Gotway MSuper X arrived

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's not a perspective thing. The MSuper X is a big, brutish wheel. That should be part of its appeal :thumbup:

All 18-inch wheels feel quite a bit bigger than their smaller brethren. You get used to it rather quickly.

I’ve ridden the first gen Msuper v3 (:blink:) a bit, and compared to my 2.5” tired 16S there was no discernible difference in handling the wheel by hand. Riding it felt very nice, everything I hoped for a 18”, yet it still never felt big. I’m a tall guy so I’m sure I have no problem with riding the X either. But lifting and fitting it to my ”workshop” table will be an issue. Better have no issues then! :P

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jpd said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fRVMweger7bRxVtPA

msuper x arrived today :thumbup: charging the battery now. Will be doing a comparison tonight with the v10f. 

Thanks for the interior photos! We know the quality is good where it matters, but boy does the interior look like a mess! Is that shitty duct tape from the factory?

Also, is the side pad glued on wrongly? Where did you buy from?

Still an awesome wheel, just asking:efee47c9c8:

Didn't realize the V10 is that big.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thanks for the interior photos! We know the quality is good where it matters, but boy does the interior look like a mess! Is that shitty duct tape from the factory?

Also, is the side pad glued on wrongly? Where did you buy from?

Still an awesome wheel, just asking:efee47c9c8:

Didn't realize the V10 is that big.

Yeah, the duct tape is from factory.  I believe it was just placed there to keep the connectors from moving around, as the battery came disconnected. I was also surprised at the size, I thought the msuperx would’ve been a little bigger than the v10f. I bought the wheel from Jason (ewheels)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jpd said:

these are the modes I can do with the power button, not sure if there are more modes in the app . The iOS app doesn’t work :( 

Thanks for the video.  Not a big rainbow fan.  A single solid glowing color would have been nice.  I think the MCM5 has a single red pattern.  Looks like a fun wheel.  I’m glad to see the improvements they’ve made.

I want light, front and rear and please do implement clever brake patterns etc that I can choose between, that is great.

However, on a personal level anything discotheque, epilepsy creating stuff I will survive even if not implemented, personal taste and ability to choose though is a beautiful thing and leaving us with choices the right way to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jpd said:

these are the modes I can do with the power button, not sure if there are more modes in the app . The iOS app doesn’t work :( 

I figured out the app and no, there aren’t any more lighting modes.

1 hour ago, Jpd said:

I personally find Gotways designteam to be the best. This is a superb design from all angles. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jpd said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fRVMweger7bRxVtPA

msuper x arrived today :thumbup: charging the battery now. Will be doing a comparison tonight with the v10f. 

sorry, but with insides that look like a child put it together, i would no feel safe riding it.  

Edited by eddiemoy

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Hey @Jpd, where and when did you order the x?, I’m waiting on mine

I ordered from ewheels. I had preordered a couple months ago and I paid the extra for air delivery.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Can't wait to get mine.

We are all waiting for you to get yours & take it up those hills to get a real off road perspective of what it's capable of. It will be especially interesting to see how the Msuper X does after your recent MCM5 revelations too.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rhada said:

ordered mine today at wheel tech store, will see when it arrives, it seems it's the 3rd batch. 

Did anyone know on which batcht they fixed the „tiltback and pedal weakness“ problems?

I guess it was from 2. batch on, or? @Tbx Nicolas ??

17 minutes ago, US69 said:

Did anyone know on which batcht they fixed the „tiltback and pedal weakness“ problems?

I guess it was from 2. batch on, or? @Tbx Nicolas ??

According to @mrelwood current batch being shipped have been fixed.

23 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

@Xoltri or @Jpd did either one of you get the seat with MSX?  Can you please share a photo.

No, mine didn’t ship with the seat although when I asked Jason a few days ago he said that it would.

• Like 1