KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

One thing does come to mind though. The charger LED turns green in two situations: 1) The charging current drops below 0.4A or so, and 2) the BMS stops the charging completely.

I would first measure the battery voltage with a multimeter, just to have one more data point. The charging port is hot on the MSX (unless there is a protection diode), so you can measure the battery voltage from the charging port pins.

This is a King Song. The charge port only works in one direction (as it should :p )

21 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

So I'm sad to report that on todays ride, using 906 firmware, and playing music I encountered the tilt forward, followed by tilt back problem at low speed.

The tilt forward was subtle and an first I thought I was imagining it, then it transitioned about about 5 seconds into a 15 degree tilt back that lasted a good 10 seconds, while I slowed to see what was going on and dismounted. It remained tilted back while I was dismounted for a good 5 seconds before returning to normal.

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Have other people reported similar behavior? Or is this only a problem with your hardware. My Z10, and others Z10's does this, but most people don't see it. So in the case of the Z10, it's a hardware issue not firmware.

Yeah, I got the problem too.

I got the 16X yesterday and had the same problem several times during the first 25km tour. However, I only had the V1.0.6 on it, but not the BT-patch.
Bluetooth Music was completely deactivated in the KS-App. With BT on it was nearly unridable.

----------------------------

As feared, I'm not a fan of the CX321 tire either.

I started at 40PSI and I'm down step by step to 26PSI at 78KG weight, got better and better, but I find the tire too stiff and the gyro feeling starts really early, sucking.

Now I'm sitting here and just starting to exchange the tire for the CST-C1488, because I'm still waiting for the CYT-H5167.

Edited by buell47
  • Like 3

Give it some time, 25km is too early.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep the cx tire, really love the way it rides. 

So far I had no issues at all with my 16x(+-500km), no tilting or whatsoever. 

And I play music over BT. Although lately my average speed is to high to hear my music. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slashebeest said:

Give it some time, 25km is too early.

I also think that you can get used to it, also because from now on I will only drive with the 16X and my wife now drives on the V8. :thumbup:

But I think that the gyro feeling won't go away and will even get better when the tire is down a few hundred kilometers.

Bad asphalt with ruts or longitudinal waves, as well as cobblestones are a disaster. I hope this will change considerably with the CST or CYT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

This is a King Song. The charge port only works in one direction (as it should :p )

What is wrong with my eyes?! I totally read ”MSX” several times!

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Also the 5V circuit should be on when the charge plug is connected (remember the flashing brake leds when charging). This isn't happening either.

That might (also) give a hint of an actual battery problem. But this is just speculating, one would have to open the wheel up to measure the actual battery voltage.

Out on a ride before my holiday been 22 mile so far and 76v left , give the tyre a chance it softens over time i can tell you this wheel is a blast really 👍enjoyingScreenshot-20190912-120130-com-cooper-wh it 👍,,,,,  

Update ,,,end of ride no time left ,i love this wheel 😁😁

Screenshot-20190912-122951-com-cooper-wh
Screenshot-20190912-123300-com-kingsong-

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, stephen said:

Got this from kingsong after asking them to reduce throttling to 68v throttling loaded , so working with the speeds we have on xt 9.06 it's not a bad compromise from my Tests so far and want to keep it safe still . More testing after my holiday .. But as in my last video 30 miles at full speed isn't too bad and still 47% battery left and still getting 25mph then 18 mph below 30% battery,

If your under 90kg and still on 1.05 it's upto you to update, but i wouldn't update untill you see what's in next update

Greatly appreciate KS communication. Very disappointing that folks got injured and that this was not tested before release.  Again, I think it could be that new 2200W motor which creates a lot of torque which requires a lot of power.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, fryman said:

I think it could be that new 2200W motor which creates a lot of torque which requires a lot of power.

I can easily see how you can over power because it takes off (accelerate) at any speed so fast 👍

5 hours ago, stephen said:

Out on a ride before my holiday been 22 mile so far and 76v left , give the tyre a chance it softens over time i can tell you this wheel is a blast really 👍enjoying it 👍,,,,,  

Update ,,,end of ride no time left ,i love this wheel 😁😁

Your screen shots are killing me :laughbounce2:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

Who's got the CST C-1488 tire on it? The direction of rotation is missing from the tyre. What is this crap?

I put the CST on mine. Coming from a V8, the stock CX tire was quite unnerving. I had the same issue when mounting the CST--no indication of rotational direction on the sidewall (unless it's in Chinese). I studied pictures of the Nikola and oriented my tire the same way. So far so good. Loving the 16x.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, stephen said:

Lol i don't know how to resize🙁 it looks ok on my phone though 

Some day take a look on a computer, if you have one :D

• Like 1

Dust and dirt inside housing after just 25 km from new (20km clean pavement / 5 km forrest) :shock2:

Maybe this helps a little bit >>>

Newest mods

First mod

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, stephen said:

Lol i don't know how to resize🙁 it looks ok on my phone though 

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Some day take a look on a computer, if you have one :D

I happen to like the large screen shots. 

64D29FAD-4A85-4EB2-B59B-907D94ADCD21.gif

• Like 3

On 9/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, Blueblade said:

I can't help but wonder if you're on to something there.  You're not the first person to mention that avg > max math issue. Several have also mentioned getting dumped and hearing "please decelerate" after it is too late, and that the throttling which  is supposed to be proportional to demand doesn't seem to quite be that way in reality.

One can just imagine a situation where they are using the wrong variable(s) for some key calculations (say the average instead of max or vice versa) and the extra conservative throttling was put in place to add safety until the source of the error is discovered. Mistakes such as this are easy to make in code and sometimes hard to find.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking too.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:20 AM, stephen said:

I've asked kingsong on every email lol if they could provide the differences, all they told me was throttling started at 70v instead of 74v the rest I'm trying to find out by myself which makes it harder because I'm unknown to when tiltback kicks in ,, I've sent several emails with information and its limited response and say it will be passed on to engineers. They did say they wouldn't do throttling to start at 25% battery though

Did you ever do the Bluetooth update by usb?..... I've not played that much music while  riding  so i can't comment

Yes, I have performed the v1 BT USB update/fix - which is why I have the clipping issue. :-(   

Yes, the Tilt occurred in 1.06 as well, but it was limited to <3 seconds for me when it occurred.  In 906 we were greater than 15 seconds.     If I'm right about the tilt being related to a messed up variable (max speed and average speed being transposed as shown in the screen shots), then my traveling at higher speeds longer - which I'm doing for testing - is exposing an unaddressed bug present in all firmwares.

I'm not sure if they have additional changes in 906 over 1.06 other than the speed, but the Peddles feel a lot more ridged to me.

Old people often put a zimmer frame in their boot when driving somewhere, then take them out of their boot when reaching their destination and use it to help them walk.

(There, another word having a different meaning in other countries to confuse you more ;-) )

Ps, change Zimmer frame to walker, and boot to trunk, and it will all make sense

• Like 3