KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

8 minutes ago, Esso said:

This thread has gotten so large that it's exerting a gravitational pull

Or some people are trying to generate Quantum Entanglement with the Gotway threads.  :whistling:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flying W said:

@Patton250 just a few tips on tire changing in general. 

When removing always keep the side opposite from where you are working pressed into the center of the rim. Squeeze the sides to the middle and bring the slack that makes up to where your working the tire.  This is the most important thing to give the bead enough slack to make it over the rim. Keep running the slack up to the part your working durring the process. 

Many tires can be removed by hand this way after you get one or two levers in there to get it started. Any time it gets shitty go back and press the tire back into the center of the rim opposite where you're working. 

Installation should be able to be done by hand.  Make sure you have a small amount of air in the tube, just enough to keep it round so you dont get it caught under the bead. Most rip on install when the lever grabs the tube and tire so using only the hands helps to prevent pinching the tube.  

I've had to fix a lot of flats on dirt bikes, EUC tires go on and off much easier but can still be a pain in the ass if you dont rember to keep giving the bead some slack. 

Get dem wobbles outta here! :cheers:

The tire change part I’m not too worried about. It’s the getting it out of the machine I’m concerned about or more importantly getting it back into the machine. Lol 

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

I'm still holding out hope for one of the manufacturers producing a wheel with changing tires frequently in mind. It would be great if it was easy enough to swap tires for seasons (which we dont really have in so cal) or the terrain ya plan on riding.  

I was not able to find a tire change vid for the nicola, just the one where they tear it all down. Would be nice if it split in half as easy as the MSX does but I dont think that is the case. 

Still looking forward to a wobble update when you get the new tire on there!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, buell47 said:

Is this specifically about mounting the CYT H-5167 or tyres in general?

I could change the Dalishen CX321 and the CST C-1488 almost by hand and a lollipop handle, but since I have these cheap plastic levers for the MTB, I also used them without any problems.

CONTINENTAL Reifenheber 3 teilig

I found the CYT the hardest to get on.  specifically the 3" wide one when i did the 16X.  Even with these tire irons it was difficult.  I can't imagine trying to do it with those cheap plastic ones.  The CST I was able to push on and off almost like the material is too soft.  Not sure if that is good or bad.  But I like the CYT tire the best for non gyro effect.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cracka said:

The 16x is in stock at ewheels,  i wonder if it works and what tire it comes with. 

The 2nd Batch comes with this letter from Jason (eWheels):

"Our KS contact has advised that in this 2nd batch, they're using the Chaoyang 16x3 vs Dalishen tires used in batch 1—tire on the right is Chaoyang. The feedback from other regions is that they prefer the Chaoyangs over the Dalishen. "

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I found the CYT the hardest to get on.  specifically the 3" wide one when i did the 16X.  Even with these tire irons it was difficult.  I can't imagine trying to do it with those cheap plastic ones.  The CST I was able to push on and off almost like the material is too soft.  Not sure if that is good or bad.  But I like the CYT tire the best for non gyro effect.  

Strange, I found the CYT rather easy to get on using just my hands. Maybe I got lucky somehow. Or maybe it's my thickish stubby fingers (I'm very good at opening a jars).

• Like 2

I really think all your tire post here are in the wrong thread, as there is a separate thread for that. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, Patton250 said:

I only own one CYT and that is on my MSX. That’s an 18” tire though. Not sure if the tread is the same as the 16” CYT’s some of you guys are getting for your 16X’s.

It is not. MSX uses the H-5102. I would think that the rubber compound is the same soft one on both though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wigletbill said:

I received my wheel today and has to grab a Lyft home because I got the low battery warning when the app told me I was at 80%. It's not just stupid, it's dangerous. 

The same thing happened to me. The only app that works for battery percentage is Wheel Log. 

When I first got the 16X I believed  it was at 100% also. I’ve never gotten a new wheel that was at 100% but for some reason I believed this one was. I got about 20 miles and found out it wasn’t.  Supposedly app updates will fix this. It will be fine. 

6 hours ago, Patton250 said:

The same thing happened to me. The only app that works for battery percentage is Wheel Log. 

When I first got the 16X I believed  it was at 100% also. I’ve never gotten a new wheel that was at 100% but for some reason I believed this one was. I got about 20 miles and found out it wasn’t.  Supposedly app updates will fix this. It will be fine. 

Yeah that app update must be bad or something. KS submitted it to Apple seems over a month ago now. I was told they are having issues with Apple approving it. I know Apple with iOS 13 has changed lots of things related to security and what you can/cannot do with your apps. Hopefully KS wasn't doing something deceitful with tracking or something.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wigletbill said:

received my wheel today and has to grab a Lyft home because I got the low battery warning when the app told me I was at 80%.

Did yours come with the 1.05 firmware?  And did you update before this happened?  Asking because mine arrives some time today!

• Like 1

I don't see an introduction sub-forum, so yeah I'm expecting my KS-16X this Friday.  I went all in and also bought an MTen3 to kick around too, but I'm more excited to start learning on the 16X, I'm sure I'm going to have a blast.  I'm coming from a 50 mph Dualtron Thunder scooter (among other two-wheeled toys).

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, fryman said:

Current update not final...lol

Current firmware is 1.06 ... Next update is 1.07 . The test firmware I've being using  may or may not of been changed here and there and should of been 1.07.. Final for 1.07

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, stephen said:

Current firmware is 1.06 ... Next update is 1.07 . The test firmware I've being using  may or may not of been changed here and there and should of been 1.07.. Final for 1.07

Thank you a lot for your help Stephen. And of course with info about comming updates. 

I really appreciate your efforts to help. 

• Like 3