KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

48 minutes ago, stephen said:

Testing firmware ks16xt 9.06

Firmware seems Pretty good so far ,well better than 1.06 😀maybe it might get tweaked a little more

I did notice no tiltback on a few occasions when it said please decelerate,it should tilt at the same time

Things may vary for different people as it's based on voltage usuage ,,weight terrain,wind etc

I did a video when battery reached 30% 

Not getting tiltback early now ,,here's the vid 

Only as accurate as in real time filming

Thanks for all your testing Stephen.  We still need to get to 25% till throttling or at least 25mph to 25% before throttling.

47 minutes ago, stephen said:

Testing firmware ks16xt 9.06

Firmware seems Pretty good so far ,well better than 1.06 😀maybe it might get tweaked a little more

I did notice no tiltback on a few occasions when it said please decelerate,it should tilt at the same time

Things may vary for different people as it's based on voltage usuage ,,weight terrain,wind etc

I did a video when battery reached 30% 

Not getting tiltback early now ,,here's the vid 

Only as accurate as in real time filming

I have set my warning to 35kmh as I am still syncing to the wheel (best way to explain it) but tiltback at 40kmh. This gives me plenty of warning  before hitting the dreaded tiltback in a situation where I really don't want it to happen. 

This is my last ride so you see I don't speed that much

I am more floating around and this mean I get to hear people discussing as I pass them. It seems to happen more often when wearing my TSG Pass acid yellow helmet and mirrored (silver visor). Admitted it looks pretty cool. 😎😁👍

https://euc.world/tour/578633289161095#

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Adel said:

It's better not to get tiltback that may throw you off at speed and cause you to lose balance and fall.  Audio warnings and beeps are enough. 

17 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice job Steve! I would rather have a polite voice encouraging me to de-accelerate than have an unexpected tilt back. IMO throttling back to 18MPH is a satisfactory speed to reach your final destination. 

If you don't want tilt back set a speed so it just beeps but for low voltage  and top speed use and its the last chance before you faceplant I'd rather have both

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fryman said:

Thanks for all your testing Stephen.  We still need to get to 25% till throttling or at least 25mph to 25% before throttling.

I did acheive 25mph going down to about 30% battery then it dipped off to the video information I've done 👍

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Unventor said:

But honestly how often do you run from full battery to empty anyway?

I like to stay out long as i can ,, until the batters nearly gone 😁 as long as I've had my fun down to 30-40% of the battery i can then chill out and return home 😊

30 minutes ago, fryman said:

Its about performance and distance for me.  A 1600wh wheel  should be able to use up more battery before throttling like the KS18XL.

At least the test firmware is alot better than the 1.06 which i was so upset about , 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fryman said:

I,m not a speedster the fastest I go on my 16S is 19 mph no throttling till 20-25ish. Its about performance and distance for me.  A 1600wh wheel  should be able to use up more battery before throttling like the KS18XL. I am a safety first person but we should not lower our expectations or standards for this wheel.

So you argue that since a KS18XL 1554wh wheel do one thing then a KS16X 1554Wh so do the same? 

You are away they do not perform equal in teams of acceleration and braking and maneuverability? But yet you want same range and speed? 

If you go back to when this was released you would see you can got close to the top speed but not if do it aggressively. 

I guess I am just blind but I really still don't see the issue here, at all. Some might see the battery 1554Wh and translate that to a range/speed figure. But if you thought it was that simply, you have been fooling yourself big time. It would be similar to saying all cars with a 2L engine and 50L petrol tank should go same speed and distance. 

The demard on the battery is coming into okay here and what the motor need to maintain balance at any given point. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

guess I am just blind but I really still don't see the issue here, at all. Some might see the battery 1554Wh and translate that to a range/speed figure. But if you thought it was that simply, you have been fooling yourself big time. It would be similar to saying all cars with a 2L engine and 50L petrol tank should go same speed and distance. 

The demard on the battery is coming into okay here and what the motor need to maintain balance at any given point. 

The 16x is a smaller wheel to the 18" wheels so the motor has to spin faster (more rotations)than an 18" so will use more power and you won't get simalar speeds

Or should i say same power but less speed i think this is correct

Edited by stephen

11 minutes ago, addxyz said:

So the current FW issues are an overzealous safety issue and not a fundamental design issue? Trying to hop on either a 16X or and 18XL and it seems like so many more people favor the 16X still regardless.

I think @Duf said it pretty well in this final review series of KS16X. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, addxyz said:

So the current FW issues are an overzealous safety issue and not a fundamental design issue? Trying to hop on either a 16X or and 18XL and it seems like so many more people favor the 16X still regardless.

The 16x feels like an 18" wheel but more nimble, yes they have over done 1.06 saftey measures which they are addressing, so spot on👍

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That is my mental mantra as well but unfortunately my feet and legs are possessed with a totally different mindset. 

Well let's put that to a test. Forrest @Rehab1 Gump. 😁Speed and range test. 

1 hour ago, stephen said:

At least the test firmware is alot better than the 1.06 which i was so upset about , 👍

Hey Steve, did KS recommend that you conduct any specific testing on the performance characteristics of the beta 1.07?

Edited by Rehab1

9 minutes ago, Kens said:

u7enzYo.jpg

Oh very eloquent! You are brimming with words :lol: #wordoftheday

Pithy it similar but unfortunately saliva always leaps out of my mouth.:facepalm:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Regarding weatherproofing: Does anyone know what happens to the water that gets inside the handle holes? 

Can you trace it? Open the side covers and just follow where water could flows down.

1 hour ago, chrisjunlee said:

Regarding weatherproofing: Does anyone know what happens to the water that gets inside the handle holes? 

54 minutes ago, Kens said:

Can you trace it? Open the side covers and just follow where water could flows down.

Unfortunately not every aspect of any wheel is totally waterproof. If there were drain holes for the handle then water would infiltrate through them. 

To be prudent I would just cover the handle if your washing the KS16X or happen to get caught in the rain. 

• Like 1