KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Is there any one that have hear anything about the 3rd party optional seat for the KS16X? 

Googling it, I found some FB based webstore in Hong Kong selling it. But that is all I could find so far. 

Jason from eWheels got a batch of 25 in earlier this week. I've snagged one and have taken a few short rides with it. My first impression is that it's very comfortable, but due to the overall height of the 16X, may be best suited for shorter folks.  Not sure if this is the case for all wheels with seats, but to mount the seat I find myself first riding at a reasonable speed, put my hand on the front of the seat and then hop back to get a good position on it.  Once seated, you're all good, but you first have to hop back to get on correctly - No big deal, but you can't just easily sit down from a standing position. Again, it's very thick, supportive and comfortable. I like it.

Edited by HarpMudd
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KAY GEE said:

But it's kind of funny we all are talking about safety issues on a wheel and it so happens that it is a King song wheel. Normally every one says GotWays are bad quality, so far, I've been very nervous to push the 16X, limit set at 45km/h. The same can't be said for my GotWay wheels, I pushed them to the limit without thinking of any issues. 👍 

Well I can’t go passed 25mph on my Nikola Plus without it violently wobbling. So there you go. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

Is there any one that have hear anything about the 3rd party optional seat for the KS16X? 

Googling it, I found some FB based webstore in Hong Kong selling it. But that is all I could find so far. 

1radwerkstatt will have them soon as well.

Edited by RoadRunner

16X is the best wheel for me, but there are also some problems.. Dust inside the wheel is not good. Speed limiting from 50% battery is a problem for those you want to ride >30 km/h.

People are passionate about the wheel, it's an amazing wheel, that's why there is passionate to talk about the problems.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tadas said:

16X is the best wheel for me, but there are also some problems.. Dust inside the wheel is not good. Speed limiting from 50% battery is a problem for those you want to ride >30 km/h.

People are passionate about the wheel, it's an amazing wheel, that's why there is passionate to talk about the problems.

I hear you. It’s just I’ve had very little complaints on this thing. I love the tire. I love it so much I bought one for my Nikola Plus. It sucks that dirt gets in it. I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. As far as throttling goes that is annoying. However apparently they’re doing that for safety reasons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Well I can’t go passed 25mph on my Nikola Plus without it violently wobbling. So there you go. 

The rest of the Nikola Plus gang in NYC are happily doing 30mph + every day, so I think yours might be a rider issue. 👍 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KAY GEE said:

The rest of the Nikola Plus gang in NYC are happily doing 30mph + every day, so I think yours might be a rider issue. 👍 

That’s fine and dandy but there’s a little problem.  If it’s me why can I go over 30 mph on all my other wheels without an issue? Riddle me that :popcorn:

Just now, Patton250 said:

That’s fine and dandy but there’s a little problem.  If it’s me why can I go over 30 mph on all my other wheels without an issue? Riddle me that :popcorn:

Good day to you Sir, I'm afraid that would be a question that only you would be able to answer. 👍 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KAY GEE said:

Good day to you Sir, I'm afraid that would be a question that only you would be able to answer. 👍 

That’s exactly what I thought you’d say give or take a word or two. Absolutely nothing. Bow shot and miss. Good day to you also. Lol

Edited by Patton250

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm on a test firmware and so far it's not bad , we'll see what kingsongs next update will bring with the speed throttling 👍👍👍

Yeah, I'm still on 1.05. I'm going to hold on and wait until the official 1.07 comes out which will hopefully be the happy mid-way point for speed/throttling and safety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarpMudd said:

Yeah, I'm still on 1.05. I'm going to hold on and wait until the official 1.07 comes out which will hopefully be the happy mid-way point for speed/throttling and safety.

Once I've tested this firmware i might go back to 1.05😁😁

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stephen said:

Once I've tested this firmware i might go back to 1.05

Are you able to roll back to an earlier firmware on the King Song? I'm sure there are some guys out there that would like to know how to do so if it's possible?

Edited by fbhb

1 hour ago, stephen said:

When all this tyre issues started i was thinking my 16x is due soon i wonder what it's going to be like that's why i did a straight out of the box ride,, and guess what no problems

I've also done many more rides with the ks16x i absolutely love this wheel , so quite so smooth , acceleration is excellent, i pumped the tyre up to 30psi . And wow! What a ride,,, it is dangerous if you don't watch your speed because it gets to 30 mph easily without even noticing 👍 ,, so becarefull what your riding at that's the only reason i say it's dangerous lol 😁😁,, this wheel is amazing ,i hated the throttling and still do but I'm on a test firmware and so far it's not bad , we'll see what kingsongs next update will bring with the speed throttling 👍👍👍

Awesome.  I’m starting to get the feeling there are a lot more riders out there that are perfectly happy with it as well but haven’t mentioned it, good to hear.  I’ve been on the edge of my seat clinging to this thread, lol, still waiting on mine - it will be 2nd gen with the new tire and Fw 1.05 still on it due to the delay caused by the issues in Hong Kong and the tariff war.  Possibly next week.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 10:49 PM, buell47 said:

The reason for this is that the valve hole is drilled too far outside and the tyre cannot slide into the rim bed. Pressing, squeezing and pulling everything did not help, not even with lubricant.

The old tire already has a strong pressure point through the valve.

I have had the same situation actually, I was unable to push in the tire more close to the rim due to lack of space around the valve ....

I emptied the tire, massaged it and pumped it up like 3 times, now it is a bit worse than before, lol 

I haven't bothered to do more work and now I am used to it. Maybe I will try again when I have more time,

Don't know who you asked this, but YES, it affects the vobble a bit... but when having ridden arround 600km one gets the hang of how to avoid the vobble even with an uneven mounted tire :lol:.

Furthermore...

I can not describe how much I love this wheel, despite this tiny issue. Running still on 1.05 fw. It works good. If I'd want to push the wheel above 40kmph when battery is less than 50%, I'll do it intentionally, meaning this would be planned with careful acceleration. Since I only weigh around 65kg, I get a range of arround 11km/10% battery... So, I'll bee too tired after 50km and will almost never reach 50% battery :) . 

I am still learning the application to be aware of battery status etc, Right now...When out riding, I have the vibration set in darknesbot at 35kmph and beep set between 40-43(depending on mood and day). I've also set an alarm for 50% battery, I've found this useful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Once I've tested this firmware i might go back to 1.05😁😁

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Are you able to roll back to an earlier firmware on the King Song? I'm sure there are some guys out there that would like to know how to do so if it's possible?

This is news to me. I'm not aware of any capability of rolling back firmware versions on KingSong wheels.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slashebeest said:

Dealers are able to do this and since Stephen has the test firmware + "special" app, he can install 1.05, I'm not sure if kingsong is aware of this.

If kingsong are aware or not it's best to have all so i know the difference in firmware 😉 don't tell em😁

• Like 3