7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Sorry, right now I don't want to experiment with apps like this on my phone :(

Macrodroid is like Tasker or AutomateIt, it just adds extra features with triggers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seba said:

When I plan more serious trips over roads that are unknown to me, I use Google Eartht to "animate" my planned ride.  plan route with Komoot, then export it to GPX and import this file to Google Earth. Finally, I use Movie Maker feature to render high quality movie that is similar to Relive, but you get much better results and you can set your camera as you wish. I used this when planning my last year trip across entire Poland at it really helped me to get familiar with the route.

Below is an example. Because this movie was rendered for public view, camera distance and angle is set to provide more broad view with less details. When rendering for checking your route, you can set camera much closer. Also playback rate will be smaller, so you can precisely examine entire track.

Wow, that's an epic ride :thumbup:

I've been frustrated with Google Earth because of the default camera angle and height. I did not know that you can change this. It must be in some obscure menu item? Now that I know I'll try and find it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's an epic ride :thumbup:

I've been frustrated with Google Earth because of the default camera angle and height. I did not know that you can change this. It must be in some obscure menu item? Now that I know I'll try and find it.

Because it's not too intuitive. From menu select Tools -> Options... and click on "Touring" tab:

image.png.d4cec061184759690ba54d438b0aebb5.png

To create a movie you have to import track from GPX or other similar, supported format. Then you have to create tour from this track. Finally, you use Tools -> Movie Maker to render tour to movie. Needs a lot of trial & error, but finally you get nice results :)

• Like 3

i would like to have an option to edit the gpx file before putting it online. a delete 30 sec/1min from the start or end would be nice to trim and cut out home adresses/favorite Pubs ;) 

also will there be an gpx upload function ? got gpx logs from 2015 till now :)

with the new v2 firmware on the 18xl ... the Horn button now beeps AND switches the frontlight on/off. no matter which of the weird light modes you are on, it switches to the fixed White/Red mode, which is my favorite anyhow, and then toggles the white light only. 

as i always either switch off the lights or the euc before entering a house/bar/shop this bug/feature is great for switching lights without having to cycle through all the new modes ... 

maybe enhance it with a single press for horn, double-press for lights.

P.S.: love the macrodroid tip, time to put my phone back in the rucksack without worrying about switching the wheel off.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Seba said:

Because it's not too intuitive. From menu select Tools -> Options... and click on "Touring" tab:

To create a movie you have to import track from GPX or other similar, supported format. Then you have to create tour from this track. Finally, you use Tools -> Movie Maker to render tour to movie. Needs a lot of trial & error, but finally you get nice results :)

Also important to note that the speed that will affect your tour is the bottom one (0.1X - 20X), in the "when creating a tour from a track" section. Camera range and angle, despite being in the "when creating a tour from a line" section, apply to gpx tours you import too ;)

Not very inruitive, really...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

i would like to have an option to edit the gpx file before putting it online. a delete 30 sec/1min from the start or end would be nice to trim and cut out home adresses/favorite Pubs ;) 

+1!

I think that's on the to-do list, after finsishing full KS support, Tizen support, euc.world site revamping and who knows how many other things Seba has on his plate...

6 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

with the new v2 firmware on the 18xl ... the Horn button now beeps AND switches the frontlight on/off.

That can be configured. You have different options for single tap, double tap and tap-and-hold: settings >> gauge settings >> there you'll find the options I mentioned

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Seba said:

Beautiful! Thank you so much for the tip :cheers:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

This is planned in slightly different way. You'll be able to define "privacy zones" that will be excluded from tracking. Later I will also add option to apply such zones for already tracked and stored tours.

13 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

also will there be an gpx upload function ? got gpx logs from 2015 till now :)

I'll think about it, but for sure it won't be a priority feature on my "to do" list :)

15 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

with the new v2 firmware on the 18xl ... the Horn button now beeps AND switches the frontlight on/off. no matter which of the weird light modes you are on, it switches to the fixed White/Red mode, which is my favorite anyhow, and then toggles the white light only. 

Horn function doesn't toggle or change lights behaviour on 2.00 (and on any older firmware). But every command sent to KS wheel is confirmed by beep (yeah, I too think it's annoying), so switching light is accompanied by beep also.

18 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

As @travsformation wrote, you can already do this.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That's another feature I'd love to have. Half the time I forget to not start my Tour at home, and I delete the Tour because I don't want my home to appear in public.

Too late thanks to Bob. :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seba said:

Yes, I miss this feature too for the same reasons. I don't have any problem sharing my tours with others. More, I've made euc.world service to show other people that electric unicycles are a great way to get everywhere you would imagine. But I just don't want to disclose some "sensitive" locations. So I think I'll add this feature soon, maybe even this month.

I think Strava had something like private areas, and all parts of any ride that entered the area were either automatically redacted or just not shown to the general public. I think that would be a pretty nice feature to have in EUC World as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hyperair said:

I think Strava had something like private areas, and all parts of any ride that entered the area were either automatically redacted or just not shown to the general public. I think that would be a pretty nice feature to have in EUC World as well.

Strava privacy zones screen shot :

image.thumb.png.a07a42416284af610665f7bff37af808.png

• Like 3

Hello @Seba

Do you have  form where we can put in feature requests, or are we going through the forum ?

Some requests for us would like to improve privacy on tour publication.
As you know some of us are restricted by law (see sheet) - and by country, and publication to a (foreign) authority, just opening up for discussions if they are not needed - nah .. thank you.

21 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

Maybe it is handy to publish some of the road trips, on a tour per tour basis (not all or nothing :-))

And if the speed could be removed (as an absolute axis value), maybe not the graphics that would be great.
(That way no-one can ask of you to publish information that people didn't want to show).

I think that way a lot more would be published.

Just my 5 cents.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Meulebeest said:

Hello @Seba

Do you have  form where we can put in feature requests, or are we going through the forum ?

Some requests for us would like to improve privacy on tour publication.
As you know some of us are restricted by law (see sheet) - and by country, and publication to a (foreign) authority, just opening up for discussions if they are not needed - nah .. thank you.

Maybe it is handy to publish some of the road trips, on a tour per tour basis (not all or nothing :-))

And if the speed could be removed (as an absolute axis value), maybe not the graphics that would be great.
(That way no-one can ask of you to publish information that people didn't want to show).

I think that way a lot more would be published.

Just my 5 cents.

Yeah, this is already in my to do list and will be implemented at the same time as private zones. You'll be able to hide any information that directly or indirectly would serve as speed information. This means that speed will be shown in unitless, arbitrary value (0-100, where 100 will equal to max tour speed), no time line and only tour finish date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seba said:

WOW! In my first reaction I thought "Boy, I'm on the front page of Luxury?!", but I quickly remembered your exceptional graphic talents :D Looks great! :D Thank you very much for your appreciation :cheers:

Your most welcome! Thanks for the compliment but no graphic skills required for this picture. I just paired my new watch and phone along with my Tesla  and thought it would make a cool photo. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I just paired my new watch and phone along with my Tesla  and thought it would make a cool photo. :)

Composition is what makes this photo so good :) And to compose good photo needs talent :)

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Seba said:

EUC World 1.0.6 with full King Song support now available on Play Store

I'd like to inform that EUC World 1.0.6 update is now available in Google Play. This update brings a lot of new features and improvements. It also resolves reported bugs, known to date. But one notable new feature is a full support for King Song wheels. Seeing all the problems people have with updating their wheels with OEM King Song app I decided to expedite my efforts in bringing KS full support in EUC World.

What's new?

1. Full support for King Song unicycles including setting speed limit and firmware update
  2. Flic button support has been expanded by adding new Flic 2 button support for quick actions like horn, light on/off, request or dismiss voice report etc.
  3. CSV log synchronization with euc.world account that will allow for offline tour creation and data analysis (this however requires server support that will be added soon)
  4. Possibility to define custom battery levels
  5. Heart rate can be displayed on main screen and included in tour data and CSV logs (Wear OS companion app is required)
  6. Option for unobtrusive alarm when Bluetooth connection is lost (quiet beep and vibration instead of standard beep)
  7. New parameters added to periodic speech reports
  8. Fullscreen mode can be disabled or enabled in general settings
  9. Map display can be disabled to limit data plan usage during tour tracking
  10. Horn activation in Inmotion wheels.
  11. Other new features, improvements and bug fixes

Important notes

• Android 10 should ensure that all needed permissions are given.
  • After instalation or updating, please review alarm settings as they may revert to default. It's because now all alarm settings are wheel-specific, so if you have more than one wheel you will be able to have a different settings for each of your wheel. This also includes battery level settings, speed and distance correction and speed gauge scale range (max speed displayed).

Updated ! For now it's awesome ! Will test it more on my way back from office.

• Like 2