KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

It's because I'm on a test firmware and after use i can roll it back to any firmware i want 😁

Did they give you a special tool to do this or is it done with the same KingSong app that we all use?

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Did they give you a special tool to do this or is it done with the same KingSong app that we all use?

It's called king song soft tuner and when you press upgrade fimware it lets you choose which one , i think it's needed to test the differences between firmware

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stephen said:

It's called king song soft tuner and when you press upgrade fimware it lets you choose which one , i think it's needed to test the differences between firmware

Hmmm. Looks like the beginnings of a black market. How much will you sell me a copy for? :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Yes of course, water will enter same way, but water running better out again at the bottom.

Today I have done more new modifications about this problem.  I rode over 30 km off-road and it seams these work was more important as the other that I have already done.

Biggest problem is the big gap between housing and mud guard, and also the rubber part under the front light and housing.

I think it's time to start a KS-16X mods thread. :efefc8626c:

Wow you really like to tear into the 16X but thanks to the frequency of your inspections it really allowed for the precise determination of dust particle infiltration. :thumbup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

All I hear is speed and above 45kmh. So if pushing the limit and apparently happy with all your GW wheels. I fail to understand what push you to buy a 1st batch KS wheel that do not have top speed as top priority. 

As I have written 45+ kmh is a non-issue to me as I don't ride that fast. I am am only allowed to do 20kmh by law. I do ride faster when circumstances allow it but on my KS16X 35kmh is enough for me. 

As I also have written it is the maneuverability, acceleration and braking with a range far longer that I every use that makes this a great wheel for me. Yesterday I rode 45km very different type of rides and still have 65% battery left. Even @Mike Sacristan was a little supprised as he did the same group ride and same distance. I don’t know what his battery were at afterwards.

I had a blast of a time. City center ride in Stockholm, off-road gravel and later forest with bare mountain on the trail with lods of big rocks and over tree roots and bmx track, tight maneuvers on a rubber athletic track. 

Very happy ride. 

Thanks for your reply, I should think we started EUC riding about the same time, I started July 2018, please feel free to correct me, I started with the Inmotion V8 and I should think you did as well, please correct me if I'm wrong once again. 

I mentioned many times that there is no perfect EUC, all the manufacturers of EUC are beset with teething issues, but most people don't seem to understand that and always ramble about how great King song are in terms of quality and safety and how Gotway are nowhere to be seen as in regards to quality and safety.

When the Nikola came out and had some issues with the mosfets, people came out with all guns blazing ripping Gotway to shreds and how they would only buy King song wheels because of their reputable safety and quality credentials, the point that I am trying to make is that we're all humans and there is nothing that we do that will be perfect, as long as we can accept that, there is no point bashing other EUC manufacturers, after all competition is conducive for us as consumers in that we're spoilt with choice as to which EUC we want to buy.

The 16X has been launched and had even more problems and issues than the Gotway Nikola, yet most people are silent in regards to these issues.:ph34r:

Please don't misunderstand or get me wrong, I like the 16X and it has surprised me a lot in terms of it's agility and ease of use, I also did not get the 16X so as to hit the maximum speed at all times. I'm pretty aware of the philosophy of King song in regards to their EUC as I already own a 16s.

I want to be able to safely get to 31mph as advertised by King song without cutting out or running into difficulties because of safety issues like oscillations and pedal dipping, is that a lot to ask?:confused1:

Again, I have the utmost respect for King song for acknowledging this issues and taking steps to try and rectify them.

So I hope everyone enjoys their EUC's regardless of the manufacturer and let's stop bashing each other. My two cents and sorry for the essay and story telling.:facepalm:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KAY GEE said:

When the Nikola came out and had some issues with the mosfets, people came out with all guns blazing ripping Gotway to shreds and how they would only buy King song wheels because of their reputable safety and quality credentials, the point that I am trying to make is that we're all humans and there is nothing that we do that will be perfect, as long as we can accept that, there is no point bashing other EUC manufacturers, after all competition is conducive for us as consumers in that we're spoilt with choice as to which EUC we want to buy.

It is true that there is always human error, but EUC manufacturers shouldn't be fatalistic about it.

In the automotive industry they created the ISO 26262 standard in an attempt to bring industry-wide best practices to the development and validation of safety critiaal systems.

EUC manufacturers should take a look at these standards and see what they can borrow.

1 hour ago, Blueblade said:

Wonder if that will still be the case after you put that new tire on it....

I’m thinking the new tire will make all the difference in the world. I actually adjusted the one on it now because it was so out of balance and it helped a little. I still don’t feel safe on it past 26 mph or so. To me the 16X is remarkably more stable and smoother. 

• Like 1

I had my first wipe out this morning. I was going fast... don't know how fast cause I keep my phone in my backpack. Had to do an emergency slowdown, 2 cyclists rounded a curve, one took it wide and cross center line. Had wobble during braking and wheel landed in brushes. So, after the 20 mile ride, got home and ordered an MTB armored light jacket with rib protection (DS 1630 Flex Force X D3O Top V2). I really like my Demon D3O knee pads. If I can do it again, I would order the longer version which would cover above my ankle bone, which I bang into the pedals all day.  Did another 30 miles in a group ride tonight.  I'm at 121 miles according to KS app

Edited by DragonFZ
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, stephen said:

They are password protected by kingsong themselves its not just an app that's open

You just don't understand how to make some money on this Stephen. So how much for the password? Don't worry. KingSong isn't reading anything here ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You just don't understand how to make some money on this Stephen. So how much for the password? Don't worry. KingSong isn't reading anything here ;)

King song got a Rep on the forum, It's my guess he reads this particular post. This was the main reason that King song brought out firmware 1.06, because someone posted about cutting out using firmware 1.05, just my take.:yawn:

But my offer still stands, for a princely sum of $1,000. You could get what you're after.:laughbounce2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonFZ said:

I had my first wipe out this morning. I was going fast... don't know how fast cause I keep my phone in my backpack. Had to do an emergency slowdown, 2 cyclists rounded a curve, one took it wide and cross center line. Had wobble during braking and wheel landed in brushes. So, after the 20 mile ride, got home and ordered an MTB armored light jacket with rib protection (DS 1630 Flex Force X D3O Top V2). I really like my Demon D3O knee pads. If I can do it again, I would order the longer version which would cover above my ankle bone, which I bang into the pedals all day.  Did another 30 miles in a group ride tonight.  I'm at 121 miles according to KS app

I hope you are ok. 

I think the reason for people getting wobbles during hard breaking is because people standing more to the front on the pedals plus the shorted pedal arm to the wheels axle point. I makes it harder to micro control and the motors brute torque. 

I went to Stockholm this week and met up with 2 other owners with the KS16X. I found I am standing "much" further back on my pedals than they do. As soon as I move more to the front, it is very fast on acceleration, but at the cost of breaking. Same thing going uphill, I have some skill adjustment to do, but going downhill, it not issue for me what so ever.

Maybe @Mike Sacristan can pitch in on this. He is a good observer and have more time and mileage, played with it more.

I only just got my wheel, and I had a longer adjustment curve...old dogs you know. 

Note: @Mike Sacristan and @Azze80 had a great time in Stockholm and riding with you fellow KS16X owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

personally I think the smooth tiltback and higher speed was a bad move

I have give this info to kingsong regarding soft tiltback as in some situations it's hard to notice it

That a company opened up for end-user beta riders is  a huge thing in my eye. That is a trust you should not joke about imho. 

I think it's in trusting hands , they asked me not to share which i will honour

Just hinting this could close down this very fast

I hope they don't close the account otherwise I'm stuck on a test firmware which i haven't finished testing 😊 my normal app won't let me upgrade 😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garrie Lim said:

Does anyone have a KS16X logo on a transparent layer and is willing to email me? Wanna make 16X t shirts

Ive never seen a logo of KS16x, do you mean like a photo of one with transparent back? 

If not have a link to what you are talking about? I might be able to create something from what you saw.