Gotway MSuper X arrived

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I don't know where that came from, but that is pure bullshit.  If that were the case, I would not even ride their product.  I'm a safety biased guy.  Just so happens that GW screwed themselves by releasing unsafe products and hence their reputation.  I would push their product if it was good.  But I think I have a duty to warn people if they are buying into a product that has a failure rate of 15%.  That isn't my number, it is Jason's number a popular seller of all wheels.

I like KS because they make safer wheels (fact, based on failure rates from Jason), they ride better (that is my opinion), they are designed better (my opinion, and if you look at the inside, you would probably agree).

Sorry @Acturbo, I'll stop bashing them when they get their rep out of the gutter.  

Couldn't just "like" this post, I had to respond to it to reinforce the point being made.  One of the big weaknesses of this forum is that you can get poor information if you're a newb and not especially well-researched about wheels.  Drives me nuts.  Thank goodness Eddie has the personal integrity to voice his opinion for the betterment of those newbs so that they can make an informed decision. 

None of the Gotway fanboys will ever mention to a newb they're recommending buy a Gotway that they have a 15-20% failure rate out of the box.  They'll swear up and down that they're "objective" in order be perceived as credible, and may even believe it, but conspicuously omit that critical information and rationalize it by saying that it's not their responsibility to do the necessary research for the newb, while at the same time being the first to respond in recommendation threads.  The problem is that this forum is so small that one loud voice carries way more weight than it should.  

Eddie was courteous enough not to downvote that poster for his baseless accusation, but I'm not...

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, borsuke said:

I am about to buy this MSuper X awesome machine :)

Currently I am having KingSong 16s. I feel like I need slightly higher top speed and a bit more comfort and a better range.
Half of my everyday journey to work (10 km one way) is a road where I can go quick. Another half is full of pedestrians that I need to be careful about.

I like in the 16s that I can stop quite quickly in case something happens. 

Week ago I had a chance to test the new KingSong 18L. It is a nice wheel but I was quite disappointed about the stopping distance and acceleration. 
In fact it was slow so much that I fall of the wheel twice leaning to much before I have learned that I can not stop that quickly. When we compared the stopping distance the 18L needed double the distnace to stop! When we changed the 18L from hard mode to the soft mode the difference was not that significant but the 18L was still not as good as 16s at stopping.

Anyone here knows if Monster X will stop slower or faster then my KS16s?

Thanks in advance for all your input. It's a great forum!

I recently rode an KS18L and it is not slow at all, it accelerated fast and has a good top speed as well. It takes longer to brake than my ACM2 but that's obvious. U most likely were riding an 18L that wasn't unlocked yet so the speed was still restricted. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Clearly Gotway has been making steady improvements in quality. I think that's undeniable. They still have much to do, but they aren't ignoring people such as yourself.

I agree with @eddiemoy regarding KS and this post from @Marty Backe is spot on in my opinion... I will say that I am purchasing a Gotway after I own 3 KS wheels. I have made a decision that they are filling the gap for what I think the KS is missing for the riding I do... This includes top speed and the throttling back as the batteries go down, and max distance. I think the MCM5 will be a great replacement for my 14D, and better than getting a 14S because of the reasons above. I am hoping the steady improvements have been applied to this new wheel so my personal safety is not in jeopardy. I will say that the Vid of Marty crashing after going over the small curb was disturbing, and I see why people have a negative view in addition to the shell quality...etc... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I agree with @eddiemoy regarding KS and this post from @Marty Backe is spot on in my opinion... I will say that I am purchasing a Gotway after I own 3 KS wheels. I have made a decision that they are filling the gap for what I think the KS is missing for the riding I do... This includes top speed and the throttling back as the batteries go down, and max distance. I think the MCM5 will be a great replacement for my 14D, and better than getting a 14S because of the reasons above. I am hoping the steady improvements have been applied to this new wheel so my personal safety is not in jeopardy. I will say that the Vid of Marty crashing after going over the small curb was disturbing, and I see why people have a negative view in addition to the shell quality...etc... 

His shell was fine after that minor fall. I can't see how that tiny spill was disturbing at all, those happen all the time with every wheel. 

Edited by Adumb

28 minutes ago, Adumb said:

His shell was fine after that minor fall. I can't see how that tiny spill was disturbing at all, those happen all the time with every wheel. 

it wasn't the spill, it was the reason... and the fact that the shell from this one spill did not get damaged does not make the lacking of quality a non-issue at least for me... I am not taking sides or bashing Gotway, If you spend a little time researching the history of issues of the company with the electronics and build quality you will get a little understanding on where my opinion came from as well why @eddiemoy has a strong opinion as he does... even @Marty Backe just stated "Clearly Gotway has been making steady improvements in quality. I think that's undeniable. They still have much to do, but they aren't ignoring people such as yourself"... I am good with my decisions and will look and hope things steadily improve...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

The minor spill Marty had last year on the Msuper was when GW shipped their wheels with a bad update to their firmware.  It doesn’t happen to all wheels, but it is part of the maturing process when a company refine their firmware.  They didn’t catch it during their “testing”.  I find it strange that GW cannot reflash firmware with a phone like others. Jason had to personally reflash all the affected units with some special tool shipped to him by GW.  

One other firmware that would dump you at high speed is the Ninebot One.  But they quickly fixed that with some firmware updates. 

I'm talking about the mcm5 vid

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

it wasn't the spill, it was the reason... and the fact that the shell from this one spill did not get damaged does not make the lacking of quality a non-issue at least for me... I am not taking sides or bashing Gotway, If you spend a little time researching the history of issues of the company with the electronics and build quality you will get a little understanding on where my opinion came from as well why @eddiemoy has a strong opinion as he does... even @Marty Backe just stated "Clearly Gotway has been making steady improvements in quality. I think that's undeniable. They still have much to do, but they aren't ignoring people such as yourself"... I am good with my decisions and will look and hope things steadily improve...

I know the history haha I don't need to research anything Thx. I'm saying the mcm5 vid where he fell going over a ditch was minor and happens to any wheel. I am not biased and I'll bash Gotway when deserved.

Edited by Adumb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

AAAHHHH.... I was referring to the MSuper over the curb.... I just ordered the MCM5 

Oh wow hah I'm dumb, I thought I'm in the mcm5 thread. But yeah the msuper over curb vid was disturbing. 

Edit: jealous about ur mcm5, wife put the kibosh on that for me at lunch today. 

Edited by Adumb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Scroll back in that thread... you will see... IM HOOKED... cant wait, 2 1/2 weeks till I get mine ?

Yeah I don't know how I thought this was that thread, I get pop-up saying new replies so I just thought it was that thread, so dumb. I hate the Tesla look but love the mcm5's, I most likely will put off the 18l and get back on this train. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Adumb said:

Oh wow hah I'm dumb, I thought I'm in the mcm5 thread. But yeah the msuper over curb vid was disturbing. 

Edit: jealous about ur mcm5, wife put the kibosh on that for me at lunch today. 

:(

10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I hate gotway for making low quality products.  I hate gotway for pushing wheels to users when they are not ready.  I hate gotway for having such a bad reputation that I can’t ride their wheel even if I like them like the Tesla because I don’t like falling and getting hurt.  Full armor doesn’t guarantee you don’t get hurt. 

When something is wrong I point it out regardless of the manufacturer.  I’m not a fanboy of any specific manufacturer and I know what I like and what I don’t like.   I recognize that everyone is different and some may disagree and some may overlook the issues because they value range more.  But I think that everyone needs all the info to make an informed decision and knowing the risk to either avoid it or accept it for what ever reason. 

Dont make excuses for them.  GW accountable for their products so it can be improved.  Ignoring them or flossing over them just gives them a free pass and they may never fix their products or reputation.  

You sir, honestly took the words right out of my mouth. I could not have said that any better ????????????????

Had an ACM and an ACMv2 both are sitting junk now. Money down the drain. I desperately tried to get a hold of a representative from gotway more times than I could honestly remember.Mentioned that the ACM v2 was dead after one week of use. I hurt myself very badly on both. Representative never got back to me. I feel everyone on these issues. 

2 minutes ago, Vikas said:

Had an ACM and an ACMv2 both are sitting junk now. Money down the drain. I desperately tried to get a hold of a representative from gotway more times than I could honestly remember.Mentioned that the ACM v2 was dead after one week of use. I hurt myself very badly on both. Representative never got back to me. I feel everyone on these issues. 

I'm tempted to cut-and-paste the email exchange I had with a Gotway distributor out in Vancouver about 8 months ago.  They were so shady about trying to get out of any warranty obligation on the Gotway wheels they were trying to unload.    

How do you get a hold of Gotway to begin with?

I tried once could not find any contact info to receive a reply, directly to seller I was told so curious?

Want to be able to contact them, at least one can get parts though, a wheel dead after one week should be warranty through seller if wheel just broke down by itself, quality is so so and I have nothing to compare to but I do like my ACM a lot.

15 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Couldn't just "like" this post, I had to respond to it to reinforce the point being made.  One of the big weaknesses of this forum is that you can get poor information if you're a newb and not especially well-researched about wheels.  Drives me nuts.  Thank goodness Eddie has the personal integrity to voice his opinion for the betterment of those newbs so that they can make an informed decision. 

None of the Gotway fanboys will ever mention to a newb they're recommending buy a Gotway that they have a 15-20% failure rate out of the box.  They'll swear up and down that they're "objective" in order be perceived as credible, and may even believe it, but conspicuously omit that critical information and rationalize it by saying that it's not their responsibility to do the necessary research for the newb, while at the same time being the first to respond in recommendation threads.  The problem is that this forum is so small that one loud voice carries way more weight than it should.  

Eddie was courteous enough not to downvote that poster for his baseless accusation, but I'm not...

Thankyou very much for conveying exactitudes and specificities so eloquently.