KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

13 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I do not squeeze the pads.
On the 16X I ride with a loose posture and try to have a neutral pelvic tilt. 

Yeah, that's how I do it.

20 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I do not use the pads for turning but will use them for hill climbing

Yes, the pads are fantastic for Hill climbing and hill climbing on narrow trails with lot of rocks, roots and other stuff. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Isn't the CX tire the stock tire for the 16X?

Yes, it is the 16X first batch stock tire. 

If someone around my location need a CX321 tire? I have 2 new in stock! :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

It is their first wheel with PWM power delivery

Are you absolutely sure? Please elaborate. Doesn’t the whine on all other KS wheels come from PWM?

44 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Can someone post a side by side picture from the CST C-1488 and the CYT H-5167 tire? 

71F8B49E-31F2-4811-A7ED-C569CCC40D9E.jpeg.19f20a147c2b6045f52b2d1c3ad2d50d.jpegEF5AA921-11C3-4351-AC83-481A243D155E.png.c3545e9792bf5b3a204870c889459a10.png

Note that the sizes of the above tires are not known, and the proportions like the width of the center ridge can vary between sizes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Note that the sizes of the above tires are not known, and the proportions like the width of the center ridge can vary between sizes.

That was the reason why I ask for a side by side picture from the real size 16x3.0. :)

8 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Know that I am fully counting on the CX tire I ordered to completely change how I feel about the Nikola Plus.  I believe it will fix the problem if not I will be selling it.  It’s very smooth up to 25 mph now. Of course the tire was out of balance just like my previous Nikola.  But the good people here showed me how to make it better by deflating it and reseating it.  It fixed about 80% of the bounce just like it did with my last one.  Now I just need to eliminate the wobbles.   I love how some just chime in saying it’s me the rider that’s the problem and that’s fine but I have no problem going that fast on all my other wheels including my previous Nikola. Well that went 31mph and I went that fast on it all the time.  But even with that Nikola it was nowhere near as stable as the 16X IMHO.  So I’m hoping the reason is the tire. I really like the CX. I also really like the Nik+.  It’s a beautiful looking wheel and very comfortable.  So probably next Sunday I will attempt to change the tire. Pray for me as I have no idea what I’m doing. LOL 

CST: I feel the gyro set point to be 33 mph. I can significantly relax my stabilizers at that point.

CX: gyro effect kicks in way sooner, 15 mph? I love it for safety, since it makes braking hard much easier.

6 hours ago, KAY GEE said:

I commented on this already, there is a rider from Seattle, Chris I think is his name who has hit 42 mph on his, and he goes past 30mph most of the time. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

906 Firmware.  35 PSI, rider weight 220+ 10 pounds of gear.

iOS App reporting max speed 41 mph, external recorder reporting 20 mph.  Average speed seems right, it was a group ride.

I assume that the wheel did not spin up while beeing lifted/during an accident/incident? 41mph could already be near to lift cut off speed?

Or some spinning up while going down a curb/doing jumps?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The CYT to me makes the wheel feel more normal like the other KS wheels.  You can take that as a plus or a minus.  If you are looking for a different feel, then stick with the CX tire.  But I prefer the CYT tire.  I just got another two tires and will be swapping out the CST tire on the Nikola + soon as I have some time.  Just got back from vacation.  LOL

But key with the CYT tire is pressure.  I find the lower pressure makes it less squirrelly at speeds and makes it feel much more controlled.

Hey if you change the Nikola tire before next weekend would you please video it??? :-)

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

My 16S is not bad either. I think it changed after that, since I think it’s been reported mostly on the 18(X)L. 16X seems to follow this new inflation trend.

My KS16X seen to be fairly accurate maybe 5% extra on range. But then again I have not bother to do a messured test. I think of going to a road with 100m mark poles and test what wheel repo if I some day go on the countryside. 

It isn't that important to me. Maybe because I am a KS fan boy or I just simply isn't bothered. 

The biggest focus on the flaw list right now is the dust in the case accommodation. I do think that need to get addressed by KS in someway for all customers. 

As for the app if you run latest Android version it seems okay. As for iOS I don't know. But the iOS update seens a bit late. 

Speed/battery reports on a beta firmware, I would expect KS have info to the testers that they know about it. 

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yes I saw that you commented on it. I just wanted to answer it as well to add +1 in that I also don't have any trouble hitting speed on the Nik+.
So that people stop blaming the damn wheels and instead start looking at what they are doing wrong!

I have no problem with speed wobbles on the MSX, Nik+ or 16X.
I can cause speed and brake wobbles on the Nik+ and 16X with improper technique. Easiest to get brake wobbles on the 16X though.
5000km on my MSX. 1200 on the 16X. My MSX fits like a well worn glove.
I ride with bent legs and keep a low center of gravity. I do not squeeze the pads.
On the 16X I ride with a loose posture and try to have a neutral pelvic tilt. I do not use the pads for turning but will use them for hill climbing.

👍👍 I second that mike no problems on the 16x👍👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

CST: I feel the gyro set point to be 33 mph. I can significantly relax my stabilizers at that point.

CX: gyro effect kicks in way sooner, 15 mph? I love it for safety, since it makes braking hard much easier.

IDK. I think this whole “gyro” feeling on the CX is not nearly as apparent to me as it appears to be to some. It less then a 1/10th what the Z10 feels like.  Also the CST is definitely more nimble at lower speeds like 3-10MPH but after that the CX is just as nimble for me and more importantly much more stable translating into a more relaxing and comfortable ride then the CST. I only own one CYT and that is on my MSX. That’s an 18” tire though. Not sure if the tread is the same as the 16” CYT’s some of you guys are getting for your 16X’s. But I can hit 31MPH and be very stable on my MSX with the CYT on it.  I hope the CX is the answer to my Nik+. I only sold my 84V Nikola for the 100V so I could try 40MPH now and then. So far I haven’t even hit 30MPH more then once and that scared the crap out of me. Maybe your right Chris and stabilization only really kicks in on the CST after 31MPH.  All I know is that I’m not willing to find out. If the CX doesn’t make my Nik+ ride stable at higher speeds like my 16X I will sell it for a loss and call it a day. I really hope it works because the Nik+ is a beautiful wheel. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoadRunner said:

What happened 

Posted a couple of pages ago but got lost in the flood of "OMGWTF TIRE" posts here :lol: 

It simply died. Doesn't turn on anymore. Happened while sitting in my house. I turned it on a couple of days before. Tried it again, nothing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That sounds a lot like the mph showing as kph. 41 km/h = 25.5 mph, minus KS extra and possible external recorder tolerance = 20mph.

Did you use the latest version of the app?

The King Song_new  App on iOS was last updated 4 months ago, still waiting on them to upgrade it.... so yes I'm using the latest version available to iOS.  I may start carrying an Android with me to compare.

Beware that normally the Max and Average speeds are correct in mph.  I'm only reporting when they aren't as part of the 906 Beta testing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chriull said:

I assume that the wheel did not spin up while beeing lifted/during an accident/incident? 41mph could already be near to lift cut off speed?

Or some spinning up while going down a curb/doing jumps?

No drops, no accidents, and if it spun from curbs to 41 I would have been on my ass.    No this is just a plan bug.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

I've 5 motorcycle Jackets and gear (including racing boots)... it is too freaking hot to wear in Texas. Of the 5, 2 are mesh Fieldsheer but no rib protection. I felt the pedal jab 2 inches below my ribs. Just an ugly looking bruise, so I ordered a light jacket with rib protection.  I've crashed with my Street&Steel Jacket on Electric Skateboard, I would suggest protection that is closely wrapped to the body since Motorcycle Jackets are designed on the interior, there is too much play for me (got abrasions on my skin inside Jacket). My leather Fieldsheer Jacket is a different story... great protection but too hot (will wear for winter). Just like all my 2 crashes, no time to push off or adjust for combat rolls or MA rolls... just not happening (for those that think it is possible). I also ordered the Flexmeter... I agree it is the best on the market.

That's a lot of jackets!

I love my Rev-it tornado 2 for riding here in Austin Texas - but you are correct, there is no rib or chest protection.    I had been looking at the https://xionpg.com/ but felt there was too much duplication with my motor cycle jacket.   I had finally settled on the G-From shirt for chest/rib - but I never wear it in the summer.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Crazy I have no problem hitting 35 mph on the Nikola+ and I don't even own one.

If it's not caused by the respective Nikola, then perhaps simply because you're the better driver and maybe you've also built up the appropriate muscles through several EUC kilometers and strength training? 

18 minutes ago, buell47 said:

If it's not caused by the respective Nikola, then perhaps simply because you're the better driver and maybe you've also built up the appropriate muscles through several EUC kilometers and strength training? 

I give up. 

:efef27703d:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Are you absolutely sure? Please elaborate. Doesn’t the whine on all other KS wheels come from PWM?

71F8B49E-31F2-4811-A7ED-C569CCC40D9E.jpeg.19f20a147c2b6045f52b2d1c3ad2d50d.jpegEF5AA921-11C3-4351-AC83-481A243D155E.png.c3545e9792bf5b3a204870c889459a10.png

Oh, i think i misread it.  "Motor: a custom 2200W motor with a new PWM algorithm to try to make it as silent as the quietest Gotways".  Maybe they were using PWM before, but this is a new algo?  I took it to mean this is the first time they are using PWM.

• Like 1