New GotWay Nikola 17''

7 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

this wheel also functions as a Lighter for anyone who still smokes.

Oh Sweet! I was just thinking that my 18xl could improve now that weed is legal in California. I can ride around and make it look like my wheel has exhaust! 

19 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

There are a few terms on the spec page that are new to me, including Dimernsion, Cruising Rang, Batter and Batter Type, and Energy Recoery. Apparently this wheel also functions as a Lighter for anyone who still smokes. And are Pannasonic Batters a thing? I hope this is a misspelling and not some cheap knockoff battery brand.

I'm sure there are a ton of people hereabouts who would happy to proof-read their copy before it goes out to unsuspecting users.

LOL, "Lighter" :lol:

For anyone who hasn't seen the aforementioned:

50411486_1973155769644631_92327052670769

.... and the official Gotway Nikola spec sheet I believe: https://www.facebook.com/download/2267040050281681/Nikola 84V spec.xlsx?hash=AcpmvjnrkLZDEq4L

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 1

On 1/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, Marty Backe said:

One thing is for sure, every time I cuss at the stupid trolley handle, I'll be thinking of the guy in NYC who loves it ;)

Just think of it as a gearshift stick... People also thought the earth was flat... Opinion changes as they got used to it. 

Even a Mr. H. Ford managed to do it. You want a horse and wagon or a black automobile with a odd name as Ford model T.... History will show in within a decade @Marty Backe will love the scorp trolley too... Not because it is easy....but because he choose to.. To be able to ride The Gotway :thumbup::clap3::w00t2:and watch the moon. 

Sorry Marty I couldn't help myself. 😩

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, "Lighter" :lol:

For anyone who hasn't seen the aforementioned:

50411486_1973155769644631_92327052670769

.... and the official Gotway Nikola spec sheet I believe: https://www.facebook.com/download/2267040050281681/Nikola 84V spec.xlsx?hash=AcpmvjnrkLZDEq4L

The official specs are somewhat better, although

Cruising range   -   65-160km in real test

seems a bit vague.

Maybe 160km (100 miles) is what you get when the test starts at the top of a mountain, while 65 is level ground.

Edited by winterwheel

While I think that shot going through the water was cool, I’m not sure how often you’d want to be doing that.. My friend basically destroyed his OneWheel bearings going through water like that, and based off the disassembly video it looks like for some reason Gotway decided to face the speakers inwards towards the wheel (still a bit confused about that) so who knows how durable they’ll be. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

While I think that shot going through the water was cool, I’m not sure how often you’d want to be doing that.. My friend basically destroyed his OneWheel bearings going through water like that, and based off the disassembly video it looks like for some reason Gotway decided to face the speakers inwards towards the wheel (still a bit confused about that) so who knows how durable they’ll be. 

Yeah. That part and the cheesy music were hilarious! It's the freaking ocean! Why anyone would want to submerge their electric vehicle in (salt) water like that is beyond me. 😂 And on the trolley handle tip, I agree with @houseofjob. V5F trolley handle kicks ass for urban use. It allows you to pivot the handle in your palm and get away with some really tight turning. Excellent control. Can't really compare it to the XL. Totally different feel. Excellent trolley handle also, but with the extra weight, I don't feel like I can maneuver it as well as the V5F. And I happen to be one of the 2nd floor apt guys. I'm actually a bit more worried about my arm tearing out of socket, than my little screws coming out...😜 Gonna have to build an analog elevator with pulleys and ropes for the wheel. 

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

2 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Yeah. That part and the cheesy music were hilarious! It's the freaking ocean! Why anyone would want to submerge their electric vehicle in (salt) water like that is beyond me. 😂 And on the trolley handle tip, I agree with @houseofjob. V5F trolley handle kicks ass for urban use. It allows you to pivot the handle in your palm and get away with some really tight turning. Excellent control. Can't really compare it to the XL. Totally different feel. Excellent trolley handle also, but with the extra weight, I don't feel like I can maneuver it as well as the V5F. And I happen to be one of the 2nd floor apt guys. I'm actually a bit more worried about my arm tearing out of socket, than my little screws coming out...😜 Gonna have to build an analog elevator with pulleys and ropes for the wheel. 

I've ridden my MSupers and Tesla through the ocean water. I really don't see the big deal. Get home, rinse the wheel off with a hose, and go on with your day.

I love beach riding :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've ridden my MSupers and Tesla through the ocean water. I really don't see the big deal. Get home, rinse the wheel off with a hose, and go on with your day.

I love beach riding :thumbup:

Easy for someone with 27 wheels to say...Lol. If I want beach and ocean, I'll go surfing...😎

Btw, @Marty BackeBacke, when are we riding? I'm off Friday Saturday and Sunday this weekend...😀

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Er, where might I find this 'hose' you speak of in APT filled NYC? 😜

If you simply start a fire the NY Fire department will happily (and quickly I might add) bring you this 'hose'. It's like a new Door Dash or Uber service. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Er, where might I find this 'hose' you speak of in APT filled NYC? 😜

The same place that you find the California beach to go riding on :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

for some reason Gotway decided to face the speakers inwards towards the wheel (still a bit confused about that) 

BA BA BA BA BASS!!

if you turn small cheap Bluetooth speakers towards the wall instead of straight at you, you can turn the music up and get some bass instead of that sharp piercing noise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

BA BA BA BA BASS!!

if you turn small cheap Bluetooth speakers towards the wall instead of straight at you, you can turn the music up and get some bass instead of that sharp piercing noise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Pretty idiotic really. It's all very well playing Aquaman on preproduction Wheel, but for any normal Customer who then infers it has the same IP rating as a submarine, puts it to a test with a resulting warranty request when their bearings/motor seizes up (or the battery catches on fire) is going to be in for a rude surprise when Gotway resolutely reject their claim. Clearly there's a cognitive disconnect with Gotway failing to think through the consequences of promoting action that will inevitably destroy this expensive hardware.   

Same with promotion ads sjowing people jumping off this and that as if it was a scateboatd. Then they reject bend axels and damaged bearind/rims and broken pedales. 

This is typical for marketing people not being in touch with construction and service department. As in any other businesses. 

Key word here: set right expetations, do not over-promise what you can do. Sooner or later it will hit right back at you if you do.

Edited by Unventor
I do not in any way imply GW are worse or better in this reguard, just for the record.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Waiting for my first underwater ride at a nice coral reef somewhere:wub:

Here you go meepmeep: 😎

https://m.hammacher.com/product/underwater-scooter?cm_cat=ProductSEM&cm_pla=AdWordsPLA&source=PRODSEM&gclid=CjwKCAiAyfvhBRBsEiwAe2t_i8yhHnylpHiIG6Pz0de77YMofw_uqOuyXcmDNKNEiOqnJePshbk0sBoCKLUQAvD_BwE

91917_1000x1000.jpg

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Doesn't look like a EUC;) Give me a watertight EUC and a weight belt. I'm serious, this is the standard wheels should be built to. No more worrying driving near water, or through water that would be too deep if you had a run-off and the wheel fell over.

Nikola seems to be going in the opposite direction with those unprotected speakers:mellow:

On 1/15/2019 at 10:33 AM, Rama Douglas said:

Easy for someone with 27 wheels to say...Lol. If I want beach and ocean, I'll go surfing...😎

Btw, @Marty BackeBacke, when are we riding? I'm off Friday Saturday and Sunday this weekend...😀

I can probably do something early Sunday afternoon, and the weather is looking promising :) Did you have anything specific in mind?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can probably do something early Sunday afternoon, and the weather is looking promising :) Did you have anything specific in mind?

Not sure about where really. I only rode once on some of the LA river trails (and really liked it~Emerald Necklace). I like the route you take to get up towards the mts. and back(e) 😎. Also that Long Beach ride looks badass! I'm game for something like that. Or if you have better ideas, lmk! I'll go wherever but not looking to do a (long) off-road just yet, nor a submersible oceanic tour either for that matter. 😜...Plus it'll probably be very muddy still on Sunday. Paved and fast would rock. Perhaps you can coach me up to 31...Over 25mph still feels a bit scary. (Especially on these wet roads 😬.)

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Not sure about where really. I only rode once on some of the LA river trails (and really liked it~Emerald Necklace). I like the route you take to get up towards the mts. and back(e) 😎. Also that Long Beach ride looks badass! I'm game for something like that. Or if you have better ideas, lmk! I'll go wherever but not looking to do a (long) off-road just yet, nor a submersible oceanic tour either for that matter. 😜...Plus it'll probably be very muddy still on Sunday. Paved and fast would rock. Perhaps you can coach me up to 31...Over 25mph still feels a bit scary. (Especially on these wet roads 😬.)

Yeah, agreed regarding any off-road riding. Everything is going to be muddy for the next couple of weeks.

Unfortunately I'm less of a speed demon now, and especially until my arm/shoulder heals. I'm afraid I'm a lower-20's guy now.

Also, I won't be on the XL because I had to give mine up (for now) :(

If you're game for a 45-mile south river ride to the Queen Mary and back, how about that? I can post the ride to see if others might join us. It would be like this one: 

• Upvote 1