alerts can be a bit annoying at times. Especially if it takes a minute or two to get to a place that I can take my gloves off and disconnect. Definitely not a big deal, but if the beeps were spaced out a bit farther, it may still be effective at letting you know if you lost connection without being quite as obnoxious.

Not that big of a deal though considering how amazing this app is. Thanks again, Seba!

I understand that this beep may be annoying. In fact, it was meant to be annoying, because it was meant to keep user aware that he no longer can count on speed alarms (which I consider a major safety feature that is used in place of EUC beeps that gets jammed by wind noise). So I have to think how to make it less noticeable to others and still keeping the user aware that there is no BT connection, so no speed alarms.

I see at least two solutions:

1. Increase period between subsequent beeps.
  2. Add an option to replace beeps with phone/watch vibrations.

And I'm open for other ideas :)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Seba said:

I understand that this beep may be annoying. In fact, it was meant to be annoying, because it was meant to keep user aware that he no longer can count on speed alarms (which I consider a major safety feature that is used in place of EUC beeps that gets jammed by wind noise). So I have to think how to make it less noticeable to others and still keeping the user aware that there is no BT connection, so no speed alarms.

And I'm open for other ideas :)

That makes perfect sense, and I would definitely prioritize safety over a mild annoyance. I like the first idea of slowly spreading them out. That way you don't have to worry about missing it if you get disconnected, and still get reminded if you forget for some reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

And I'm open for other ideas

I would prefer a short vibration on phone and/or galaxy watch :)

1 minute ago, buell47 said:

I would prefer a short vibration on phone and/or galaxy watch :)

What do you think about "hybrid" solution? Quiet, unobtrusive sound combined with vibration as a configurable alternative to current sound?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

"hybrid" 

Improvements and changes of any kind you deem just please create a switch if you want to take away security for me is EUCWORLD something that I can safely use the V10F without it is completely useless. Be tough and don't leave safety first. My life is in your hands.

I personally have ticwatch pro tightened to the extreme to feel the vibrations and the cell phone hit very close to the balls.

There is one thing that annoys me, this initial greeting: Welcome aboard. I hear: Welcome abroad. I would prefer simply: Connected. Or maybe I would just leave without greeting. I think it’s not hard to add an item in the settings where the user himself can write the desired greeting.

P.S.  I can not imagine how KingSong users live with a talking wheel. I also know that many people would like to turn off the greeting from Nikola.

Edited by Victor Solovjov

18 hours ago, Seba said:

And I'm open for other ideas

Add an option to disable voice messages (and therefor, beeps) with the Flic button/watch button? :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Seba said:

What do you think about "hybrid" solution? Quiet, unobtrusive sound combined with vibration as a configurable alternative to current sound?

If it is much quieter than now, then sound and vibration are welcome. 😊👍

At the moment it is extremely loud when the sound is played over the Bluetooth speaker and you have heard music extremely loud last time. 

• Like 1

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the app. The icons on the top seem difficult to understand (Yeah, I'm stupid)

What is the watch symbol for ? To record a tour do I go to the last tab/screen on the app and start ? I thought I turned on auto settings for recording tours (maybe not).

Just got back from a 4 mile ride (my 3rd day) and I guess I didn't really record it :-(

On 12/19/2019 at 2:55 AM, Victor Solovjov said:

Therefore, Top Speed should be the maximum of GPS readings.

But the maximum of GPS speed is lie. So far, I've recorded more than 20 tracks on V8 with speed limit 30 km/h in app, and for half of tracks site say that my top speed was 32, 35, 38 and even 43 km/h, even though it's technically impossible on V8. And importantly, GPS speed peaks don't correlate with the wheel measured speed peaks.

Has any of you guys ever looked at the actual GPS track of your rides on a map? Because if you did, you wouldn't put too much trust into "GPS speed" as a concept. I don't think it's just my phone that is shitty and everyone else's is perfectly accurate.

How could you expect a speed derived from this to be worth much?

1.png

I rode neither through the meadow nor on the wrong side of the road.

The only speed I trust is wheel speed. At least it's consistently wrong, so working with it has a sound base.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

1.png

I rode neither through the meadow nor on the wrong side of the road.

Come on, admit it, meep, you had a couple beers too many before heading home...we've all done it at some point... :P

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The only speed I trust is wheel speed. At least it's consistently wrong, so working with it has a sound base.

:roflmao:

Hahaha brilliant! That quote is worthy of being framed on the wall!

• Like 2

A have a few questions about the app for Galaxy watch (Tiezen) that is under development:

1. Any release date yet (or is it already released)?
  2. Will the watch app communicate directly with the wheel or do I have to have my phone with me as a link between the watch and the wheel? (I am getting eSIM and it means I can use the watch as a phone without having the phone with me. It would be good if I don't have to bring the phone every time).
  3. I have set a password on my KS-18XL. I have to enter that every time I link the phone app to the wheel. It takes a three seconds extra but is probably a good safety feature to avoid your wheel being hijacked. If the tizen watch app links directly to the wheel can it store the password for the wheel and manage this login?
  4. Will the speed shown on the watch be "wheel speed" or "GPS speed"?

Sorry if I have missed that the answer to any of these questions has already been provided.