Gotway MSuper X arrived

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hopefully you weren't surprised by the less than impressive quality based on what I and others have said previously. Gotway is all about performance and range, and hopefully you won't be disappointed in that department. Can't wait to get mine.

Yeah, I have to add that for my ACM I was really impressive too by the toughness of the wheel, of course I have nothing to relate to and ye I did finally destroy the shell too but what it took was dumping it down a long escalator, bounce, bounce, bounce... from the top all the way to the bottom and not exactly rolling down but actually lifting and taking some air foe each time it bounced off a step. Cracked, handle destroyed etc sure, but I started it and rode away and should the MSX be half that I'm ok + don't want no shiny finish cause I will destroy it soon anyway. + I have come to accept the inside too, I don't like the pigs fest and irritated by it but ok, as long as the wheel carry me and don't do anything stupid from a safety standpoint I am all good.

Edited by Electroman

8 hours ago, Rhada said:

ordered mine today at wheel tech store, will see when it arrives, it seems it's the 3rd batch. 

Regarding batches, I asked green store what batch they are on and said second a week ago, yesterday he said 10 for some reason, I suspect communication miss between us?

Cannot be or are they that insanely fast or somehow calculate the wheels in numbers batches at manufacturing no matter the time frame, sound weird either way cause they all said 2:nd just a week ago but I know wheel tech store was running low by then so?

12 minutes ago, joku said:

@Jpd that v10f light is amazing.

Looks like the msx has good power and is smooth on the grass

It is actually really good in the grass. That fat tire makes a big difference.

Thanks for the first impressions @Jpd!

5 minutes ago, Jpd said:

The tire, this is where the msuperx stands out. The fat tire rides like butter, absorbs shock better than the tire on the v10f and seems to be an all around better tire.

What pressure were you at?

• Like 1

Just now, mrelwood said:

Thanks for the first impressions @Jpd!

What pressure were you at?

I haven’t checked the pressure yet , but the tire feels pretty firm.

it looks pretty nice in an ugly way ? maybe the pads from euc guy with just a little protective ribbed foam on could work , that's if they fit ofc ,, keep the reveiws coming and vids ,,,, we like em?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, stephen said:

it looks pretty nice in an ugly way ? maybe the pads from euc guy with just a little protective ribbed foam on could work , that's if they fit ofc ,, keep the reveiws coming and vids ,,,, we like em?

Yeah I like the look of it. I’ve already been in touch with euc guy, hopefully he’ll have some soon.

12 hours ago, US69 said:

Did anyone know on which batcht they fixed the „tiltback and pedal weakness“ problems?

I guess it was from 2. batch on, or? @Tbx Nicolas ??

I tried only batch !, there is one from batch 2 in the local store but cannot ride it unless I buy it. the "progressive tailback" should be only present on the early model. I had it too on my ACM2 received last month but I got a new motherboard with a fixed firmware. However smoothness is still an issue on the MSX in my opinion (and to a lesser extent on my ACM), aside other big issues like pads and gap between the tire and the shell. Hope they'll fix it in the coming months because they used to do very smooth algorithms where you could forget the wheel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tbx Nicolas said:

I tried only batch !, there is one from batch 2 in the local store but cannot ride it unless I buy it. the "progressive tailback" should be only present on the early model. I had it too on my ACM2 received last month but I got a new motherboard with a fixed firmware. However smoothness is still an issue on the MSX in my opinion (and to a lesser extent on my ACM), aside other big issues like pads and gap between the tire and the shell. Hope they'll fix it in the coming months because they used to do very smooth algorithms where you could forget the wheel.

Yeah, thats what i heard from first hand sources which visited GW production in beginn of June, also...

Gotway tried to replicate the Tesla behaviour...but ran into main probs with that on the X....togethr with the other allready known issues (which the fanboys always forget to mention ? ) i better wait more 2-3 months buying one.

Was very interested and the X was my number one candidate for my next new wheel.....but seams its better to step back for a while ? 

At least that is My opinion!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, US69 said:

Yeah, thats what i heard from first hand sources which visited GW production in beginn of June, also...

Gotway tried to replicate the Tesla behaviour...but ran into main probs with that on the X....togethr with the other allready known issues (which the fanboys always forget to mention ? ) i better wait more 2-3 months buying one.

Was very interested and the X was my number one candidate for my next new wheel.....but seams its better to step back for a while ? 

At least that is My opinion!

Hi guys, new here, great forum! My MSuperX is on way from China (ordered via AliExpress but Im not sure what batch number it may be? Is there a way to know for sure?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Jpd said:

Msuperx vs v10f headlight. V10f is the one on the right.

A45E2607-C464-4371-A778-5FF7EE9D58B3.jpeg

Thanks a lot, a pic is worth a thousand worlds the say yes?

Did I say worlds, ohh that's wrong but a world apart so still I allow my mistake to stand

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bluewheel said:

Hi guys, new here, great forum! My MSuperX is on way from China (ordered via AliExpress but Im not sure what batch number it may be? Is there a way to know for sure?

Thanks!

Hello bluewheel.

Not for sure, but if bought from Ali I suspect it cannot be from the first batch those seams long gone by now which would mean it's second or later, I honestly cannot say how many batches there is since people talk about first and second, then I read 3 here so contacted a Ali seller and he is telling me more and up to 10 but I can sense sarcasm so? ?

If you placed the order recently you should be all good, of course I cannot promise a perfect wheel but tilt back from 1:st batch should be gone, may I suggest you send him a message and simply ask? I think they be happy to let you know, if second or later anyhow.. ?

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, US69 said:

allready have an 18S with more watthour -1680wh.... nearly the same as powerfull...seated riding...etc etc....

In general no fan of „LED Circus ring“ wheels...while thats easy to turn off...

What intersting is in the X is the big tire...the abilty to perhaps just buy it with only 800wh battery block..and use as other battery my blocks from my Monster...then can also use the X 800wh to upgrade my Monster from 1600 to 2400wh.

Also wanted the promised rock hard pedal setting, acceleratioon and glideness of the Tesla in this 19inch X...but as it seams they are struggling with that....and already have some other small quirks...like tire scratching in the shell....i will have to overthink that all....

my 18s is a great wheel but since i don’t need range i’m hoping the 18L will be a little more maneuverable, ie less torso twisting for sharp slow turns(my back does not like that).balancing the top heaviness of the 1680wh is achievable tilting it between my legs but it’s taxing.

plus i really like the looks of the guts of the 18L, even though i don’t really know what i’m looking at. and i wanted a matte black wheel. better headlight is mandatory out here.

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Hello bluewheel.

Not for sure, but if bought from Ali I suspect it cannot be from the first batch those seams long gone by now which would mean it's second or later, I honestly cannot say how many batches there is since people talk about first and second, then I read 3 here so contacted a Ali seller and he is telling me more and up to 10 but I can sense sarcasm so? ?

If you placed the order recently you should be all good, of course I cannot promise a perfect wheel but tilt back from 1:st batch should be gone, may I suggest you send him a message and simply ask? I think they be happy to let you know, if second or later anyhow.. ?

Thanks so much Electroman, I really appreciate your reply. I was about to send a message to the Seller when Ive red within the product description the following:''

[Green Fashion] Aliexpress professional EUC sales shop, all the goods for the latest goods, not overstock inventory, do not sell products of quality problems. The best service shops are highly valued in international forums. Here, you buy, rest assured.
Battery:1600WH
This is the second batch of MSX in the factory. There is no problem and you can order it with confidence.''

So, it is the second batch alright. May I ask a silly question as well please...in terms of batteries..are they safe? Ive heard a few horror stories about catching fire (not on the electric unicycles) - just in general..So I was wondering are you keeping an eye on the wheel when charging or are you worried leaving it in the house? Sorry..maybe I worry too much...
Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, novazeus said:

my 18s is a great wheel but since i don’t need range i’m hoping the 18L will be a little more maneuverable, ie less torso twisting for sharp slow turns(my back does not like that).balancing the top heaviness of the 1680wh is achievable tilting it between my legs but it’s taxing.

plus i really like the looks of the guts of the 18L, even though i don’t really know what i’m looking at. and i wanted a matte black wheel. better headlight is mandatory out here.

If you find you need more light, consider picking up a headlamp.  I've got one, but don't really need to use it.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Diamond-620634-Spot-Headlamp/dp/B06XQFZCPX

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bluewheel said:

Thanks so much Electroman, I really appreciate your reply. I was about to send a message to the Seller when Ive red within the product description the following:''

[Green Fashion] Aliexpress professional EUC sales shop, all the goods for the latest goods, not overstock inventory, do not sell products of quality problems. The best service shops are highly valued in international forums. Here, you buy, rest assured.
Battery:1600WH
This is the second batch of MSX in the factory. There is no problem and you can order it with confidence.''

So, it is the second batch alright. May I ask a silly question as well please...in terms of batteries..are they safe? Ive heard a few horror stories about catching fire (not on the electric unicycles) - just in general..So I was wondering are you keeping an eye on the wheel when charging or are you worried leaving it in the house? Sorry..maybe I worry too much...
Thanks!

No problem, ohh you bought from green fashion, ok.

Should be no problem many others did as well and you will not get from the first batch, hence no tilt back problems this is how I understand it so should be all good.

This is my first time shelling out a larger amount of $ from Aliexpress so of course also at least a bit worried, or rather was no more others convinced me it will all good even though perhaps not arriving as fast as I first wanted it to? It will feel all the sweeter once arriving. ?

1 minute ago, mezzanine said:

If you find you need more light, consider picking up a headlamp.  I've got one, but don't really need to use it.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Diamond-620634-Spot-Headlamp/dp/B06XQFZCPX

Indeed, I took a led lenser off the shelf at work, a lot more powerful than original 67v ACM lamp. Not the most powerful head lamp out there but most def some extra help in the dark, I suppose the X will have at least a slightly better and improved lamp stock vs the old ACM i have too? But I like the head lamp cause I can easily direct the light on what I want when I want it over all 3 axis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Electroman said:

Indeed, I took a led lenser off the shelf at work, a lot more powerful than original 67v ACM lamp. Not the most powerful head lamp out there but most def some extra help in the dark, I suppose the X will have at least a slightly better and improved lamp stock vs the old ACM i have too? But I like the head lamp cause I can easily direct the light on what I want when I want it over all 3 axis.

The ACM2, Tesla, MCM5, Mten3, 100-volt Monster, all have the same LED headlamp as the new MSuper X. Substantially more bright than the old LED's like what's in your ACM.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Electroman said:

But I like the head lamp cause I can easily direct the light on what I want when I want it over all 3 axis.

This is a big deal when doing night-time maneuvers. I can't speak to how improved current Gotway lights are over their predecessors, but the narrow beam of my MTen3 is still adequate only if I'm going in a straight line. Even a gently slaloming carve down a sidewalk is kind of sketchy without my helmet light, because it doesn't take a very large obstruction to give a 10" wheel trouble.

My V10F provides plenty of wide-beam illumination for the same narrow slaloming. I still love my helmet lamp, though, for look-aheads on sharp turns.

I'd love to see a mod that gave a wheel broad underglow illumination, even if it only brightened a circle about 1m in diameter. Colored lights would look damn sexy in that configuration.

1703-1431395002-7254775746eb7c26b705c072

Edited by beast@tanagra
  • Like 2