New GotWay Nikola 17''

5 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I have stayed quiet on this GW disappointment till now. All I can say is it looks like a KS 18L had sex with a V10F and this is the offspring... I am extremely happy I currently own an ACM as well as a Tesla. When I was thinking/hoping GW would design their next gen Tesla, I envisioned something similar, 3" tire, same motor and mosfet's (seem to be quite reliable) and at least 1300 batt... Safe, Reliable, Fast with me able to control tiltback etc.(thanks GW) is all I need/want, the circus lights can go, If I want attention, I will sign up for Facebook and post endless selfies :efeee20b79:

Even a good respectful decent man can only hold his tongue for so long. Don’t worry we understand. 

The GotWay fans ( like me ) are funny about the lights. At first we are disappointed because we don’t have lights. So we compensate for it.  Lights?! We don’t need lights!!! We are MEN not attention seeking like girls!  I still turn the lights off on my KS when I ride it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll always love my ACM, but pretty it's not :)

Yea it's not exactly pretty, but from some angles (mostly from the front/back) it has the best silhouette, along with the Monster.

Also one can see beauty in a simple, readable, compact design that most of all wastes little space:efee8319ab: *cough* KingSongs, Nikola, MSX, so many others*

• Like 1

11 hours ago, houseofjob said:

@EcoDrift if you don't cover this in your review, please let us know what the Nikola softest mode is like, either stiff like the MSuperX or super soft like the MSuperV3, thanks!

@houseofjob will back me up! Quote of 2018: "Tishawn likes it soft"

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm certainly warming up to the looks of the Nikola, but I really like the new features.

I'm now a big fan of ring lights, but here's the thing, you can always (except for the Mten3 :unsure:) turn them off. So everyone is happy.

Is it possible to change the lights of the MSX from rainbow to something less xmas-tree-ish? Something like blue with read for braking?

29 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Is it possible to change the lights of the MSX from rainbow to something less xmas-tree-ish? Something like blue with read for braking?

No. Unfortunately Gotway has a very limited color pallet and they all seem centered around Christmas. Hoping  that the Nikola may have app control of the lights.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EcoDrift said:

super soft...

@Tishawn Fahie will be pleased with that News!

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2018 at 4:00 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Those estimates were based on the analogous 18XL pricing from Europe, with taxes, shipping, local margin, etc. It's really a bizarre world we live in, where the PRC slaps on an Export Duty Charge, & since August 23rd, we're now paying an additional 25% once they make landfall—which is factored into the price. 

We get a fair amount of inquiries from Europe, I tell these prospective Customers that it doesn't make any sense to ship Wheels to the EU, because not only are they going to have to pay the Fedex Express rates, but then pay a 3rd tax (VAT) on import!!! While  Electric cars are receiving massive $7,500 subsides, eScooters/Wheels get double/tripled taxed, how is this fair!   

I just came across this comment Jason. You are 100% right on the absurdity that ECARS are subsidised, yet Portable Electric Transport/Vehicles (PETs or PEVs) like EUC and E-Scooters are taxed. While the population of cities around the world are growing, congestion and air pollution is also getting worse and these PETs/PEVs can solve air pollution and congestion in our cities. In cities like London and Paris, especially in the heart of the city where having a car just does not make sense for some, PETs/PEVs are a viable means of transportation for most people. ECARS can not solve congestion. We have set up an organisation https://petuk.org/ to remedy this. Please check it out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

I just came across this comment Jason. You are 100% right on the absurdity that ECARS are subsidised, yet Portable Electric Transport/Vehicles (PETs or PEVs) like EUC and E-Scooters are taxed. While the population of cities around the world are growing, congestion and air pollution is also getting worse and these PETs/PEVs can solve air pollution and congestion in our cities. In cities like London and Paris, especially in the heart of the city where having a car just does not make sense for some, PETs/PEVs are a viable means of transportation for most people. ECARS can not solve congestion. We have set up an organisation https://petuk.org/ to remedy this. Please check it out. 

It means that US companies manufacturing these PLEVs will have an easier time trying to compete with cheaper Chinese imports.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:29 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

ACM!!!:wub:

Me neither can honestly say I find it drop dead gorgeous, but with that being said... :)

To me functionality and design goes hand in hand with the aesthetic looks, it is simple and robust, clean and functional. My 67v may have it's problems apart from that the design just work, I may be in minority I in this regard but I have no idea really, still I love the simplistic, clean, functional design and the fact that it have no disco lights or PA system.

Sometimes less really is more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That thing is huge! Nearly Monster size! Ok, maybe the lady isn't exactly 6 foot and makes it look bigger, but still... my ACM is about as tall as the USB ports or power button is high (black indentations above the light), with essentially the same tire size!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The ACMs are boring to look at, that's why I like them. I'm always trying to remember how to turn off the lights when I ride the V8. So obviously the aesthetic of this new wheel is not for me as someone who most of the time just wants to get to and from work without putting on too much of a show. 

The size of the Nikola is also problem for me; makes it a bit harder to ride in the gusty cross winds that sometimes come when crossing big bridges. 

Very happy to see it running in winter conditions though.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Upvote 1

You guys can Photo Shop this monstrosity all day long and it wouldn't help, I am just not feeling it "AT ALL"... just one useless guys opinion :facepalm:

Guess I will save my money for the next/next Gen when the designers come down from their "High", must be getting their hands on some really good shit! :whistling:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Guess I will save my money for the next/next Gen when the designers come down from their "High", must be getting their hands on some really good shit! :whistling:

It's ok, they include some of the "good shit" in the box :cheers:

• Like 2