New GotWay Nikola 17''

21 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Perfect! I'm in. 😁 Where to meet? By your place I presume?

Yes, just like that post. Meet at ~11:30 so we can be on the road by noon and back by 4. Come with a fully charged battery :)

I'll create a Group Ride announcement.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Perfect! I'm in. 😁 Where to meet? By your place I presume?

I posted the announcement. If you want, maybe spread the word on Facebook.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

ecodrift Gotway Nikola teardown

Nicely channeled on the inside. They have learned a thing or two from their competitors. The attention to detail might win them over some KS16S customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Nicely channeled on the inside. They have learned a thing or two from their competitors. The attention to detail might win them over some KS16S customers.

Yeah, my only thing is @meepmeepmayer's point that there is sooo much wasted space for moar battery

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yeah, my only thing is @meepmeepmayer's point that there is sooo much wasted space for moar battery

I know. What is Gotway thinking. They could be the first company to offer a 2400wh 16-inch wheel. That's drool worthy for me :dribble:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

🤔🤔 true, but isn't GW giving this 1600wh? Shit. I am having difficulty running down the 1600wh on the XL around DC. Everywhere I go I return with about 40% battery. Perhaps they are planning to start with 1600wh and then offer an higher range 2400wh version sort of how KS offered the 18L.

As it is it will have a decent weight, greater refinement, and sweet range. It's already a mega-seller.

It's got me thinking. My oldest kid rides the 18L. I was planning to buy another 18L for my middle kid. I'm thinking that maybe he would like this GW. It would in the very least be interesting to have a brand besides KS in my household 😉👍.

Aside from briefly contemplating the MSX, Until now I ultimately deemed everything from GW and other manufacturers unworthy of this honor. But, now the Nikola has me going 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔. GW has finally got me truly interested in something they have made. 

Edited by Lutalo
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

They are probably going to do what KS did by releasing a first batch of em at lower battery, make some $, and then put out a Nikola "XL"... Definitely agree with you guys about using all that empty space for more batteries...I mean they are probably very well aware of the addictive behaviors we possess regarding EUC, and could be just thinking of $ale$...🤔

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

They are probably going to do what KS did by releasing a first batch of em at lower battery, make some $, and then put out a Nikola "XL"... Definitely agree with you guys about using all that empty space for more batteries...I mean they are probably very well aware of the addictive behaviors we possess regarding EUC, and could be just thinking of $ale$...🤔

Gotway doesn't usually play with battery configs to sell more wheels like King Song does.

The only time Gotway has done this (650Wh > 800Wh MCM5) was due to the overall battery scarcity squeeze brought on by Apple / Samsung / Tesla demand.

29 minutes ago, Michael Hernandez said:

1850wh at 100v would probably be the move instead of 2400wh, just like the monster. Could do burn-outs with that acceleration!

100V would be the only way I buy a Nikola.

And the spacing would only allow for 2 of the 100V rectangular 615 Wh packs, total-ing 1230Wh, just like the 100V MSX.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just bland, I still prefer the look of V3s and the MSX much more than this. 

It does look like they did a better wiring job, but still the same pedal arms that need shims. And I dont think any manufacturer needs to be putting a screw behind a sticker, could have made the logo another rubber cap. 

Spec wise this is my perfect wheel though (as long as the smaller mosfet set up doesnt pose an issue on steep mnt bike tails). 

Maybe it will grow on me, I didnt like the look of the MCM5 when I first saw it either. Then I saw @Marty Backe almost become speachless flying up overheat hill and suddenly the wheel was gorgeous :P

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

100V would be the only way I buy a Nikola.

And the spacing would only allow for 2 of the 100V rectangular 615 Wh packs, total-ing 1230Wh, just like the 100V MSX.

If they make a 100v version they might as well just take my wallet. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Flying W said:

And I dont think any manufacturer needs to be putting a screw behind a sticker, could have made the logo another rubber cap

Unfortunately, they all seem to want to put screws in places that force the removal of adhesive parts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Gotway doesn't usually play with battery configs to sell more wheels like King Song does.

Just a minute ago they didnt make round, sleek, sexy wheels either. But look at them now. :D👍

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

1600Wh is fine, but increasing the shell size without maximizing placement for more battery is a bit head-scratching, ala how all InMotion wheels have a whole side shell of dead empty space.

🤔🤔🤔 OK, I see. 

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Jason has confirmed that he is getting one of these pre-production Nikola's sent directly to me from Gotway. Hopefully I'll have it within a month. Than the testing begins :dribble:

It'll eventually be in @houseofjob's hands for the city testing, but this time you get to wait :P

Very nice indeed i can't wait for the vids ,even though i don't think i like the round shape and big lights but it might grow on me 😌 ,, but i do like euc videos😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

No complaints here. You Are the biggest Gotway cheerleader in the Western English-speaking world, seems appropriate :lol:

Maybe it'll be a little warmer when you get it too. Always looking for the brighter side of things :efee6b18f3:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Gotway doesn't usually make "pretty" wheels either ...😜 Heck, I'm just excited Marty's getting it first this go around so I can have a lil sample ride! 😁

• Like 2

Initially, I wasn't impressed with the design at 1st, but Gotway have certainly won me over with their new recent models. I have really enjoyed each one I have tested, pretty sure this one will be a winner! 

The new models from Gotway have all been great, definitely an improvement over old ones of the past, it has been ages since we have heard of any mechanical or firmware failures. Looks like the tide is changing!

Edited by ED209
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1