KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That's often the preference for zimmer-frame users...   :unsure:

3 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

That might need translating for three US.

Here they call them walking frames.

57 minutes ago, prasket said:

I have never heard of zimmer-frame or walking frames, what are they? :)

39 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

There, another word having a different meaning in other countries to confuse you more ;-) )

So glad you guys cleared this up. :confused1: Zimmer Frame?  I was thinking of an orthopedic scoliosis casting frame. :facepalm:

48727484703_82cfba4439_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 2:51 AM, Mike Paolini said:

So I'm sad to report that on todays ride, using 906 firmware, and playing music I encountered the tilt forward, followed by tilt back problem at low speed.

The tilt forward was subtle and an first I thought I was imagining it, then it transitioned about about 5 seconds into a 15 degree tilt back that lasted a good 10 seconds, while I slowed to see what was going on and dismounted. It remained tilted back while I was dismounted for a good 5 seconds before returning to normal.

Headlight was off, LEDs were on, music was BT streaming (Bitter Sweet Symphony), battery about 60% speed about 10 mph.  Rider weight 220 pounds.  Smooth level blacktop.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, buell47 said:

Yeah, I got the problem too.

I got the 16X yesterday and had the same problem several times during the first 25km tour. However, I only had the V1.0.6 on it, but not the BT-patch.
Bluetooth Music was completely deactivated in the KS-App. With BT on it was nearly unridable.

After the Bluetooth patch I drove over 45 km today. 30 km of it extremely off-road. Music ran continuously on approx. 80% volume. WheelLog was also running the whole time. 

I didn't have the tilt problem any more. I hope that remains so. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, buell47 said:

Dust and dirt inside housing after just 25 km from new (20km clean pavement / 5 km forrest) :shock2:

Maybe this helps a little bit >>>

That was a waste of time. 

Additionally I even sealed the complete housing from front to back with tape. (gap between inner and outer housing) and today after 45 km (30 km extreme offroad / 15km pavement) I have so much sand in the inner housing that I thought the lower LEDs are defective on a length of about 15 cm. But they weren't, the sand covered them completely.

The hole under the pedal holder was probably not overlooked, but is there to let the sand out again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

:confused1: Zimmer Frame?

Fair enough... I suppose it would have been nearly impossible to work that out.

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2

Hey! Just wondering if anyone knows how to update the KS16X firmware "manually". I'm currently on 1.05 and want to upgrade to 1.06 (I'm not a speed freak, and after my overlean a couple weeks ago which I'm still recovering from, I'm perfectly fine with higher safety margins in exchange for speed/torque). I have tried many times now to upgrade the firmware via the app. I connect to the wheel via Bluetooth, I choose "firmware upgrade", but the app just sits and whirs and never actually completes the update. I have let it sit for as long as 30 mins and still nothing.

In the app it says, as best I can tell there is a way to connect manually? I'm wondering if that involves downloading the firmware update file then updating via USB? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Edit: I lay the wheel on its side each time.

Edited by Reggie510

47 minutes ago, buell47 said:

The wheel must lay on the side while updating the firmware. 

1. Switch 16X on

2. Lay on the side

3. Start the update 

4. After update switch off

5. Switch on

6. Make a calibration

Thanks Buell. I actually do lay it on its side each time. Not sure what do at this point...

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

1. Switch 16X on

2. Lay on the side

3. Start the update 

5. Switch on

6. Make a calibration

@US69posted this and some other tips phone settings for ensuring it to complete. Now I search for the post but you can find on this forum. It was tips for the 1.06 and in general how to complete the firmware update successfully. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElectriQ User said:

WTH! What's happening with this wheel?

Well I ride it and I can't explain it but the more I adapt and understand how it behaves the more joy I get from riding it. The first 100km was ahhhh-"this is different" which is why I bought in the first place. 

The next 100km I am slow adapting my ride-style to do what this wheel do great. 

The more I ride the better I get to push the wheel. But I am not aiming to go for fastest possible acceleration or top speed, and then complaining about longest distance not beingg at top speed. 

So what is happening is me adapting as the HW work how it does. FW is developing too. 

Yet I have a bigger fat smile on my face at every ride. 

Did I miss anything in your question in that case?

Open questions will often not lead to specific answers. 

• Like 1

I like the off-road riding capability and the agility, but I'm not really happy with the sandbox inside and the early throttling at 74V to 35 km/h. 

I rode today 45km and riding home with 35 km/h and please decelerate. Today I was fine with that speed, but in a few days it looks different. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, buell47 said:

When using the Android Equalizer I get a clearer sound at high volume with these settings. It gets louder as well.
If I don't hear so loud, the bass can also be put back in the middle.

SmartSelect_20190913-104222_Nova Launcher.jpg

There's an Android Equalizer??!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buell47 said:

1. Switch 16X on

2. Lay on the side

3. Start the update 

5. Switch on

6. Make a calibration

I’ve never noticed this before but during the 1.06 update I found that each LED illuminates individually during the download process beginning from the front of the 16X  and transversing rearward.

It appears that each LED is staged to illuminate incrementally during the data transfer. Once the entire ring of lights are illuminated the download is complete. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I’ve never noticed this before but during the 1.06 update I found that each LED illuminates individually during the download process beginning from the front of the 16X  and transversing rearward.

It appears that each LED is staged to illuminate incrementally during the data transfer. Once the entire ring of lights are illuminated the download is complete. 

Yep... That is standard for all KS FW updates.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ElectriQ User said:

I don’t use FB. And yes there have been accidents otherwise why do you think KS reviewed their safety margins?

I don't know how many and under which circumstances it happened. 

It is still 1st batch, so I would not push to the limits on the wheel until 6 months of practical service with users. This is the downside to getting the latest. I knew that when buying my KS16X so I have accepted that in my choice. 

So what do you expect would happen when a new EUC is released? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

There's an Android Equalizer??!!

Not sure all Android Phones has a Equalizer, but Samsung has. 

I have a Galaxy Note 10+ and Note8, both have a Equalizer. 

Go to settings and type in the search box "sound quality". 

Screenshot_20190914-090521_Settings Suggestions.jpg

• Like 1

Is there any one that have hear anything about the 3rd party optional seat for the KS16X? 

Googling it, I found some FB based webstore in Hong Kong selling it. But that is all I could find so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I don’t use FB. And yes there have been accidents otherwise why do you think KS reviewed their safety margins?

I don't know how many and under which circumstances it happened. 

It is still 1st batch, so I would not push to the limits on the wheel until 6 months of practical service with users. This is the downside to getting the latest. I knew that when buying my KS16X so I have accepted that in my choice. 

So what do you expect would happen when a new EUC is released? 

But it's kind of funny we all are talking about safety issues on a wheel and it so happens that it is a King song wheel. Normally every one says GotWays are bad quality, so far, I've been very nervous to push the 16X, limit set at 45km/h. The same can't be said for my GotWay wheels, I pushed them to the limit without thinking of any issues. 👍 

• Like 2